LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Prediction on which Niners will appear & where on NFLN's upcoming Top 100 Players

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think we are all going to be disappointed when this list come out. Just think of guys who will make it on name or career stats like Ray Lewis. I probably can name at least ten Linebackers that should make it before him if we just are talking about last year (two of which play for the 9ers three if you consider Aldon a LB)
[ Edited by LB49ers on Apr 8, 2012 at 11:02 AM ]
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Justin Smith should be in the top 5. No joke. He is the best football player in the NFL who isn't a QB.

We'll see how many 49ers make the list this year now that the team is good. Last year, players got snubbed. This year, players might get in just because the team was good, snubbing other players around the league.

This is a player who I would love to know how people who played against him voted vs those that didn't. I'm sure those that did would agree he is top 5.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
If its based on the previous season then Willis, J.Smith, Gore, Bowman, Rogers, Goldson, Akers, and maybe Aldon even though he got f**ked over in the ROY

I don't know that he got f**ked over.... Cam Newton honestly deserved the honor more. I have to admit it even through my biased love for the 49ers. When a rookie QB comes in and passes for 4k he can't be denied rookie of the year. He basically ripped Peyton Mannings records to s**t. If Aldon was a rookie any other year he would have been a lock for the award.

Not saying Aldon wasn't amazing and I have him as an easy #2 but Cam earned that s**t.
Originally posted by BayArea:
I don't know that he got f**ked over.... Cam Newton honestly deserved the honor more. I have to admit it even through my biased love for the 49ers. When a rookie QB comes in and passes for 4k he can't be denied rookie of the year. He basically ripped Peyton Mannings records to s**t. If Aldon was a rookie any other year he would have been a lock for the award.

Not saying Aldon wasn't amazing and I have him as an easy #2 but Cam earned that s**t.

he lost it to von miller....

and i actually agree that von miller won it more than aldon
  • BROWN
  • Veteran
Justin Smith should be in the top 10, with Patrick Willis.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Justin Smith is a better player than PW so he should be our highest rated player.

Justin Smith was a legit MVP type player last year, and has been fantastic ever since coming to SF, and (has been) very underrated by the football media but Patrick Willis has been our best player ever since his rookie year.

Justin Smith has been our best player for the last 2 years.
Chilo Rachel, #1
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I think Alex should be in there after last year.

THIS

lol i love the headbob
The list was BS last time, it will be BS this time
j.smith,p.willis,m.iupatti,v. davis,j.staley and maybe n.bowman

Originally posted by stepnez:
j.smith,p.willis,m.iupatti,v. davis,j.staley and maybe n.bowman

Alex! Alex! Alex! Alex! Alex! Alex! Alex!
NFL network is doing a preview of the show....Im thrilled to report that Bowman is on it!!!! They did a quick segment with him. Funny because part of it was Schwartz talking about how good of a year he is having before the Detroit game..lol

Gotta figure...Willis, Bowman and Smith.

They did a quick thing on the rookies this year too and Aldon was there. Dont think he'll make the list, but it looks like they'll do a rookie segment ( Miller, Cam, Von, Aldon, AJ. Dalton )
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
NFL network is doing a preview of the show....Im thrilled to report that Bowman is on it!!!! They did a quick segment with him. Funny because part of it was Schwartz talking about how good of a year he is having before the Detroit game..lol

Gotta figure...Willis, Bowman and Smith.

They did a quick thing on the rookies this year too and Aldon was there. Dont think he'll make the list, but it looks like they'll do a rookie segment ( Miller, Cam, Von, Aldon, AJ. Dalton )

LOL, before the Detroit game? lmao Schwartz, really? So he was good until the Detroit game, thats why he was an all-pro 1st team.

But good to see he is on the list. And yeah Willis, Bowman and Justin Smith should be on for sure, then Gore on offense. Might be hard to get a PK and P on their.

Others maybe, Iupati, Staley, I want Aldon on their especially if Dalton, Von Miller and Cam are their. More sacks than Von, and just as effective to this team as those others were to their team.

Edit: Forgot Vernon, he better be on.
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Apr 18, 2012 at 6:02 PM ]
Gore barely made it last year, he was in the high 90's I think, so I'm not sure he makes it this year.

Locks:
Willis
J. Smith
Rogers
Bowman
Vernon

Maybe:
Iupati
Gore
Staley
I think last year when they did it they based it mostly off of the previous year. If they do that again, this is how I think it will be,

Locks:
Willis
Justin Smith
NoVorro Bowman
Vernon Davis
Frank Gore
Joe Staley
Alex Smith

Maybe:
Carlos Rogers
Aldon Smith
Dashon Goldson
Donte Whitner

I dont remember if they had punters or kickers on it last year but if they do Lee and Akers could be on it.

I dont think people realize how big last year was for this team just to boost popularity. A lot of our players will win popularity votes now.
Share 49ersWebzone