LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Nike's uniform unveiling is Tuesday

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bors:
what was that ol eddie quote(bring ass to get ass r sumthin).that should be ours.
it would be cool if there were alternate gloves as well.maybe instead of ou logo in the palm,have them form the goldengate or sumthin

we'd never hear the end of it from the rest of the country..... (the SF stereotypes, etc)
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I'm just happy that the new (natural-looking) Nike fabrics have lowered the saturation of our pants by 10% (compared to that Reebok Teflon-stitched garbage), and will lower the density of moisture staining, which made our pants look almost mustard/pale-green under HD television cameras (similar to what Steelers fans have also complained of the past 4 years with Reebok regarding their pants).

Reebok was trash (their sideline hats were trash, their modern jerseys were trash), this was a long-time coming.

Yep, I mentioned how putting designs aside how much Nike has improved the jersey/pants and how Reebok and Adidas? before them did little to change it. Also, weren't you the one to say how the cheapest (100.00) jerseys will be silicone instead of screen and printed on and how much better it is. Is the silicone softer and more flexible?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
does every teams jersey have a saying inside the collar?

So far only ones I have seen are the Panthers but 9erempire mentioned how Seattle's will be 12 (for 12th man) but haven't seen any pictures yet. I thought every team was going to have a slogan though. Either they haven't picked them yet or they have the option not to.
I'm just happy that the new (natural-looking) Nike fabrics have lowered the saturation of our pants by 10% (compared to that Reebok Teflon-stitched garbage), and will lower the density of moisture staining, which made our pants look almost mustard/pale-green under HD television cameras (similar to what Steelers fans have also complained of the past 4 years with Reebok regarding their pants).

Reebok was trash (their sideline hats were trash, their modern jerseys were trash), this was a long-time coming.

Unfortunately I believe it will still look like crap when it gets saturated. From this picture it still looks like the pants will be that ugly mustard.

[ Edited by 9erempire on Apr 4, 2012 at 2:21 AM ]
  • bors
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by bors:
what was that ol eddie quote(bring ass to get ass r sumthin).that should be ours.
it would be cool if there were alternate gloves as well.maybe instead of ou logo in the palm,have them form the goldengate or sumthin

we'd never hear the end of it from the rest of the country..... (the SF stereotypes, etc)
rest of the country=derp a derk adoo der gays in san frisco doe darp a derp.
we would never here the end of it. what was actual quote though
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
does every teams jersey have a saying inside the collar?

So far only ones I have seen are the Panthers but 9erempire mentioned how Seattle's will be 12 (for 12th man) but haven't seen any pictures yet. I thought every team was going to have a slogan though. Either they haven't picked them yet or they have the option not to.

9ers is semper fidelis I believe.

edit: I would've liked "who's got it better than us? NOBODY!" Better though. That is really our slogan. I'm not sure what Semper Fi has to do with the 49ers, other than it has an S and an F.
[ Edited by WillistheWall on Apr 4, 2012 at 12:13 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Yep, I mentioned how putting designs aside how much Nike has improved the jersey/pants and how Reebok and Adidas? before them did little to change it. Also, weren't you the one to say how the cheapest (100.00) jerseys will be silicone instead of screen and printed on and how much better it is. Is the silicone softer and more flexible?

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,san_francisco_49ers

Yeah, it's pretty unique, isn't it!?

Silicon-polymer based fabric bonding stretches with the fabric (without damaging/stretching the silicon or the jersey fabric in the process), Nike also uses it on their soccer jerseys. -It's almost like having thin little pieces of flexible/durable rubber molded into the fabric (which will withstand a s**t ton more of machine washing/dry-cleaning compared to easily-fading screen-printed numbers).
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Apr 4, 2012 at 12:11 AM ]
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,san_francisco_49ers

Yeah, it's pretty unique, isn't it!?

Silicon-polymer based fabric bonding stretches with the fabric (without damaging/stretching the silicon or the jersey fabric in the process), Nike also uses it on their soccer jerseys. -It's almost like having thin little pieces of flexible/durable rubber molded into the fabric (which will withstand a s**t ton more of machine washing/dry-cleaning compared to easily-fading screen-printed numbers).

Thanks for the info.
I mentioned early a lot of fans are like there are no changes... what's the difference and nobody besides Seattle wanted new unis so Nike wasn't going to change any team that didn't want it changed. Like someone said it's up to the teams not Nike. So anyways, yeah the designs are pretty much the same but most of the change is for the players. I mentioned the list before but will do it again if anyone didn't see it...

1. they are water resistant... will stay dryer during rain/snow games and should hold up better against sweat.
2. they are 27% lighter but are stronger at the same time
3. They are cooler because they have mesh in key areas of the jersey and on the side of the pants where the stripes are
4. They flywire collar keeps the collar tight preventing the shoulder pad from coming out if after being tackled
5. They have built in padding in the pants around the hip area... good idea since most players don't wear those side hip protectors.

So that's a lot of change... Reebok and Adidas before them have made little effort and have made few to no changes in the uniform in the past 10-15 years or whatever it is

Here are a few videos where I got that info from.
http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Equipped-Nike-Jersey-Unveil/81ef4c6c-ee74-4386-b649-20c87e5e918d
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Nike-Uniform-Launch/575fb9eb-1e0a-40d0-a11e-85d1c22a0e86
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 4, 2012 at 12:24 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erempire:

Unfortunately I believe it will still look like crap when it gets saturated. From this picture it still looks like the pants will be that ugly mustard.

Gonna have to wait until preseason to truly gauge how it will look; but sometimes I almost feel it's a 'lighting' mirage, cause I remember back in the day during 240 progressive scan days there'd be times (back when the pants were full khaki) where you'd see a 'mustard' shade in appearance.

'89 Pats @ 49ers (at Stanford)

'90 Giants @ 49ers (MNF)
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Apr 4, 2012 at 1:04 AM ]
^ top game is vs the patriots doe

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
^ top game is vs the patriots doe

Oops meant to post a cap from the '89 Bucs game in week 2, mislabeled the screen cap before upload, fix'd it.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Apr 4, 2012 at 1:05 AM ]
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
There are a lot out there, but the prices have risen. Here's the link, bro:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1311&_nkw=vintage+49ers+jacket&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Aye I've never used ebay can you message people and try to buy their stuff in person? I found a jacket and the dude lives in the same city so I'm not trying to pay for shipping or anything.

It's kind of a case-by-case type of deal. Some sellers are willing, but I also know a few sellers that are skeptical of getting robbed.

It's always worth a shot to ask -- Let em' know you're willing to meet at the sellers convenience in the day-time at a place of his/her choice.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Yeah, what's up with the sweat on those pants?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 4, 2012 at 1:52 AM ]

I wonder if the belt is tight enough for VD, with all his problems and all lol
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Real is for people who like to support the already-rich owners by giving them $250 for a jersey that costs $9 to make.

Real is for people wanting to support the team and pay for the players to play for the team we root for.

Fake is for fake fans. They will root for another team and don't feel bad for spending money on a fake jersey because they can root for another team and buy another team's jersey to pretend to be a fan.

I am invested emotionally and financially for the 49ers.

Sorry, because I don't feel it's right to pay knockoffs. These people are ripping people off. What if you made a product and I made a fake, that's essentially ripping you off.

I'm not promoting buying fake jerseys, I'm promoting not paying $250 for a jersey. Personally, I'll be sitting at home or at a bar, rooting for the 49ers... without wearing any of the NFL's overpriced "gear". You do what you want to, to me it's an obvious scam.
Share 49ersWebzone