LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Possibilities of SF hosting Super Bowl L in 2016??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Saw a article bout the Commish wanting a big "to do" for the 50th Super Bowl.Also heard John Clayton speak on it earlier today on ESPN Radio.

If im not mistakin,our new digs are supposed to be finished the '14 season,am I correct on this???

And if this is correct,when is the voting held to see who gets to host????how many years in advance is the voting held???

Also,is there a city that won the right to host BEFORE their new building was finished??

Would love to be the Host for Super Bowl L(50),or any for that matter,anybody have any answers on how the process goes,or any feelings or opinions on this?????
I hope it's held at Santa Clara Stadium or Candlestick Park (lol)
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I hope it's held at Santa Clara Stadium or Candlestick Park (lol)

If it was gon b the stick,we wouldve held one a few times already,lol.
I believe Reliant Stadium (Houston) was picked to host a superbowl before it was open.
Within a few years of the new stadium being completed, the Super Bowl will be held there. Why would anyone think otherwise? Seriously.
Not enough seats at candle stick. And no I dont want our stadium to be hosting the SB. The hosting city has never had their team in the SB. I dont want to make it any harder then necessary for our beloved team to play in the SB.
Originally posted by kingairta:
Not enough seats at candle stick. And no I dont want our stadium to be hosting the SB. The hosting city has never had their team in the SB. I dont want to make it any harder then necessary for our beloved team to play in the SB.

In 84 the 49ers beat the Dolphins at Stanford Stadium which can be considered them to be hosted. But... it wasn't at Candlestick so it wasn't their home turf... just close to it.
Originally posted by Youngb:

In 84 the 49ers beat the Dolphins at Stanford Stadium which can be considered them to be hosted. But... it wasn't at Candlestick so it wasn't their home turf... just close to it.

Also one year when The LA Rams were in the superbowl it was held at the Rose Bowl.
50th Super Bowl = Golden Anniversary = should be held @ the home stadium of the team known for gold

no, jerry jones you can't have it again....the super bowl in dallas SUCKED!
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Youngb:

Also one year when The LA Rams were in the superbowl it was held at the Rose Bowl.

and they lossed, so they're invalid...S.O.S.A.R's!

Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Saw a article bout the Commish wanting a big "to do" for the 50th Super Bowl.Also heard John Clayton speak on it earlier today on ESPN Radio.

If im not mistakin,our new digs are supposed to be finished the '14 season,am I correct on this???

And if this is correct,when is the voting held to see who gets to host????how many years in advance is the voting held???

Also,is there a city that won the right to host BEFORE their new building was finished??

Would love to be the Host for Super Bowl L(50),or any for that matter,anybody have any answers on how the process goes,or any feelings or opinions on this?????
The league will decide on the site of the 2016 SB either late this year or early next year.

The 49ers new stadium is definitely a viable option, and should garner a great deal of interest from the league.

The other major player will likely be Jerry Jones and the Cowboys (uggh).
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I believe Reliant Stadium (Houston) was picked to host a superbowl before it was open.

we were too, the raiders vs bucs superbowl in san diego was supposed to be in sf
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:

The league will decide on the site of the 2016 SB either late this year or early next year.

The 49ers new stadium is definitely a viable option, and should garner a great deal of interest from the league.

The other major player will likely be Jerry Jones and the Cowboys (uggh).

heard it might be this May (or May 2013) can't remember, NFL spokesperson on the NBC article says May '13...
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/28/nfl-plans-spectacular-super-bowl-l/

this article breaks down the site-by-site advantages (santa clara has a "good" shot)
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-02-13/super-bowl-l-site-by-site-look-at-2016-possibilities
lmfao, new orleans (again?!) HELL NO!!
look at the stupidities written by this obvious agent for jerry jones and the dallas cowboys:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1068092-nfl-santa-clara-could-bring-rainy-day-for-super-bowl-l-in-2016

yet it will be perfectly fine in dallas (where it snowed in 2011) and NJ (where it will snow) ! whoever wrote this fluff should be righteously murdered

Share 49ersWebzone