There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Solution to our Right Guard Problem: Move Anthony Davis to Guard and Sign/Draft a Tackle?

• Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Terrible idea.

Davis has improved leaps and bounds over the last two years. I expect him to continue that this year and be dominant at RT.

DIIIIIITTOOOOO!
i just saw that we are working out lutui
Terrible idea.

Davis has improved leaps and bounds over the last two years. I expect him to continue that this year and be dominant at RT.

agreed, keep him at RT
  • titan
  • Veteran
Do you think you can get a Rookie Tackle on this draft @ #30 pick that will be better than Davis?
Solution to our Right Guard Problem: Keep Anthony Davis at RT and Sign/Draft a Guard.
These are so stupid! a young offensive tackle that showed great strides at his position last year.... Lets move him and start all over again!!

just move willis to RT
Terrible idea.

this
Evidently people at walterfootball.com read this thread;

61. San Francisco 49ers: Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss The 49ers lost right guard Adam Snyder to free agency, so they'll have to bring in a replacement. This can come in the form of a new right tackle to move Anthony Davis over to the vacated position.

Straight garbage.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Evidently people at walterfootball.com read this thread;

61. San Francisco 49ers: Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss The 49ers lost right guard Adam Snyder to free agency, so they'll have to bring in a replacement. This can come in the form of a new right tackle to move Anthony Davis over to the vacated position.

Straight garbage.

LOVE this, however, I would give Alex Boone the edge for RT.

Joe Staley ---- Mike Iupati ----- Jon Goodwin ----- Anthony Davis ---- Alex Boone
--- Mike Person --- rookie ------------------- Daniel Kilgore ----------------- Bobbie Massie
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pomoj:
This is a horrible idea.

Davis has been playing great at RT

THIS
Originally posted by titan:
Do you think you can get a Rookie Tackle on this draft @ #30 pick that will be better than Davis?

Yes, Jonathan Martin is dropping and may be there at #30.
NO ...Moving a talented RT who is still improving and has an upside, is a bad idea ...Davis could possibly make the pro bowl at RT this year ..he is a solid fixture at tackle now, we still have options to fix RG , moving Davis should not be one of them
Where's the Guard....

The only position they haven't addressed since the loss of Synder. Maybe one in the draft, but I really don't want an inexperience guy playing the position when this team seems to be ready to do much more on offense.
Lmfao