Nike's uniform unveiling is Tuesday

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 9erempire:
Originally posted by susweel:
Billionaire owners love fans like you.

yep.

why do you think smaller market teams cant afford to sign the big free agents?

I, and most fans, who buy authentics are the reasons why you get to root for a talented team.

The fans allow this to happen.

Actually the revenue sharing of the tv contracts is the reason why.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
What's with all the crazy cleat colors doe? don't that have to be predominantly black or white?

Players will have the option, just like they always have, to wear the cleats that they want.

That's not correct whatsoever.

LINK

http://www.uniformviolation.com/RulesRegs/RulesRegs-NFL-Shoes.php

"The league's uniform policy stipulates that a team must declare itself a "black shoe" team or "white shoe" team prior to the season."

Da fuq you trynna do Nike
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
http://www.uniformviolation.com/RulesRegs/RulesRegs-NFL-Shoes.php

"The league's uniform policy stipulates that a team must declare itself a "black shoe" team or "white shoe" team prior to the season."

Da fuq you trynna do Nike

A lot of players still wear colored cleats so I am assuming they just get a small uniform fine like 5,000. I believe Crabtree (and probably others) have worn black and white in a season.

Here is this: 10,000 fine for gold cleats. Most players will wear what they want and if they get a 5-10k fine it's no big deal.
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/49ers_wr_michael_crabtree_fined_10000_for_wearing_gold_cleats/8920423

Edit: Maybe it's ok if you wear your team's choice (white or black) and it has color on the shoe or the sole but as long as the black or white is the main color? So since we are black shoe team it's ok for crabtree or anyone else to have the black shoe with a red sole or a bit of red on the cleat. That's my guess.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 3, 2012 at 8:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Maybe it's ok if you wear your team's choice (white or black) and it has color on the shoe or the sole but as long as the black or white is the main color? So since we are black shoe team it's ok for crabtree or anyone else to have the black shoe with a red sole or a bit of red on the cleat. That's my guess.

I believe that's the case. The shoe can contain an accenting team color, but must mostly be the designated shoe color for the team.

And IIRC, Crabtree's fine got bigger every time he violated the policy. I think that's why you don't see guys go for a whole season with whatever they want. Just occasionally.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Maybe it's ok if you wear your team's choice (white or black) and it has color on the shoe or the sole but as long as the black or white is the main color? So since we are black shoe team it's ok for crabtree or anyone else to have the black shoe with a red sole or a bit of red on the cleat. That's my guess.

I believe that's the case. The shoe can contain an accenting team color, but must mostly be the designated shoe color for the team.

And IIRC, Crabtree's fine got bigger every time he violated the policy. I think that's why you don't see guys go for a whole season with whatever they want. Just occasionally.

primetime games should be exempt from this dumb rule IMO
Also, if you guys remember Williams, Ginn and Crabtree all got fined 10k for wearing white socks instead of red ones against the Ravens on Thanksgiving. Like Stoney said most guys will do it occasionally, especially the prime time games but won't break the rule every week.

As much as I think they are too strict on the rule do we really want every player wearing a different colored sock? It would look bad on TV. You would have some with hot pink, black, red, white, you would get Dixon with plaid or Scooby Doo ones... etc. A team should be somewhat uniform...

Edit: I believe you also get fined if you don't make an effort to pull up your socks if they fall down.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM ]
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Much ado about nothing. Should have never changed them in the first place. I liked them the way they were back in the '70's. Why would an adult wear a jersey with some other guys name on it? I wouldn't. Especially for that ridiculous price. It's a free country, for now. Unless Obama gets reelected.

All of this...

this lol this

edit: btw not a huge fan of these jerseys, they sound like they're better for performance though. But the look is kinda meh IMO. Still would've preferred to get the 94 jerseys back but oh well. I don't hate em but I don't like em that much either, but if they're high quality I might end up buying one around Christmas or something.
[ Edited by WillistheWall on Apr 3, 2012 at 8:51 PM ]
Also, if you guys remember Williams, Ginn and Crabtree all got fined 10k for wearing white socks instead of red ones against the Ravens on Thanksgiving. Like Stoney said most guys will do it occasionally, especially the prime time games but won't break the rule every week.

i fully expect down the line for Nike to convince the NFL to allow primetime SNF and MNF games (as well as Season Kickoff and Thanksgiving) to become showcases for Nike's "Pro Combat" alternates/experiments where the league will allow players for both teams in those games free-reign.....
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
i fully expect down the line for Nike to convince the NFL to allow primetime SNF and MNF games (as well as Season Kickoff and Thanksgiving) to become showcases for Nike's "Pro Combat" alternates/experiments where the league will allow players for both teams in those games free-reign.....

I would agree... edit: well maybe not pro combat but other designs. Maybe just test them out for like you said special games. Side note: I think they did ok with the Seattle Away uniforms... the home is too busy. Not sure what that flower looking thing is all over the place. They do some really good things with college jerseys but sometimes they get too carried away. As for others nobody requested a change but they did do some minor things. I think the players will like them better because like I mentioned they way up'd Reebok with the technology. Water resistant, mesh meaning they are cooler, they are 27% lighter, the flywire collar so players don't have their shoulder pads sticking out after tackles, the padding around the hip area and players are saying they are more comfortable... they did a good job in that area
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 3, 2012 at 9:15 PM ]
If we miss the playoffs I'm putting full blame on the jersey switch.

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
If we miss the playoffs I'm putting full blame on the jersey switch.

that's what i did in 1995....we went back to gold pants (after the 1994 throwbacks with white pants), then lost ricky, deion and the swagger....then lost to the fudgepack blamed it all on the unis

i was a kid doe lol
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Apr 3, 2012 at 9:09 PM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

LOL, didn't like 40% of the roster purposely draw up that violation during the Thanksgiving game against the Ravens? -Remember Maiocco b***hing about that (most of our offense was rocking the white shoes).
Does anyone know if the game worn jerseys will have stitched numbers or no?

It seems it will be decked out with a new silicon number but the Seahawks are stitched.
[ Edited by 9erempire on Apr 3, 2012 at 9:31 PM ]

It seems it will be decked out with a new silicon number but the Seahawks are stitched.
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,san_francisco_49ers

on the nike site the 1st one is probably printed on (they are calling it game jersey) edit: actually they are silicon which according to another poster is much better than printed/screened on

the 2nd one (limited jersey, 35.00 more) says highly flexible twill numbers (I think that means sewn on)

the 3rd one (elite they are calling it, basically authentic) are sewn on but all the details are there compared to the cheaper ones. Probably exactly what they give to players on game day.

As for the ones players wear they are sewn on numbers/letters. someone said they haven't used screen/printed on numbers/letters since the early 90s. I'm assuming nike has worked on the numbers so they are more flexible. I think with the old authentics the numbers were stiff. You can see in the picture they are sewn on but I bet they are more flexible than the past numbers/letters.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 3, 2012 at 9:46 PM ]

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,san_francisco_49ers

on the nike site the 1st one is probably printed on (they are calling it game jersey)

the 2nd one (limited jersey, 35.00 more) says highly flexible twill numbers (I think that means sewn on)

the 3rd one (elite they are calling it, basically authentic) are sewn on but all the details are there compared to the cheaper ones. Probably exactly what they give to players on game day.

As for the ones players wear they are sewn on numbers/letters. someone said they haven't used screen/printed on numbers/letters since the early 90s. I'm assuming nike has worked on the numbers so they are more flexible. I think with the old authentics the numbers were stiff.

The elite jersey looks sick. The game day one looks sort of budget to me.
Share 49ersWebzone