There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James is a Niner

Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Who could they Niners have drafted in rounds 1 or 2 that would be getting playing time? I cant think of anybody. It really didnt matter who we picked, there was damn good chance they werent gonna get any playing time this year.

Almost any D player would be in a rotation easily. Any pick that comes in and looks better then the competition would play.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Who could they Niners have drafted in rounds 1 or 2 that would be getting playing time? I cant think of anybody. It really didnt matter who we picked, there was damn good chance they werent gonna get any playing time this year.

Almost any D player would be in a rotation easily. Any pick that comes in and looks better then the competition would play.

I dont see it.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Oh? You seeing a lot of rotation on defense?
Originally posted by Wodwo:
A kid taken that high should be dressing on gamedays. Many think Trent is infallible but I really think this pick was a mistake.

Why should he be dressing? Does this years team look like it needs rookies to contribute?

It's way too early to judge the pick.

Is it really a bad idea to use draft picks to plan for the future?
Top picks should contribute. How many top picks aren't even dressing in the NFL?

Luck-playing
RGIII-playing
Richardson-playing
Kalil-playing
Blackmon-playing
Claiborne-playing
Barron-playing
Tannehill-playing
Kuechly-playing
Gilmore-playing
Poe-playing
Cox-playing
Floyd-playing
Brockers-playing
Irvin-playing
Coples-playing
Kirkpatrick-hurt
Ingram-playing
McCellin-playing
Wright-playing
Jones-playing
Weeden-playing
Reiff-active (on bench)
DeCastro-hurt
Hightower-playing
Mercilus-playing
Zeitler-playing
Perry-playing
Smith-playing
Jenkins-not playing (dressed once)
Martin-playing
Wilson-playing

I can do the 2nd round but it looks very similar.

the talent is crap on the bench. Go look in the draft rooms, everybody is calling for fresh bodies to rotate

I dont see it.

Upshaw would rotate very easily
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
A kid taken that high should be dressing on gamedays. Many think Trent is infallible but I really think this pick was a mistake.

Why should he be dressing? Does this years team look like it needs rookies to contribute?

It's way too early to judge the pick.

Is it really a bad idea to use draft picks to plan for the future?
Top picks should contribute. How many top picks aren't even dressing in the NFL?

Luck-playing
RGIII-playing
Richardson-playing
Kalil-playing
Blackmon-playing
Claiborne-playing
Barron-playing
Tannehill-playing
Kuechly-playing
Gilmore-playing
Poe-playing
Cox-playing
Floyd-playing
Brockers-playing
Irvin-playing
Coples-playing
Kirkpatrick-hurt
Ingram-playing
McCellin-playing
Wright-playing
Jones-playing
Weeden-playing
Reiff-active (on bench)
DeCastro-hurt
Hightower-playing
Mercilus-playing
Zeitler-playing
Perry-playing
Smith-playing
Jenkins-not playing (dressed once)
Martin-playing
Wilson-playing

I can do the 2nd round but it looks very similar.

I don't really care about other teams. Is it really hurting the 49ers?

You say they should contribute. Why?

What if they don't see the field at all this year, but have a huge impact next year?

Again, it's too early to judge.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

the talent is crap on the bench. Go look in the draft rooms, everybody is calling for fresh bodies to rotate

Well, that's indisputable evidence right there.

Well, that's indisputable evidence right there.
what would you like me to say? Dobbs and Tafuku are great backups? Haggins and the other guy are great options at OLB?
I don't really care about other teams. Is it really hurting the 49ers?

You say they should contribute. Why?

What if they don't see the field at all this year, but have a huge impact next year?

Again, it's too early to judge.
Is it helping? Has the passing game improved much? We couldn't use a shifty change of pace back?

Im worried about this year not next year.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
what would you like me to say? Dobbs and Tafuku are great backups? Haggins and the other guy are great options at OLB?

Dobbs and Tukuafu seem to be fine. Add in RJF and I'm not seeing a problem.

OLB? Using a little hindsight bias there, don't you think?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Is it helping? Has the passing game improved much? We couldn't use a shifty change of pace back?

Four games, Bro.

Four.

WAY too early.

Dobbs and Tukuafu seem to be fine. Add in RJF and I'm not seeing a problem.

OLB? Using a little hindsight bias there, don't you think?

Seem fine...they dont play. RJF is the only guy who gets into games. We have no quality depth this year and will have holes next year as well.

Go look at who takes # snaps and you tell me if Justin and Aldon should play 70 snaps?

The coaching staff is high on Dobbs and Tukuafu. Dobbs doubles as a TE and Tukuafu at FB. The team had a plan for them. There is a reason no d-lineman were drafted this year.

Injuries took our depth at OLB. Hindsight is 20/20. At the time we had Haralson and Fleming as the projected backups, which would have been quality depth.

Our depth is currently strong at RB & WR, but we have some aging players there. The team saw this and were looking at the future with the seletions of Jenkins and James. Gore will be 30 next season and in the last year of his deal. Jacobs is a FA. Moss will be 36 and a FA. Both Jenkins and James will be important parts of the future.

Four games, Bro.

Four.

WAY too early.

we will have this same conversation in a month