There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James is a Niner

Originally posted by NinerGod:
BOOM! Love this pick!

@ 2:00 returns a Punt for a TD

Alot of draws and screens doe

We rarely run the screen for some stupid reason.

This guy looks like Hunter the second.

Bye Bye Boobie?
made a thread to debate roster battles in NT
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Pick6:
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
I'm not buying his 4.45 40 time, this guy just explodes as soon as he has the ball in his hands. Looks like a 4.2 40 guy lol. Just insane burst, quick feet, outstanding balance, and outruns angles. f**king stoked to have a guy like this on the 49ers!!!

People don't seem to realize how little of a difference it truly is between 4.2 and .3 or .4. Snap your finger as fast as you can and that's probably about the difference haha. That's also why it's hard to do handheld 40 times, at his pro-day a handheld stopwatch got him at 4.23. Others were in the .3 or .4 range.

Then consider that on the field, unlike the track, it's more about getting separation than having a steady sprint. Once you have two or three steps on defenders you just have to not get caught from behind. So I think we could probably learn more from a 15 or 20 yard dash.

He plays fast, like I said he looks like the road runner the way his legs move haha. That's really all that matters and it's why baalke is all about the tape.

Totally agree 40 times can be so misleading... a player who can make slight changes in directions or cuts without losing speed play much faster than their 40 times. James is one of those guys - Sproles 40 times weren't great either but they are both so fast in and out of cuts and they run just as well in pads as they do in t-shirts and shorts.

Hell he ran hand held 4.37 at the combine. Guys posted the link in this thread. What's wrong with that? What worries me is where does the 49ersWZ get it's 40 times?.....

LMJ doesnt have desean jackson speed, but he has darren sproles type elite agility. I'd rather have someone run a 4.40 with INSANE quickness than someone who just runs fast in a straight line (ted ginn).
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by susweel:
It's probably gonna be frank's last season.

I think two more and he's done. He's had his stretches, but he hasn't been the same RB in a while.

The time ticking on a great career.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
ban him for using that pic of sproles.

+1

+2 lolz
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 16to87:
speed kills and we have speed all over the roster! CHAMPIONSHIP!

I don't know, man. We also got very small on offense.

But we got VERY fast, and that's what's been missing on this team for years.

This!!

There were players on the board who were just early as fast and bigger.
LOL you had to use that pic of sproles? hahahah!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Wow this guy better not turn out to be another Lawerence Phillips, man, has this guy been in some trouble.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Wow this guy better not turn out to be another Lawerence Phillips, man, has this guy been in some trouble.

?

ruh roh
  • Pick6
  • Veteran

Walter football and NFL Draft Countdown both had Jahvid Best... maybe with more durability though and a little bulkier
LaMichael James will lead the preseason in rushing yards. BOOK IT.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
LaMichael James will lead the preseason in rushing yards. BOOK IT.

never a good sign
He won't replace Gore as RB1 or Hunter as RB2.

He'll have a role, but it won't primarily be as a RB.