There are 311 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

That two things that are very apparent after Day 2 of the draft

One, Baalke and Harbaugh wanted to add speed and explosiveness to the offense and they have. Jenkins and James are similar in that they have long speed and return ability.

Second, the Front Office is completely confident in the offensive linemen they already have in Kilgore, Boone and Person. It appears that they are not focused on getting anyone else to fill the RG spot. If anything, they may look to UDFA's to bring in some competition on the offensive line.
We have shifted from power to finesse

neither of these guys are "blockers"
[ Edited by jreff22 on Apr 27, 2012 at 10:36 PM ]
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
One, Baalke and Harbaugh wanted to add speed and explosiveness to the offense and they have. Jenkins and James are similar in that they have long speed and return ability.

Second, the Front Office is completely confident in the offensive linemen they already have in Kilgore, Boone and Person. It appears that they are not focused on getting anyone else to fill the RG spot. If anything, they may look to UDFA's to bring in some competition on the offensive line.

They are more confident in the line than I realized, but I still think they use one of their 4th or 5th round picks on a guard. It's all about competition, a UDFA or one of their 7th rounders probably isn't really going to push kilgore/boone/person for a spot.
Originally posted by mike:

They are more confident in the line than I realized, but I still think they use one of their 4th or 5th round picks on a guard. It's all about competition, a UDFA or one of their 7th rounders probably isn't really going to push kilgore/boone/person for a spot.

boone is locked, kilgore and person need pushing
Originally posted by jreff22:

I don't think we've shifted... what we've done is become multi diminsional. Our offense didn't scare anyone last year the way a guy like Sproles scares people... well now it might. Creep up to the line to try to stop the power run... just better hope one of these guys don't get behind you cuz you aint catching them!

Third,dude theres VERSATILITY ALL OVER the place!!From different types of backs,to over the top,underneath,cross the middle pass catchers,to multiple special teams options.D and O linemen who can shift and catch passes,man wtf!?!?! The play action game should be improved also.Harbaugh and the boys got alotta toys to play wit!!!
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Apr 28, 2012 at 3:48 AM ]
Versatility? I love it.

But for those who knows LMJs game, how good is he on punt returns witn such a small frame?
e.g. fumbles?, how often was he returning punts, all 3 years?
They have bought in some complimentary players. I think they are looking to play to Alex's strengths. Expect a lot of shotgun. Maybe some no huddle.
Our linemen only looked bad vs teams with D's that were good against any linemen. Alex isn't going to need as much time dropping back this season anyway. I don't think it's such a massive need to be honest. Snyder wasn't an end all linemen and losing him didn't cripple us as much as people want to believe. Arizona will find that out very soon...lol. Also having a stud rookie linemen isn't a for sure thing anyway and their position is notorious for producing MANY busts. I think they are smart to avoid drafting one high or at all.

I agree with the first; but, not sold on the second. Good guards can usually be found later in the draft.
Another thing apparent is they're spoiling Alex Smith this year!

we have sucked for so long, I forgot what it looked like to reload! We have a great squad, we have no gaping holes, we are adding luxury items! Awesome feeling! With all this speed on offense we will be hard to stop!
We have added speed. We most likely will sign a G in FA.
Originally posted by jreff22:

I love the speed and explosiveness we have added to the team!
the Meat and Potatoes of this years draft is about here....