There are 159 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Purdy: How the San Francisco 49ers became Santa Clara's team

Good read on how we went from Candlestick Park to Great America for a stadium.

I thought this was awesome:

Sitting down in living rooms and community centers, they answered questions about the team's plans. When one Santa Clara homeowner said he was a Dallas Cowboys' fan and would never vote for a 49ers stadium, Jed took out his cellphone and called Cowboys' owner Jerry Jones, who spoke to the homeowner and lobbied for a "yes" vote.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mark-purdy/ci_20426567/purdy-how-san-francisco-49ers-became-santa-claras
Originally posted by skaw23:

Sitting down in living rooms and community centers, they answered questions about the team's plans. When one Santa Clara homeowner said he was a Dallas Cowboys' fan and would never vote for a 49ers stadium, Jed took out his cellphone and called Cowboys' owner Jerry Jones, who spoke to the homeowner and lobbied for a "yes" vote.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mark-purdy/ci_20426567/purdy-how-san-francisco-49ers-became-santa-claras

Awesome, thanks for sharing. Love the picture at the bottom of the article. Also, I read that about Jed before. Wonder how many of those people who ripped him a few years back have turned into fans of his? He's got a lot of his uncle Eddie in him. This organization has done a complete 180 since the early 2000s.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Awesome, thanks for sharing. Love the picture at the bottom of the article. Also, I read that about Jed before. Wonder how many of those people who ripped him a few years back have turned into fans of his? He's got a lot of his uncle Eddie in him. This organization has done a complete 180 since the early 2000s.

thank you for being smart enough to not say complete 360 like i see oh so often.

I never ripped Jed, but his parents on the other hand...

Glad Jed was given the keys to the team.
Cool
Originally posted by 49erRider:

I am glad also.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

There were a ton of people that did though. To be fair he struggled early on... I mean he was like 27 when he took over and needed to learn and grow. He's really coming into his own now. He got the right staff/gm in place... he is staying out of the way in the football area... he's got a great front office and bringing in Gideon Yu as a partner, president who can help with technology in the new stadium (the guy was a major player in yahoo, facebook and youtube... he's big time).... he got the right people on his side for the stadium and let them help him. He's a fan just like us... we went from his dad locking up Gatorade because he thought that's how you run a team to Jed giving away tickets for no reason on twitter. Dr. York has gotten out of the way, rights the checks and they haven't been tight in 5 or so years. Jed wants to finish what Eddie started... he is the right person for the job and he has surrounded himself with people that will make our organization successful for decades to come.