Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
IMO he's a better Kendall Hunter. Slightly bigger than the tiny Kendall Hunter. Certainly faster. Definitely more productive although Hunter was productive in college and good as a 1st year pro. I honestly think long term he takes Hunters job. I really do. I don't know if he will as a rookie?
1) Gore - are we keeping him or going youth and speed movement?
2) Lamichael James - long term better, faster and more productive than Hunter. Not sure if he is here as a rookie day 1. I think 49ers find it hard to take him off the field for Huter once they see all his explosive plays.
3) Kendall Hunter - change of pace, somewhat productive, very small. Trade bait? What's his future with the team?
4) Brandon Jacobs - 1 year deal, has slowed down some. What is his long term future with our team? Does he even make it?
5) Anthony Dixon - does he beat Jacobs? Do we keep him as the younger more long term guy over a 1 year Jacobs or give up entirely on him now?
Dude he's not bigger than Hunter. I'm convinced you've never actually seen what LaMichael James looks like. Hunter is smaller and heavier and WAY more muscular than the smallish James and has the build to be a starting RB. James does not.
And LOL @ you talking about getting ride of Gore. Gore hasn't ever been a speed RB. His value is in his ability to read the defense, make a few cuts, and grab 4-5 tough yards and occasionally break a 30 yarder. He ran the ball beautifully vs. the Giants and actually had a better year in 2012 than 2011.
Some of you guys are so f**king ridiculous come draft time. Fall in love with these guys and forget about guys who have already produced on the field for us. Don't forget, Harbaugh/Baalke also drafted Hunter.
James "get him the ball in space" RB