LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
MUHHAHHAHAHA BOYS WE HAVE THE BEST RUNNING BACK CORE IN THE NFL!!!

My fave James moment at Oregon!
Didn't want him, because I thought we needed OLINE, but love that he is a niner, his jersey might be my next one.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
MUHHAHHAHAHA BOYS WE HAVE THE BEST RUNNING BACK CORE IN THE NFL!!!

we may have one of the most stacked offenses as well with all these new playmakers. especially if Moss is still effective and our line can keep smith up long enough to use these guys
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I love Gore as much as anyone but he only has maybe 2 good years left. Long term Hunter and James will be the future at RB.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
we may have one of the most stacked offenses as well with all these new playmakers. especially if Moss is still effective and our line can keep smith up long enough to use these guys

i wouldnt go that far

we still dont have a #1 WR and 35 year old moss and 2 unproven draft picks

i will say though we went from crappy maye bottom 3 in nfl last year to aove average and maye top 5 depending on how the draft picks turn out
I love this pick more than our 1st pick. This guy is gonna be sick on screen plays.

By the way Gore has been my favorite player since he took over as the starting RB. I credit him almost all the wins we got on those sorry years. He gave it his all to this team on the toughest of time. No one has played harder than Gore for the 49ers.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

My fave James moment at Oregon!

That was the sickest run of his career.
Originally posted by luis1985:
I love this pick more than our 1st pick. This guy is gonna be sick on screen plays.

By the way Gore has been my favorite player since he took over as the starting RB. I credit him almost all the wins we got on those sorry years. He gave it his all to this team on the toughest of time. No one has played harder than Gore for the 49ers.

Yeah notice Frank is the franchise rusher. He played on a losing team for all of his career except for last year and singletary was a jackass calling suicidal plays for a RB. The fact that he could rack up more yards than Craig and Perry on a LOSING team should make him a lock for the greatest RB in 49er history. He excelled in a few terrible offensive setups and never complained. It get's no better.
People comparing him to Kendall Hunter piss me off. I swear, some people shouldn't be allowed to publish articles online.

They are nothing alike. I don't think James even compares to Sproles; I think that comparison is over used.

I honestly think he's going to make his own name in the NFL.

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
People comparing him to Kendall Hunter piss me off. I swear, some people shouldn't be allowed to publish articles online.

They are nothing alike. I don't think James even compares to Sproles; I think that comparison is over used.

is he a 3rd down back only?

diesnt seem big enough to run between tackles but he has great vision and extremelly explosive which would make me believe he is our primary RB when we go into a passing down and the RB will be there to run a screen or run a route
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

is he a 3rd down back only?

diesnt seem big enough to run between tackles but he has great vision and extremelly explosive which would make me believe he is our primary RB when we go into a passing down and the RB will be there to run a screen or run a route

I don't know if I'm willing to make a prediction on what he can become. As some poster mentioned earlier, he definitely was a product of our system. We used a spread offense with a very up-tempo attack, so a lot of his big runs came when the defense was gassed and couldn't keep up with him.

But at the same time he deserves more credit than that because he truly was a magnificent back. He is small, but he's extremely physical and did not shy away from contact. In fact, he created the contact with defenders before they could hit him at times, which is uncharacteristic of backs his size.

I just don't like the Sproles comparison yet because we didn't use him like a Sproles type of back in college. He was a pure running back that ran in between the tackles. He was just excellent at finding the holes that we created and BUSTED through them.

Do I think he can become a Sproles type of back? I think that's ideal, but it remains to be seen because he didn't catch a lot of passes at Oregon. That simply wasn't his game.

He was a smaller running back who ran like a bruiser with 4.2 speed on the field.

And that might be hard to believe, but it was true. He was a VERY physical runner and that is a very underrated aspect of his game. He NEVER went down on first contact, and I mean NEVER. It might not transfer over to the NFL b/c defenders are going to be twice his size at every position, but James is deceptively strong and physical. He needs more credit in that category.

This kid as the potential to be AMAZING and create a name for himself in this league, and I truly mean that.
[ Edited by OregonDuckNiner on Apr 28, 2012 at 1:51 AM ]
Originally posted by ace49ers:
in watching this guys highlights the obvious is speed and his foot work in trying to find daylight. The guy also finishes his runs he doesnt go out of bounds and will take out a DB on the way down which is a surprise for a guy his size.

No one will be calling us the Ravens of the NFC thats for sure.

Hit the nail on the head.

No one talks about this aspect of his game, but he's a VERY physical back. You'll get to learn that the more we all watch him progress.
And my favorite part about him is that he always ALWAYS handed the ball off to the ref every time he scored.
And my favorite part about him is that he always ALWAYS handed the ball off to the ref every time he scored.

As a Beavers fan I noticed that too. Quite frequently, in fact.
Share 49ersWebzone