LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

Why should we not get Saints 2nd round pick or any pick from them?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If we lossed a pick and swapped one with Chicago during the whole "Lance Brigg Tampering Allegations" then why not here? There is proof from the bounty that is way worse than tampering. Just a thought I am not expecting or crying about it but it makes a good argument IMO. I agree they are getting punished enough accordingly but if your just going to take a pick from them why not give it to us doe?
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
If we lossed a pick and swapped one with Chicago during the whole "Lance Brigg Tampering Allegations" then why not here? There is proof from the bounty that is way worse than tampering. Just a thought I am not expecting or crying about it but it makes a good argument IMO. I agree they are getting punished enough accordingly but if your just going to take a pick from them why not give it to us doe?

We werent the only team targeted.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Does not matter we are the only one that there is audio proof.

They have proof of them targeting Rodgers, Warner and Favre too. Are the Saitns gonna give up their picks to them too?

this

They have proof of them targeting Rodgers, Warner and Favre too. Are the Saitns gonna give up their picks to them too?

I think they should be rewarded to yes. There is no audio evidence that I am aware of. I am just making a point if you read my original post. This is not a b***h session. Like I said in my first sentence if the Bears could accuse us of Tampering then why could we not accuse the Saints of the bounty (by being one of the first teams to act on being compensated for it)?

I think they should be rewarded to yes. There is no audio evidence that I am aware of. I am just making a point if you read my original post. This is not a b***h session. Like I said in my first sentence if the Bears could accuse us of Tampering then why could we not accuse the Saints of the bounty (by being one of the first teams to act on being compensated for it)?
Just because nothing has been leaked doesnt mean there isnt evidence, the league wouldnt have handled out its punishment on the Saints if they didnt have any evidence to prove what they were being accused of.
This is a ridiculous idea.

Just because nothing has been leaked doesnt mean there isnt evidence, the league wouldnt have handled out its punishment on the Saints if they didnt have any evidence to prove what they were being accused of.

Dude seriously? I never said there is not any evidence against the Saints and other teams. I said audio proof. I am sure the NFL knows alot more about it and probably will never release more than what we know against the other teams. Like I said those teams should be rewarded as well (hell I think if any team should get the 2nd rounder it should be Minnesota). I will take a 7th round pick for it. It is the whole if one team can get something from us for tampering then why cant we get something out of what we just witnessed yesterday.

Dude seriously? I never said there is not any evidence against the Saints and other teams. I said audio proof. I am sure the NFL knows alot more about it and probably will never release more than what we know against the other teams. Like I said those teams should be rewarded as well (hell I think if any team should get the 2nd rounder it should be Minnesota). I will take a 7th round pick for it. It is the whole if one team can get something from us for tampering then why cant we get something out of what we just witnessed yesterday.
Dude, if it makes you feel better we are drafting in their spot in the 2nd round, thats as close as you are gonna get to getting a pick from them.

Because it's two completely different things. The tampering issue affects free agency and has potential salary cap ramifications, and there are well-defined rules on that. The bounty issue is different, but would be more similar to an illegal foul. When a player is fined $50,000 for a late hit, that money doesn't go to the player that got hit or to the team he plays for.

What I do think is being missed here though, is the salary cap ramifications of the bounty. Technically, every individual bounty that was paid out was a violation of the salary cap. So in theory, the Saints should be forfeiting 25-30 draft picks for these violations.

Dude, if it makes you feel better we are drafting in their spot in the 2nd round, thats as close as you are gonna get to getting a pick from them.

haha I am just saying why not push for a case is all I am trying to say. If teams can accuse other teams of allegations and get over on them like Chicago did us then I dont see why we couldnt do it. Hell there is nothing to loose and you could gain a pick. Bounty on players > Tampering players... I again am not whining about it. I rather take our playoff victory over them last season than any pick.
Originally posted by RDB4216:

Because it's two completely different things. The tampering issue affects free agency and has potential salary cap ramifications, and there are well-defined rules on that. The bounty issue is different, but would be more similar to an illegal foul. When a player is fined $50,000 for a late hit, that money doesn't go to the player that got hit or to the team he plays for.

What I do think is being missed here though, is the salary cap ramifications of the bounty. Technically, every individual bounty that was paid out was a violation of the salary cap. So in theory, the Saints should be forfeiting 25-30 draft picks for these violations.

Thats a good point I did not think of it like that.
Originally posted by RDB4216:

I like the sound of that.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Other good answers, but it should be noted that the Saints also did not injure any 49er when we played in them in the playoffs. So the 49ers did not suffer as a result of their inappropriate behavior.
Share 49ersWebzone