LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hunter + James = Screens Alll day baby!! aha
Like the pick. Explosive player. I can't wait to see him make plays for this team
Love this pick gonna be an exciting year
Im friends with Josh Kaddu and hes friends with LaMichael.. Therefore...

LOVE this pick. An explosive playmaker who is a threat to score at anytime. I like the comparison to Sproles. Mike Mayock made a good point saying we need guys who can generate yards, we were only 26th in total offense. James can get yards in bunches.

Also, don't worry about the Niners not drafting a bigger back who can succeed Gore. RB's don't need to groomed, they are plug and play players. We can always get a new feature back when Gore is done. For this year, Jacobs is the bigger back who can handle a big load if Gore goes down.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Can't wait to see Harbaugh get creative with him. A real playmaker. I think Kendall Hunter may be on the way out. The RB competition in camp is going to be fun to watch

Hunter isn't going anywhere, Gore is the one who's days are numbered.
Can't wait to see Harbaugh get creative with him. A real playmaker. I think Kendall Hunter may be on the way out. The RB competition in camp is going to be fun to watch

No way he is on his way out. I think this pick shows the staffs confidence that Hunter can be the guy in a year or two.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Wow!

So are we going to carry four runningbacks this season?

Frank Gore, the Workhorse
Kendall Hunter, the Change-of-Pace
Anthony Dixon OR Brandon Jacobs, the Power
LaMichael James, the Homerun Threat

Can he return punts as well?

I'm sorry but gore is no longer a workhorse, look at last year. Over half the games he didn't do s**t

He doesn't have much left
i think we got this guy to be darren sproles if you will

he wont be much of a runner

but as a guy catching off the backfield....

everything ive heard and seen is this guy is electric hime run threat who in open sapce just dominates

guess were carrting 5 guys in backfield this year 4 RB 1 FB in miller
Getting Smith some weapons. Good. I hope right guard holds up or we get one next pick.

• Dapro
  • Veteran
Who the Niners think they are? The raiders? Drafting all these speedy guys.
It'll be fun to see teams try to go jail-break blitz on the 49ers this year..........I'm looking at you Arizona.
i think we got this guy to be darren sproles if you will

he wont be much of a runner

but as a guy catching off the backfield....

everything ive heard and seen is this guy is electric hime run threat who in open sapce just dominates

guess were carrting 5 guys in backfield this year 4 RB 1 FB in miller
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

agree
Originally posted by susweel:

Sadly that was my thinking. It might be Gore who might be on his way out.
Share 49ersWebzone