CONS

We had a much easier schedule last year than this year
Teams won't be surprised by us anymore
The rest of the West is getting better
We hardly had any injuries last year hopefully that is the same this year
We lost our starting guard

PROS

We didn't have any offseason last year
Coaching staff is FREAKING amazing!!!!!!
We finally have an offensive minded coach to go along with our D
We resigned all of the key pieces on the team
We are going to be in the same offense as last year and the same for the first time in 8 years. THAT ALONE IS INCREDIBLE.
Aldon Smith is going to get more time
We picked up 2 WR that know how to play the game

OVERALL

We probably will not be 13-3 because the schedule is harder, but we will be a more well rounded team and a better team.
Defensive turnovers and offense improvement will be the judge of this story.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
CONS

PROS

We are going to be in the same offense as last year and the same for the first time in 8 years. THAT ALONE IS INCREDIBLE.

OVERALL

We probably will not be 13-3 because the schedule is harder, but we will be a more well rounded team and a better team.
i understand what you mean by bullet point number 2 on the cons but it is not like, aside from a few trick plays, we do alot of fancy dancy things especially defensivly.we do the fundamentals about as well as anyone on defense when it comes to tackling and being physical, I am not sure teams have to many answers for a team like us who does so many things well that they or we can controll. i think the coaches have become smarter and better and will not run reverse plays in the rain anymore. bullet point number two on the pros is just huge . good job
Harbaugh is a winner like said. Won at a small school(San Diego), at the highest level(Stanford) he was successful, and now in the NFL he looks good.
We are like the ravens with a better d and te, and they have been a playoff team for years with the same type of team.....great d good running game and average qb play with average wrs
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
CONS

PROS

OVERALL

Why not? They will be a better team as well might offset the harder schedule. I think they have a shot at only losing 2 games or less.
Luck has a lot to do with it and I am not talking about the one named Andrew. The niners were fortunate that they suffered no catastrophic injuries. Also, when there are inteceptions sometimes how you tip the ball, when you fumble, the way it bounces (as was noted in the playoff loss). Lots of things bounced the niners way. Plus, honestly speaking nobody say the niners coming, even when they did, they did not take them seriously and thought they were a mirage till they got runned over.

A tougher schedule and more teams better prepared will make things tougher. niners will come down a bit in the regular season. probably 12-4 or 11-5. That's okay, what they do in the playoffs is the bigger concern.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Luck has a lot to do with it and I am not talking about the one named Andrew. The niners were fortunate that they suffered no catastrophic injuries. Also, when there are inteceptions sometimes how you tip the ball, when you fumble, the way it bounces (as was noted in the playoff loss). Lots of things bounced the niners way. Plus, honestly speaking nobody say the niners coming, even when they did, they did not take them seriously and thought they were a mirage till they got runned over.

A tougher schedule and more teams better prepared will make things tougher. niners will come down a bit in the regular season. probably 12-4 or 11-5. That's okay, what they do in the playoffs is the bigger concern.

This.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Baalke, JH have created the beginning of a winning culture. A culture is a mind-set that everyone thinks the same and pull in the same direction.

We had a culture of losing under Dumbaue, Erickson, Sing.

We came together last year w/many of the same players. No player distractions like a scumbag TO. would bring.

This is the 2nd year under the Baalke/JH leadership & direction.

Much tougher schedule. This will be the acid test - and I can smell the Super Bowl now. Previously, there was zero hope for that, just a winning season would have been a big deal. Now it's the Super Bowl. That's how the culture has changed.

Agree. Bout time for #6
There may be others but off the top of my head the only egregious examples of a 1 year wonder lately were the '01 Bears, '04 Falcons, '07 Browns (even though they didn't make the playoffs) '08 Panthers and Dolphins, and '10 Chiefs. I don't know if I'd say the '06 Ravens were a 1 year wonder even though they sucked in '05 and '07 because they've been mostly good for the past 12 years. So that's only 6 instances over the last like, at least 15 years or so. Doesn't seem too bad.

Share 49ersWebzone