There are 265 users in the forums

Nike's uniform unveiling is Tuesday

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Much ado about nothing. Should have never changed them in the first place. I liked them the way they were back in the '70's. Why would an adult wear a jersey with some other guys name on it? I wouldn't. Especially for that ridiculous price. It's a free country, for now. Unless Obama gets reelected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vypGPc2LVFo
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by 9erempire:
I don't mind the Game version because it looks more like a workout shirt. I don't mind wearing a more fitted jersey unlike the stereotypical baggy oversize football jersey.

What I don't like are the stripes on the sleeve. It would look horrible. They should have left that on the Elite game worn versions and let us fans have a decent stripe.

Yeah, sounds like these jerseys are going to be tighter fitting. Agreed, they didn't fix the stripe though. Below is how I think it should look. If they are going to do elastic sleeves than it is tougher to get the 3 stripes on there but maybe move them up. Edit: doesn't look like enough room to. At least they should do that on the fan's jerseys if you aren't going to put elastic sleeves on them.

Do all the jersyes say SEMPER FIDELIS on the collar, if so thats BAD ASS we have the USMC's motto on there!
Originally posted by NinerSquire:
Do all the jersyes say SEMPER FIDELIS on the collar, if so thats BAD ASS we have the USMC's motto on there!

"FOREVER FAITHFUL"

i see what they did there
It's fake. They will not say that stupid slogan. I respect those that have served but that crap is stupid because we don't want to mix politics with football. The military is part of the government and let's not get political with the uniforms.
Originally posted by NinerSquire:

I think that is fake (photoshopped) but it does mean 'always faithful'. I was just looking for a pic with the elastic sleeves and that's the 1st one I found. Not sure our slogan has been announced yet. Only one I seen was Keep Pounding for the Panthers in honor of the late Sam Mills who would say that when taking about his fight with cancer.

Here is what we have so far...

the away jersey looks awesome, bright and the color it should be... a lot of nike's pics where darker so everything looked darker. Kind of like how in 09 when they came out the jersey they showed before it came out for sale was totally different than the one the team wears.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 3, 2012 at 11:20 PM ]
I think that is fake (photoshopped) but it does mean 'forever faithful'. I was just looking for a pic with the elastic sleeves and that's the 1st one I found. Not sure our slogan has been announced yet. Only one I seen was Keep Pounding for the Panthers in honor of the late Sam Mills who would say that when taking about his fight with canceer.

Seahawks will have a number "12" as their slogan.

I wonder if this is for the players or every jersey sold that year will have a slogan. This is Nike's way of getting people to buy an authentic every year.
The Panthers collar says "Keep Pounding" lulz
It's fake. They will not say that stupid slogan. I respect those that have served but that crap is stupid because we don't want to mix politics with football. The military is part of the government and let's not get political with the uniforms.

it only becomes politicized when one choses to make it political ^ exhibit A

anyways...my personal preference (if a Latin motto must be used) is: "DEFENSORES FIDELIUM" = "DEFENDERS OF THE FAITHFUL" (fyi we are "the faithful")
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
The Panthers collar says "Keep Pounding" lulz

I thought it was out there until I seen the story on it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/03/new-panthers-jerseys-pay-tribute-to-sam-mills/

It was a phrase used by the late Sam Mills, a Panthers linebacker and assistant coach who died of cancer in 2005. Per Fowler, Mills gave a stirring pre-game speech the night before a 2003 playoff win over the Cowboys.

"When I found out I had cancer, there were two things I could do — quit or keep pounding," Mills said. "I'm a fighter. I kept pounding. You're fighters, too. Keep pounding."

Years after Mills' passing, it's great that he's still remembered. And it's incredible that the team saw fit to do so by including the "KEEP POUNDING" message inside every jersey that every member of the team will wear.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 3, 2012 at 11:21 PM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

anyways...my personal preference (if a Latin motto must be used) is: "DEFENSORES FIDELIUM" = "DEFENDERS OF THE FAITHFUL" (fyi we are "the faithful")

Knowing Harbaugh's personality he won't have any of that on the jerseys.

It may just say Blue Collar...lol

• Wodwo
  • Veteran

Knowing Harbaugh? Lulz.

New motto inside 49ers jersey collar:

"Knuckle in the a*****e"

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

enough of the jersey is devoted to the team, city, players, Nike and the NFL doe.....a small pittance of acknowledgement to we fans would be nice for all the $$$$ we give

but yeah, JH will probably have nothing on the collar (heck he did away with the captains' patches)
  • bors
  • Veteran
I think that is fake (photoshopped) but it does mean 'forever faithful'. I was just looking for a pic with the elastic sleeves and that's the 1st one I found. Not sure our slogan has been announced yet. Only one I seen was Keep Pounding for the Panthers in honor of the late Sam Mills who would say that when taking about his fight with canceer.

Seahawks will have a number "12" as their slogan.

I wonder if this is for the players or every jersey sold that year will have a slogan. This is Nike's way of getting people to buy an authentic every year.

what was that ol eddie quote(bring ass to get ass r sumthin).that should be ours.
it would be cool if there were alternate gloves as well.maybe instead of ou logo in the palm,have them form the goldengate or sumthin
I'm just happy that the new (natural-looking) Nike fabrics have lowered the saturation of our pants by 10% (compared to that Reebok Teflon-stitched garbage), and will lower the density of moisture staining, which made our pants look almost mustard/pale-green under HD television cameras (similar to what Steelers fans have also complained of the past 4 years with Reebok regarding their pants).

Reebok was trash (their sideline hats were trash, their modern jerseys were trash), this was a long-time coming.
does every teams jersey have a saying inside the collar?
Share 49ersWebzone