Which is the better hit?

Which is the better hit?

Whitner.

Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Whitner, for its significance.

This

Yeah but does that really answer the question though? Obviously if significance plays a role, ANY hit in the playoffs would be the better hit.

I just think you gotta judge the hit for what they are, not the significance. I vote for Willis' hit.

Pierre Thomas was out before he even hit the ground. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Not only did he claim PTs soul he took the fight right out of the saints for most of that game
Whitner. That fool murdered Thomas
Nevermind I change my vote to WIllis

Smith caught the ball and was like yeah buddy caught a pass from Brett Favre woooooooooo blasasjskfhkdhaff;fasfdsajfh then blacks out, wakes up and was like pfftt gotta get up like it didnt hurt starts walking then boom realizes he is dying
Originally posted by valrod33:

Smith caught the ball and was like yeah buddy caught a pass from Brett Favre woooooooooo blasasjskfhkdhaff;fasfdsajfh then blacks out, wakes up and was like pfftt gotta get up like it didnt hurt starts walking then boom realizes he is dying

Excellent break down of the hit bro!
Its Whitner by far. Thomas is bigger than Whitner and it wasn't even close on who got the worse of it. Willis hit Smith after Smith was being dragged down from behind which lowers the overall value of the hit for me to below the Whitner hit. Goldsons hit on Williams was very impressive since Williams is not a small WR, but Williams popped back up no worse for wear.
Originally posted by valrod33:

This made me laugh so hard I snorted pepsi through my nose brother! Got damn that was funny

By the way Whitners hit was most brutal. P Willis's guy was already being pulled backward by the DB before P Willis arrived. Pierre Thomas got knocked the f*ck out! Who's eye's were How Big on THAT Hit Greg Williams? Yeah you liked that hit didn't you? Momma said knock you out!

I'e got a digital copy of this game. Tonight, nice bag of popcorn, cold beer start the game from opening kick off
[ Edited by colostarr on Apr 6, 2012 at 7:21 AM ]
I liked Goldson's hit just because of how much effort it took to lower the body and deliver a perfectly legal hit that viscous. Not arguing the legality of the other hits just pointing out the effort and skill it took for Goldson to hit that guy in the chest.
Sorry to go full nerd here, but the Whitner hit is by far the most impressive from a physics perspective. Goldson might have been the larger man (at least the same size), he saw the hit coming, and he had far greater momentum leading in to the collision. He should be expected to win that. Willis was significantly larger than Smith, and he met him at a perpendicular angle (while Smith was being slowed. Willis had an established base, and anticipation of the impact, so he should have won that matchup. Whitner was smaller, faceing an opponent who saw the impact coming and ran directly into the collision with equal velocity, granting thomas greater overall momentum. To not only win that collision, but to dominate the impact by instantly halting Thomas' forward momentum, is an impressive and uncommon outcome for an impact set up like that. Whitner is a beast. It's true; it's science. The "I just screwed your girl and sh*t in your bed" walkoff just makes it better.
Whitner
Originally posted by sfout:
Whitner, the walk-off made that hit epic.
All great hits, but Thomas loses the ball on Whitner's hit, it's near the goal line, and yeah the best part is Whitner walking away like "it's all in a day's work!"
where is the all of the above option
Sad post really. The media and the NFL has kinda glorified players hurting players but they act like they should care. In a way its kinda sickening. I say this because I'm a coach and a few years back my defense targeted our opponents FB to neutralize their 1000 yd back. Our strategy was to stand him up and fill the HB's holes as he was a North-South runner. The result was the young man went to the ER the following morning because he was urinating blood. Initially I bragged about what my players had done but reflection I was upset with myself for feeling satisfied with even unintentionally hurting the player. Afterall he was someone's son. I thought about how I would feel if it was my son?

I appreciate a great defense and I enjoy the hits because it is part of the game that cannot be removed. Football is a very violent game and that is why many of us appreciate it. Like the Roman gladiators of old, we enjoy watching our players inflict punishment. But, do you really want to relish in the fact that the other player was hurt on the play?
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Sad post really. The media and the NFL has kinda glorified players hurting players but they act like they should care. In a way its kinda sickening. I say this because I'm a coach and a few years back my defense targeted our opponents FB to neutralize their 1000 yd back. Our strategy was to stand him up and fill the HB's holes as he was a North-South runner. The result was the young man went to the ER the following morning because he was urinating blood. Initially I bragged about what my players had done but reflection I was upset with myself for feeling satisfied with even unintentionally hurting the player. Afterall he was someone's son. I thought about how I would feel if it was my son?

I appreciate a great defense and I enjoy the hits because it is part of the game that cannot be removed. Football is a very violent game and that is why many of us appreciate it. Like the Roman gladiators of old, we enjoy watching our players inflict punishment. But, do you really want to relish in the fact that the other player was hurt on the play?

nobody wants to see anyone hurt but the fact of the matter is that it still did happen and it was a clean hit. i think we can praise whitner for destroying pierre, it wasnt a dirty hit. i bet pierre though whitner woulda been the one knocked out and he probably woulda got a little money out of it as well from greggy poo and peyton
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
I liked Goldson's hit just because of how much effort it took to lower the body and deliver a perfectly legal hit that viscous. Not arguing the legality of the other hits just pointing out the effort and skill it took for Goldson to hit that guy in the chest.

He timed it perfect.