LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 414 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
James said he's willing to do anything asked of him, from running and catching the ball to covering kickoffs or even blocking field goals.

"I haven't blocked any -- yet," James said. "Coming soon I'm going to block some."

Somebody has to throw his ass up in the air to do that. I would be very happy if he can do blitz pickup at 5'8.

Actually I take that back, he's quick enough from the outside to swoop in for a block.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Apr 27, 2012 at 10:10 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
ban him for using that pic of sproles.

+1

+2 lolz

plus 3

+1

+2 lolz

plus 3

+1

+2 lolz

plus 3
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Wow this guy better not turn out to be another Lawerence Phillips, man, has this guy been in some trouble.

?

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20120415/sports/704159839/

In addition to size concerns, there are also character issues with James, whose father was fatally shot before he was born.

James was raised by his grandmother, until she died when he was a junior in high school.

He was arrested in high school for disorderly conduct and third-degree battery after a fight with a rival school, but those chargers were eventually dropped.

His problems continued after high school. Following a domestic dispute in 2010 with his girlfriend, James was charged with five misdemeanors and eventually pleaded guilty to physical harassment, served 10 days in jail, was suspended for the season opener and spent 24 months on probation.

But, if he can withstand the punishment in the NFL, James has elite, big-play ability.

Prisco gave the James pick a D because he thinks we don't need him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/18862737/grades-2012-nfl-draft-round-2

Why? Don't they have Kendall Hunter? Is it to help the return game? Weird pick, even though I like the player.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Could this be the end of Frank Gore? I know it's a crazy thought, but every RB hits that point in their career where they lose a step and just can't make the explosive play either through the hole or once they get into the secondary.

Again, seems crazy to think about it, but Gore has looked slower and slower every year, and from the looks of it, Harbaugh is going after speed, speed and more speed. Just sayin...

Jacobs, Hunter, James, Cartwright (SP), Miller (FB)????

I really think this is possible. And it's sacreligious to suggest. But lets be honest Gore took himself out of games at the end of the season and in the playoffs when we were in 4th quarters. I think he has really hit the wall. I'm also not sure Jacobs makes the team now on a 1 year deal? Or is it Dixon who gets cut. 1 of those 2 is gone. Gore could be gone or demoted. I think they want more speed on the field and I think it makes a lot of sense.
Dixon gets cut

This doe
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Prisco gave the James pick a D because he thinks we don't need him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/18862737/grades-2012-nfl-draft-round-2

Why? Don't they have Kendall Hunter? Is it to help the return game? Weird pick, even though I like the player.
Matt Miller was perplexed as well......think we are covering the bases. When Gore retires we go RB again...but we should be good for 2 years now.
some are already underestimating hunter...i haven't seen james run on a consistent basis, but one thing that hunter does well is he does not leave a single yard on the field....meaning he has great vision and low to the field, defenders bounce off the guy......would folks who have watched james on a consistent basis say that he makes the best out of every run? i know he breaks huge plays, but i don't think hunter is going to lose the job any time soon.
Originally posted by Pick6:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Wow this guy better not turn out to be another Lawerence Phillips, man, has this guy been in some trouble.

?

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20120415/sports/704159839/

In addition to size concerns, there are also character issues with James, whose father was fatally shot before he was born.

James was raised by his grandmother, until she died when he was a junior in high school.

He was arrested in high school for disorderly conduct and third-degree battery after a fight with a rival school, but those chargers were eventually dropped.

His problems continued after high school. Following a domestic dispute in 2010 with his girlfriend, James was charged with five misdemeanors and eventually pleaded guilty to physical harassment, served 10 days in jail, was suspended for the season opener and spent 24 months on probation.

But, if he can withstand the punishment in the NFL, James has elite, big-play ability.

no gold star lol

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Can't wait to see Harbaugh get creative with him. A real playmaker. I think Kendall Hunter may be on the way out. The RB competition in camp is going to be fun to watch

LOL!? You seriously think we'd cut Hunter? What have you been smoking? Hunter is basically a MJD clone at 5-7 200 pounds(I think he added more weight to this # during the season - MJD is 5-7 208. Hunter has the skill set and size to be an every down back, James is his compliment now and will be used all over the field.

Originally posted by Dapro:
Who the Niners think they are? The raiders? Drafting all these speedy guys.

I was joking about this today, laughing that maybe Josh Robinson would slip to the end of the 3rd for us to take him, maybe we'll still snag someone quick though lol.

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Schefter reported James will be used as a 3rd down back

I guess the staff didnt believe in hunter

Shefter is a tool, besides as I said above in my post, Hunter has the skill set and size to be an every down back. He is likely going to be #1 in 2013 with James as the #2 and we draft or sign FA thumper after this season. Gore is likely done after this season, its just the reality of the situation and even if he plays in 2013 it would be in an incredibly limited role. Look to the future man, Hunter, James and perhaps Dixon gets a fire under his a** or we find a goal line thumper to fill the void.

Originally posted by mike:
Also I just read that he gained 20 pounds to help please nfl teams, he was only 160 playing in Oregon. That may explain his 40 hitting more toward a 4.4 range(which by all means is not slow, but not sexy Chris Johnson fast either). He should have an easier time finding that balance of size/speed at the nfl level when he's not powering down the weight gain shakes haha.

He reminds me a lot of CJ the way he can burst for a home run yet also isn't afraid to bang his body for yardage. Of course he doesn't have CJ2k's 40 time but he does still look insanely fast.

5-9 185 is perfect, if he can actually play at that weight I dont have issue with it all. He will be such a utility guy for us it wont matter, for comparisons sake Wes Welker is 5-9 185 and other then that freak knee injury he has been durable as hell. James can be just as healthy for us, he is not going to be an every down back, we are going committee.

I'm so stoked for this pick. Were going to be incredible this year.
As a Duck fan I am so pumped for this pick. You guys will be amazed with his quickness.
This is a Walsh-esk pick by Harbaugh. Similar to Walsh marveled at the gutsy performance by Jeff Garcia against his Stanford team in a bowl. Picked up Garcia years later in Canada. Harbaugh witnessed his Stanford team got burned by James. So here's James on the Niners.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Apr 27, 2012 at 10:16 PM ]
Originally posted by socalniner:
Another weapon! Can't have too many of those. Spells adios for Dixon

Why? They are a completely different type of back. But now we have 4 RB's on the roster behind Gore, and none of them are a full time fill-in if Gore goes down, and none are a long term replacement for Gore.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by susweel:
Kiper says he's up 195 now.

Hunter is 199. 5'6". James 5'8" - 5'9" 195 lbs. They are about the same with James actually being slightly bigger and better college production although Hunter was real productive in college too.

Hunter is built more like an NFL RB than James is. James is extremely smallish. Being 5'6'' and 199 is actually good size for a RB and I'm sure Hunter is over 200 by now.

I don't dislike the pick...I just don't expect him to be a true RB like Gore/Hunter were for us.

He's gonna be a "lets get him the ball in space" guy...a better version of Dexter McCluster.
Share 49ersWebzone