There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Solution to our Right Guard Problem: Move Anthony Davis to Guard and Sign/Draft a Tackle?

  • bors
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,898
spoon
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Well, I didn't know everyone thought Anthony Davis was so awesome.

Looks like your the only hater in this thread. You created a thread of haterism.

By the way........ Tackles are harder to find than guards. I wouldn't want a GM that moved up in the first round to select a tackle and then that tackle became a guard. That would be considered a bust pick.

nickbradley you are really reaching on some of these threads that you seem to always have to start.
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
You guys just have the complete inability to understand the OP!


Yeah, nobody here has the ability to understand WR or OL.

But just ask nickbradley. He'll know for sure!
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Davis is a singletary pick and was a reach even for right tackle. All I'm saying is that if a guy like Martin falls to #30, maybe Davis should move to G.

Davis was a Trent Baalke pick. 49ers moved up in the first round to get him. This is going to be his third year. Last time I checked RG was the problem not RT.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Davis is a singletary pick and was a reach even for right tackle. All I'm saying is that if a guy like Martin falls to #30, maybe Davis should move to G.

If Martin is better than Davis, why would he fall to 30? Davis and Martin are the same age except this is Davis' third year. You really want another rookie tackle and Davis pretty much as a rookie Guard? Come on guy!
Originally posted by Howlett49:
If Martin is better than Davis, why would he fall to 30? Davis and Martin are the same age except this is Davis' third year. You really want another rookie tackle and Davis pretty much as a rookie Guard? Come on guy!

yeah there's no way martin falls to 30.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
You guys just have the complete inability to understand the OP!


Thank you. It wasn't a knock on AD specifically. It was exploring the idea of moving him to Guard and putting a tackle in his place to make the OL better overall.

LOL
you're funny!
just start kilgore
The OP seems to think it would be hard to replace Snyder/Rachal without a significant drop off. If you guys don't remember, those were our two worst offensive linemen by a pretty wide margin.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Mar 27, 2012 at 2:00 PM ]
From AZCENTRAL.COM:

Everyone loves Deuce Lutui, but understanding him takes considerably more effort.

Lutui is quick with a quip, and the Cardinals guard plays football with an odd blend of nastiness and humor. He imitates pro wrestlers in the locker room, and occasionally on the field.

Two years ago, he (allegedly) enticed Chicago Bears tackle Tommie Harris to punch him just a minute into the game. Lutui was on the ground, appearing as defenseless as a 340-pound man can be, and receiver Larry Fitzgerald ran over.

Fitzgerald stood over Lutui, concerned, until Lutui peeked through his fingers and asked if Harris was still around.

Funny stuff.

What Lutui is going through now, however, is not so humorous. For the second consecutive year, Lutui has cost himself millions by failing to control his weight.

It's the main reason the Cardinals didn't sign him to a multiyear deal last year. It's the reason the Bengals cut him this week after agreeing to terms on a two-year, $8 million deal.

So Lutui, who is from Mesa, returned home to the team that drafted him, signing a one-year deal worth far less than the $5 million he would have made this year in Cincinnati.

A lesson learned, Lutui said.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2011/08/04/20110804arizona-cardinals-deuce-lutui.html#ixzz1qM0sYQoE
This guy is it!!!

He reportedly weighed 396 when he signed the tender and had to lose a considerable amount of weight to play.Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2011/08/04/20110804arizona-cardinals-deuce-lutui.html#ixzz1qM1C2GXl

Sign Lutui and we have a road grader your years to come.
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
From AZCENTRAL.COM:

Everyone loves Deuce Lutui, but understanding him takes considerably more effort.

Lutui is quick with a quip, and the Cardinals guard plays football with an odd blend of nastiness and humor. He imitates pro wrestlers in the locker room, and occasionally on the field.

Two years ago, he (allegedly) enticed Chicago Bears tackle Tommie Harris to punch him just a minute into the game. Lutui was on the ground, appearing as defenseless as a 340-pound man can be, and receiver Larry Fitzgerald ran over.

Fitzgerald stood over Lutui, concerned, until Lutui peeked through his fingers and asked if Harris was still around.

Funny stuff.

What Lutui is going through now, however, is not so humorous. For the second consecutive year, Lutui has cost himself millions by failing to control his weight.

It's the main reason the Cardinals didn't sign him to a multiyear deal last year. It's the reason the Bengals cut him this week after agreeing to terms on a two-year, $8 million deal.

So Lutui, who is from Mesa, returned home to the team that drafted him, signing a one-year deal worth far less than the $5 million he would have made this year in Cincinnati.

A lesson learned, Lutui said.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2011/08/04/20110804arizona-cardinals-deuce-lutui.html#ixzz1qM0sYQoE

So........... what is your opinion on Lutui? You like that the 49ers are looking at him? I just don't understand why you put a Lutui article with no opinion of your own.
Tackles are harder to come by than Guards....
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
This guy is it!!!

He reportedly weighed 396 when he signed the tender and had to lose a considerable amount of weight to play.Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2011/08/04/20110804arizona-cardinals-deuce-lutui.html#ixzz1qM1C2GXl

Sign Lutui and we have a road grader your years to come.

Nevermind. Nice follow up post. But I disagree. 49ers need a big athletic guard that can pull. Not fat ass Lutui.
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
From AZCENTRAL.COM:

Everyone loves Deuce Lutui, but understanding him takes considerably more effort.

Lutui is quick with a quip, and the Cardinals guard plays football with an odd blend of nastiness and humor. He imitates pro wrestlers in the locker room, and occasionally on the field.

Two years ago, he (allegedly) enticed Chicago Bears tackle Tommie Harris to punch him just a minute into the game. Lutui was on the ground, appearing as defenseless as a 340-pound man can be, and receiver Larry Fitzgerald ran over.

Fitzgerald stood over Lutui, concerned, until Lutui peeked through his fingers and asked if Harris was still around.

Funny stuff.

What Lutui is going through now, however, is not so humorous. For the second consecutive year, Lutui has cost himself millions by failing to control his weight.

It's the main reason the Cardinals didn't sign him to a multiyear deal last year. It's the reason the Bengals cut him this week after agreeing to terms on a two-year, $8 million deal.

So Lutui, who is from Mesa, returned home to the team that drafted him, signing a one-year deal worth far less than the $5 million he would have made this year in Cincinnati.

A lesson learned, Lutui said.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2011/08/04/20110804arizona-cardinals-deuce-lutui.html#ixzz1qM0sYQoE

So........... what is your opinion on Lutui? You like that the 49ers are looking at him? I just don't understand why you put a Lutui article with no opinion of your own.

You missed my point if you did not laugh!