LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Return on Investment for Stadium Builders Licenses

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm surprised by those who feel they will get a good ROI on their SBL purchases.

With the Niners coming off an NFC championship appearance, this would be a blatant violation of the most basic tenet of investing: buy low, sell high.

Certainly, acquire those SBLs because you want access to season tickets and because you enjoy attending games live. That's why I'm doing it. Otherwise, trying to justify it from an investment standpoint is foolish. We're purchasing at the height of the market.
After we take home another 5 you won't be saying this.
People who pass on purchasing SBLs now for monetary reasons would pass on SBLs later if the team really did go on an amazing run and the SBL values appreciated, instead of depreciating as they generally tend to do. Without somebody who can afford to take this asset off your hands, it's definitely not a good decision investment-wise. Entertainment-wise, it's great to have seats at the New Stadium!

Originally posted by Chaoslord209:

This
I don't see the sbl as an investment just the opportunity to buy season tickets. i would be shocked to have the license actually appreciate.
Originally posted by stepnez:
I don't see the sbl as an investment just the opportunity to buy season tickets. i would be shocked to have the license actually appreciate.

Same here.

I have a meeting with the 49ers on Thursday to discuss. Would be interested to talk to some Cowboy fans to see if they have seen any appreciation in their PSLs since the stadium opened.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Same here.

I have a meeting with the 49ers on Thursday to discuss. Would be interested to talk to some Cowboy fans to see if they have seen any appreciation in their PSLs since the stadium opened.

actually there can only be depreciation right?

in ten to 15 years our new stadium will start to get behind the times again
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Same here.

actually there can only be depreciation right?

in ten to 15 years our new stadium will start to get behind the times again

Great question. This is stuff I am going to ask the 49ers on Thursday.
So you are alluding to the 49ers not making it back to the NFC championships again any time soon?

Same here.

Is your Thursday meeting re: your opportunity to upgrade to $20k seats?
[ Edited by cwilson830 on Apr 23, 2012 at 5:14 PM ]
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Same here.

Is your Thursday meeting re: your opportunity to upgrade to $20k seats?

Lol. I have another great opportunity. NASA space suit required, though. I'll throw it in for free. Low low price of $20,000.
Anyway...
a few of my co-workers just sold their NYG psl's at a substantial loss after they just won the super bowl. you can actually find many websites selling them at discounts. if you think your psl is going to appreciate, you are nuts. they all thought they were going to at least hold their value.
[ Edited by alburns on Apr 23, 2012 at 7:36 PM ]
I definitely don't buy season tickets as some form of an investment. And if I decide to go in on sbl/psl I won't look at thst as an investment either. I love going to games/tailgating with buddies. If you are looking to flip it in a few years you are doing it wrong, all wrong
Share 49ersWebzone