There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

4 QBs on roster,will one be traded?

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by sfout:
figured this thread makes the most sense for this article.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/03/25/SP6M1NPSC6.DTL

Quote:
Naturally, Theder, like a proud father, is a bit biased when it comes to his guys.

Which one, Johnson or Kaepernick, will win the battle to be the Niners' backup? Theder thinks both are capable of beating out Alex Smith for the starting job.

"I think both of them could, yes," Theder said. "I think they're both very talented - much more talented than Alex. I'm an Alex Smith fan. I just think Colin and Josh are both very, very talented kids."


What would Theder know about these quarterbacks?

He's only tutored, mentored, and taught both kids how to play quarterback since high school. He gives the nod to Kaepernick for work ethic, so obviously that means he will be traded at first opportunity. Quarterbacks with a high work ethic, intelligence, and talent are always hot commodities on the trade block.

Since Kaepernick wasn't able to take the starting job from Smith after five weeks of NFL practice, I think that proves he has fallen out of favor with the coaches and is most definitely not the quarterback of the future, despite what so-called "quarterback guru's" have to say.
Can't beat out a seven year veteran after five weeks of practice? It's time to move on folks.


That's it in a nutshell.

Hey, there are veteran posters on the WZ who have stated categorically that he isn't ready. So who needs training camp 2012 to prove otherwise? We already know.

Also, who cares that his roommate (B. Miller?) said that he showed remarkable progress through the 2011 season . . . to the point where he went from a player with great athletic skills playing at the QB position, to a QB who happened to also have great athelitic skills (hope I paraphrased the message he was trying to get across)? CK in camp is only going to take snaps away from the other guys. What a waste.
Let's move on!

Neither of you have seen much of JJ or have seen CK in a regular season game. So instead of posting like this, how about doing what most people are suggesting, wait until camp and the pre-seasons?


Because numerous posters have stated numerous times that CK should be traded. That is what necessitated a response.
why the hell would anyone trade for tolzien when he will be cut, just like he was cut last year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,608
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Because numerous posters have stated numerous times that CK should be traded. That is what necessitated a response.
i think the idea of trading him is silly, you would not get much and it makes no sense to give up so soon on a guy who you worked hard and gave some stuff up to get.he gets a longer leash than most and since we have a good starter and a more than respectable back up in johnson, we can afford to do that
tolzien will go to the practice squad obviously
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,245
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by sfout:
figured this thread makes the most sense for this article.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/03/25/SP6M1NPSC6.DTL

Quote:
Naturally, Theder, like a proud father, is a bit biased when it comes to his guys.

Which one, Johnson or Kaepernick, will win the battle to be the Niners' backup? Theder thinks both are capable of beating out Alex Smith for the starting job.

"I think both of them could, yes," Theder said. "I think they're both very talented - much more talented than Alex. I'm an Alex Smith fan. I just think Colin and Josh are both very, very talented kids."


What would Theder know about these quarterbacks?

He's only tutored, mentored, and taught both kids how to play quarterback since high school. He gives the nod to Kaepernick for work ethic, so obviously that means he will be traded at first opportunity. Quarterbacks with a high work ethic, intelligence, and talent are always hot commodities on the trade block.

Since Kaepernick wasn't able to take the starting job from Smith after five weeks of NFL practice, I think that proves he has fallen out of favor with the coaches and is most definitely not the quarterback of the future, despite what so-called "quarterback guru's" have to say.
Can't beat out a seven year veteran after five weeks of practice? It's time to move on folks.


That's it in a nutshell.

Hey, there are veteran posters on the WZ who have stated categorically that he isn't ready. So who needs training camp 2012 to prove otherwise? We already know.

Also, who cares that his roommate (B. Miller?) said that he showed remarkable progress through the 2011 season . . . to the point where he went from a player with great athletic skills playing at the QB position, to a QB who happened to also have great athelitic skills (hope I paraphrased the message he was trying to get across)? CK in camp is only going to take snaps away from the other guys. What a waste.
Let's move on!

Neither of you have seen much of JJ or have seen CK in a regular season game. So instead of posting like this, how about doing what most people are suggesting, wait until camp and the pre-seasons?


Because numerous posters have stated numerous times that CK should be traded. That is what necessitated a response.

I'm really confused by everyones' responses to the article I posted. I was just pointing out that there is actually someone who has extensively worked with both QBs and thought it would be interesting to read his opinion on them. He expressly said that in all likelihood either of them could beat out Alex Smith for the starting QB job, meaning that within 1-3 years we could end up with Alex not being a 9er and Kaepernick and Johnson vying for the starting job.

I never stated an opinion on either QB and as far as I could tell there was never a suggestion in the article about either of them being traded so I'm kind of looking like this after reading everyones' responses. To my understanding you guys are talking about things from previous pages but I am just excited that this is the strongest our QB group has looked in years and its only getting better.

who the hell would trade for 2 unproven QB's and one just signed FA....none have proven s**t
Originally posted by jreff22:
who the hell would trade for 2 unproven QB's and one just signed FA....none have proven s**t

This.

This is seriously the dumbest thread. NONE of our QBs would get more than a 5th-6th round pick.
WTF!!
I wonder where the mods are about now....
HCSTG...........Time for you to go
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by English:
Neither of you have seen much of JJ or have seen CK in a regular season game. So instead of posting like this, how about doing what most people are suggesting, wait until camp and the pre-seasons?
I am one of the veteran posters that has fallen into the category of knowing for sure (i can not spell categorically) that ck is not ready. You are right i have no crystal ball, only my 1969 Ouija board,(which my sister got to work all by herself!)I look forward to camps and preseason which will tell all but you gotta know ck is better now as compared to a year ago at this time and he will be better 7 months from now

Exactly. Who would honestly think that just because we have one more quarterback than what most teams have on the roster come game time would require us to release or trade on immediately?

WTF?!?!?!?!

This is what minicamp and preseason games are for. By adding a 4th gives the 9ers competition for all 3 spots on the roster. Now someone please tell me, what is wrong with that. Why has this thread reached 6 pages without someone stating the obvious?
We moved up to get Kap. Obviously someone else wanted him, so we moved up. The only rationale for signing JJ is that whoever was a Kap fan 2 drafts back, would still like him. I still think only reason we got JJ is because there is an offer to move up in draft if we give up Kap. That is only thing i can think of that makes sense. Really, does it seem reasonable, when one guy has a lock on QB and there are two backups, to sign another back up? It has to be someone who really wants Kap and would change places with us in draft for him in trade. Drafting a 4th qB to see which of your two backups is best doesn't seem reasonable. There has to be something else, and that something is a draft order exchg.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,930
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
We moved up to get Kap. Obviously someone else wanted him, so we moved up. The only rationale for signing JJ is that whoever was a Kap fan 2 drafts back, would still like him. I still think only reason we got JJ is because there is an offer to move up in draft if we give up Kap. That is only thing i can think of that makes sense. Really, does it seem reasonable, when one guy has a lock on QB and there are two backups, to sign another back up? It has to be someone who really wants Kap and would change places with us in draft for him in trade. Drafting a 4th qB to see which of your two backups is best doesn't seem reasonable. There has to be something else, and that something is a draft order exchg.

Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by sfout:
figured this thread makes the most sense for this article.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/03/25/SP6M1NPSC6.DTL

Quote:
Naturally, Theder, like a proud father, is a bit biased when it comes to his guys.

Which one, Johnson or Kaepernick, will win the battle to be the Niners' backup? Theder thinks both are capable of beating out Alex Smith for the starting job.

"I think both of them could, yes," Theder said. "I think they're both very talented - much more talented than Alex. I'm an Alex Smith fan. I just think Colin and Josh are both very, very talented kids."


What would Theder know about these quarterbacks?

He's only tutored, mentored, and taught both kids how to play quarterback since high school. He gives the nod to Kaepernick for work ethic, so obviously that means he will be traded at first opportunity. Quarterbacks with a high work ethic, intelligence, and talent are always hot commodities on the trade block.

Since Kaepernick wasn't able to take the starting job from Smith after five weeks of NFL practice, I think that proves he has fallen out of favor with the coaches and is most definitely not the quarterback of the future, despite what so-called "quarterback guru's" have to say.
Can't beat out a seven year veteran after five weeks of practice? It's time to move on folks.


That's it in a nutshell.

Hey, there are veteran posters on the WZ who have stated categorically that he isn't ready. So who needs training camp 2012 to prove otherwise? We already know.

Also, who cares that his roommate (B. Miller?) said that he showed remarkable progress through the 2011 season . . . to the point where he went from a player with great athletic skills playing at the QB position, to a QB who happened to also have great athelitic skills (hope I paraphrased the message he was trying to get across)? CK in camp is only going to take snaps away from the other guys. What a waste.
Let's move on!

Neither of you have seen much of JJ or have seen CK in a regular season game. So instead of posting like this, how about doing what most people are suggesting, wait until camp and the pre-seasons?


Because numerous posters have stated numerous times that CK should be traded. That is what necessitated a response.

I'm really confused by everyones' responses to the article I posted. I was just pointing out that there is actually someone who has extensively worked with both QBs and thought it would be interesting to read his opinion on them. He expressly said that in all likelihood either of them could beat out Alex Smith for the starting QB job, meaning that within 1-3 years we could end up with Alex not being a 9er and Kaepernick and Johnson vying for the starting job.

I never stated an opinion on either QB and as far as I could tell there was never a suggestion in the article about either of them being traded so I'm kind of looking like this after reading everyones' responses. To my understanding you guys are talking about things from previous pages but I am just excited that this is the strongest our QB group has looked in years and its only getting better.


I hope 49ers get the HARDKNOCKS ON HBO this season the QB competition is going to be INTENSE!!