There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Not much room for any rookie to crack top 46 gameday players(CSNBayArea Article)

Either we trade for more pics next year or we move up to grab an impact player for this season. It will be very tought for any rook to crack the team other than a safety.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by Genius1310:
Originally posted by susweel:
Me personally I would not draft a TE that high when we already have VD and DW.

Walkers gone next year, unless he resigns cheap to play ST and #3 TE, which would be a dream come true.

Walker is an easy re-sign, we don't need to go out and add a 1st round TE, I've brought this up, what would it say to Vernon to draft a 1st round TE? I honestly hope Fleener is gone by 30, I can see Houston at 26 taking him. I would much rather draft a WR or OL like Konz if he falls to us.

WR is a bigger need because Moss is on a one year deal, manningham is two year deal and crabtree don't really one be a Niner.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by Genius1310:
Me personally I would not draft a TE that high when we already have VD and DW.

Walkers gone next year, unless he resigns cheap to play ST and #3 TE, which would be a dream come true.

Walker is an easy re-sign, we don't need to go out and add a 1st round TE, I've brought this up, what would it say to Vernon to draft a 1st round TE? I honestly hope Fleener is gone by 30, I can see Houston at 26 taking him. I would much rather draft a WR or OL like Konz if he falls to us.

WR is a bigger need because Moss is on a one year deal, manningham is two year deal and crabtree don't really one be a Niner.

exactly.
next year Tyler Eifert comes out whos a better prospect than fleener
  • mike
  • Veteran

Says who? Back when he was drafted he took a lot of heat from Niners fans for saying he wanted to be a Cowboy(it didn't help that he also held out for more money that offseason). But those rookie days are long gone. Last year he made some good strides, maybe not too big of a jump statistically, but he really bought into Harbaugh's system and was solid in the blocking game. He's more of a team player than he was in the singletary days.

Obviously neither of us can get into his head but I would think going 13-3 had to help him take pride in being a Niner. Next he just needs to finally make a training camp and develop some chemistry with Alex.
This is exactly why I want to trade many picks in this draft for better picks next year. Too bad Al Davis isn't around anymore! LMAO!!!
[ Edited by Olejohnnyboy on Apr 20, 2012 at 9:48 PM ]
he didnt mention colin jones
Originally posted by DUB9IROCZ:
he didnt mention colin jones

he has him under special teams along with Cartwright.
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Looking at the top 46, I think our biggest needs are on defense.

1. Safety. Goldson franchised, Whitner getting up there in age, and Spillman is a ST ace. Not much depth for '12 or beyond.

2. Corner. Not big on Brock at all. T. Brown and Culliver are good, but another quality young corner to go with Rodgers would be nice.

3. D-Line. RJF, Tukuafu, Dobbs, and I. Williams are nice, but they are all late round or UDFA's and a nice impact lineman can improve our defense.

4. OLB. Aldon & Ahmed are set, but I could see another pass rusher draftfed to challenge Haralson.

Just my humble opinion.

Whitner is going into his 7th season. That's not "up there" for a safety. The rules of pro-football running backs don't apply to all positions. Also, what does what round the other defensive linemen were drafted in have to do anything? Ricky Jean Francois in parfticular is a solid contributor. These needs are defense you are speaking of are more like "just in case" type of picks (injuries, etc), rather than the picks people want on offense (WR, G, and yes even TE), where we KNOW if anyone is drafted at those positions they will most likely get significant playing time, regarldless if there are injuries to other players.
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
and why is that? jacobs is only guarranted 140k.......dixon always looks good in preseason...he looked good last year, hunter played great however....i don't see jacobs playing great, especially playing behind our second string unit......if jacobs just plays good, then i don't think that would be enough for him to get a roster spot, unless he plays better than dixon on special teams.......to which i don't even think he has sp teams experience

Dixon looked good last year? Honestly my ideal situation is that we draft a runningback and end up cutting both Dixon and Jacobs
This
Originally posted by WINiner:
This

we can do that next year when much better RB are coming out

no need in wasting a pick on a RB
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
No Kyle Williams!

Yeah, I don't see why an imcoming rookie can't compete with Williams for that last reciever spot.

The article is talking about the 46 players that suit up on gameday. Williams probably won't be one of those 46, so what is the rookie gonna compete with him for?