Josh Johnson or Colin Kaepernick?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Josh Johnson or Colin Kaepernick?

Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I say CK. Just because he has a bad ass cannon and was a high draft pick.

so was jim drunkinmiller.

Gio Carmazzi ........

jamarcuss russel

Aaron Rodgers....oh, wait that doesn't work. You guys are trying to clump him with bust.

Rodgers wasn't considered to have a cannon of an arm out of college. "Above average" were the words the draft experts used back then. The best hype at the time was "one of the best arms in the draft." Guess what? There were only two guys considered blue-chips in that draft: Smith and Rodgers. "One of the best arms" wasn't saying much.
[ Edited by fastforward on Aug 8, 2012 at 12:27 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
They should keep Johnson as third string this year and next year he can be a backup to Kaep after they cut Alex..

What does a Seahawks fan know about quarterbacks?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
They should keep Johnson as third string this year and next year he can be a backup to Kaep after they cut Alex..

hey we just got TO he better than Moss.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Scott Tolzien.

Based on the one game that I saw him play last year (against us), dude has some serious upside. He's the kind of kid that could sit for a year or two more and then have a breakout career. He's like the back up, back up plan.
  • fly15
  • Veteran

hey we just got TO he better than Moss.

and Flynn
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Scott Tolzien.

Based on the one game that I saw him play last year (against us), dude has some serious upside. He's the kind of kid that could sit for a year or two more and then have a breakout career. He's like the back up, back up plan.

Hopefully he's like Romo with out all the 50 shades of Ghey, ie: choking.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Scott Tolzien.

Hopefully he's like Romo with out all the 50 shades of Ghey, ie: choking.

eh...he is more like my new Tim Rattay

and yall thought i was a Kaep fanboy.

but seriously, they need to give him #13.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
All the talking heads on chronicle live picked JJ to be the back up over CK. Personally I'd be kinda shocked if that happened.
All the talking heads on chronicle live picked JJ to be the back up over CK. Personally I'd be kinda shocked if that happened.

they're all full on retard, johnson will get cut
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i understand why they did bring him in. we had some real untested kids in that spot last year so i am sure they wanted to bring in a vet for some competition. It sounds like and i hope that the two kids have progressed so well, the team feels good about them and can cut johnson loose

cc, I have thot all along that Tolz would stay. What i don't know whether he is above or below Kap. Kap gets bigger $$ probably, but Tolz last yr looked like a starter had alex gone down. I hope Kap has improved a ton over last yr, when he actually looked like a bad pick...and these guys don't make bad picks...usually.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
cc, I have thot all along that Tolz would stay. What i don't know whether he is above or below Kap. Kap gets bigger $$ probably, but Tolz last yr looked like a starter had alex gone down. I hope Kap has improved a ton over last yr, when he actually looked like a bad pick...and these guys don't make bad picks...usually.
agree. i am pretty sure those two are much better than they were at this time last year and in a month after some games they will be better than what they are now. The question will it be good enough for the coaches to have confidence to enter the season with the same setup we had last year at back up quarterback
Tolzein.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

hope you're right

All teams (do they?) have to defend draft picks and investment. JJ no investment. CK 2nd round pick of the Baalke/Harbaugh era. If they made this move, that would signal 100% chance CK will not ever be the starter. Too early to even think that.

I am alone in thinking CK will see much playing time. Coaches winning don't change a thing. When they lose they change too much.
And I suspect we will see more losses. Also, Smith doesn't play well with high expectations (see early years:"Trying to play like I'm the first pick of the draft"), last year they were low for him, this year they are so much higher.
Share 49ersWebzone