LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

Why should we not get Saints 2nd round pick or any pick from them?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
If we lossed a pick and swapped one with Chicago during the whole "Lance Brigg Tampering Allegations" then why not here? There is proof from the bounty that is way worse than tampering. Just a thought I am not expecting or crying about it but it makes a good argument IMO. I agree they are getting punished enough accordingly but if your just going to take a pick from them why not give it to us doe?

Not happening, it is not about losing a player to another. You can't apply assult charges to someone who robbed someone. Apples and oranges. Different rules.
NC, you're a good dude, but this is never happening.
Originally posted by fryet:
Other good answers, but it should be noted that the Saints also did not injure any 49er when we played in them in the playoffs. So the 49ers did not suffer as a result of their inappropriate behavior.

What about Ted Ginn Jr? I thought he was injured vs the Saints, am I right? If you really think about it that is the reason why Kyle Williams was returning kick offs and in theory why we lost the NFC championship. Honestly I must have missed his injury because it isn't fresh in my mind and I can't say for sure if it was dirty but it seems like he would be a guy they would have targeted and he was knocked out of the game and lost for the rest of the season.
I am not trying to make an argument to get these picks guys. At the time to me they were worth a discussion though. I just wanted to hear peoples thoughts on the process. I just thought it fell into the same category as tampering but someone on here helped me show clearly it does not. I stand corrected and not ashamed to say it.
Gregg Williams can spout whatever bulls*** he wants; if the Saints players don't act upon it then there's no evidence that the Saints were playing outside of the rules.

I didn't see any cheap shots by the Saints. There was that one play where someone was twisting Gore's feet when he was on the ground but that happens every week.
Originally posted by SmileyJetson:
Gregg Williams can spout whatever bulls*** he wants; if the Saints players don't act upon it then there's no evidence that the Saints were playing outside of the rules.

I didn't see any cheap shots by the Saints. There was that one play where someone was twisting Gore's feet when he was on the ground but that happens every week.

Emails and paper trails beg to differ. Just because a bounty might not have been collected doesn't make it right.
In spite of the carnivorous words of Williams, the 9ers beat the Saints down. We beat their ass plain and simple.
Originally posted by sspiker:
This is a ridiculous idea.

This is 3 steps beyond ridiculous.
Originally posted by kingairta:
Emails and paper trails beg to differ. Just because a bounty might not have been collected doesn't make it right.
I still don't see the part where the Saints should OWE the Niners a draft pick. Did they play outside of the rules or not? I saw no evidence whatsoever.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
NC, you're a good dude, but this is never happening.

I agree we should get at least a 4th round pick .....we lost a pick for having contact with Briggs, and we didnt have any intent to harm the Bears physically, so the Saints should lose a pick for hatching this flagrant scheme to hurt our players ....The Vikings should also get a pick , they got f*cked over and lost a shot at the superbowl because of their bounty system and malicious hits that were obviously aimed at ending career's , especially Favre's ...I'm just saying it would be fair if the Saints first four picks were given away to the teams targeted...the 49ers especially, even though we beat their asses in the playoffs
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Apr 11, 2012 at 7:57 AM ]

Share 49ersWebzone