There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

4 QBs on roster,will one be traded?

No coach doesn't plan to start a QB they traded up for unless it is a new coach who never drafted said player. Kaep is safe.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
u know scott tolzein is PS eligible right

thats where he will go

actually he's not PS eligible after being on the 49ers roster as the #3 QB all year last year.

responding to the original post, almost every single team goes to camp w/4 QBs. Smith is our starter, Kaepernick is still our future starter. Johnson was signed to strengthen the position and provide some TC competition that's it. Geez for a QB that hasn't played that well ppl around here are acting like adding JJ changes our entire plan. In reality, it changes nothing at all except probably our #3 QB.

Matt Barrows @mattbarrows He also has practice-squad eligibility.@charliedwells: 3. Tolzien is expendable.

What the hell is with this idea that we're going to trade Kaepernick, or that the coaches are disappointed in him?

Harbaalke MOVED UP to take this guy in the draft just last year. They're high enough on him that they didn't want to give AS a longterm deal because they still feel Kap is the future. Yet, with the signing of Johnson, suddenly Kaep is on the block.

SMH
Originally posted by matt49er:
actually he's not PS eligible after being on the 49ers roster as the #3 QB all year last year.

responding to the original post, almost every single team goes to camp w/4 QBs. Smith is our starter, Kaepernick is still our future starter. Johnson was signed to strengthen the position and provide some TC competition that's it. Geez for a QB that hasn't played that well ppl around here are acting like adding JJ changes our entire plan. In reality, it changes nothing at all except probably our #3 QB.
Rules of practice squad

Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster);

Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 45-man active roster for no more than 8 games;

If served two seasons on a practice squad, are eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment.

Did Tolzien meet any of that criteria, I didnt follow him closely last season since he never dressed up for a game?
As much as I like my boy from Sconnie, Tolzein, he'll probably be cut and wash up somewhere else. Green bay maybe now that they have a need. Seattle? Our QB position isn't Peyton Manning solid but its solid 1-3.
Originally posted by sanjose49erfan:
The 49ers liked Tolzien son much they rushed to sign him after being cut with the san Diego Chargers.If a team brings a good for Kaepernick ,he will be traded. hey flinn was a hot QB and look at the deal he got from the Seahawks and after playing 2 games! damn! who know ,it could happen


Flynn also broken some records within those two games, throwing for six touchdowns last season against the Lions. There was enough game film to base some kind of conclusion on him. It's not like somebody is going to call us up and say "So hows that Kaepernick kid looking?" then in our response " This kid will be the next Dan Marino, book it! He's yours for a second round pick." Even the dolphins aren't that stupid.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Mar 23, 2012 at 8:44 PM ]
No, JJ and CK will changed to receiver, Alex will become a professional caddy and The Lord King Tolzien will lead us to five super bowls.
Originally posted by susweel:
No, JJ and CK will changed to receiver, Alex will become a professional caddy and The Lord King Tolzien will lead us to five super bowls.
Tolzein Is the antichrist
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Originally posted by susweel:
No, JJ and CK will changed to receiver, Alex will become a professional caddy and The Lord King Tolzien will lead us to five super bowls.
Tolzein Is the antichrist

Tolzein is the architect.
Actaully the way Smiths contract looks to me it pretty much assures that he will be the starter for the next two years. We haven't seen a lot of CK but the coaches HAVE. They may very well have decided they don't want him anymore, they sure didn't show much confidence in him this offseason.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
u know scott tolzein is PS eligible right

thats where he will go

actually he's not PS eligible after being on the 49ers roster as the #3 QB all year last year.

responding to the original post, almost every single team goes to camp w/4 QBs. Smith is our starter, Kaepernick is still our future starter. Johnson was signed to strengthen the position and provide some TC competition that's it. Geez for a QB that hasn't played that well ppl around here are acting like adding JJ changes our entire plan. In reality, it changes nothing at all except probably our #3 QB.

Matt Barrows @mattbarrows He also has practice-squad eligibility.@charliedwells: 3. Tolzien is expendable.

Never mind.
[ Edited by longtime49erfan on Mar 23, 2012 at 9:40 PM ]
Originally posted by merm49:
What the hell is with this idea that we're going to trade Kaepernick, or that the coaches are disappointed in him?

Harbaalke MOVED UP to take this guy in the draft just last year. They're high enough on him that they didn't want to give AS a longterm deal because they still feel Kap is the future. Yet, with the signing of Johnson, suddenly Kaep is on the block.

SMH
I know. The ignorant folk here on the wz seem to think that if your drafted QB doesn't start immediately AND win every game, then he is trade bait It has become tiresome.

Wzers don't want to engage in intelligent discussion on football-related issues; either that or, depending on the individual, they are incapable of doing so. JH and TB did not move up in the draft last year only to get rid of their chosen player. Kaep is here for quite a while; they have a plan on bringing him along until he is ready and then moving him into the starter's role.

JJ is a great backup and JH really likes hm. ST is another player JH really likes. AS is the starter for this team. So have a little faith in JH's coaching abilities. You and I may not know what he is doing, but I believe he does, and that's enough for me.
[ Edited by longtime49erfan on Mar 23, 2012 at 9:42 PM ]
Nobody is going anywhere. It's a camp competition. If you need 3 you bring in 4 so even the last guy doesn't have a cakewalk. Are you new to football? Real question.
look for Alex to start with CK and JJ taking the 2nd and 3rd QB spot respectively....
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Actually the way Smiths contract looks to me it pretty much assures that he will be the starter for the next two years. We haven't seen a lot of CK but the coaches HAVE. They may very well have decided they don't want him anymore, they sure didn't show much confidence in him this off season.

If you mean last off season, there was no off season so Alex got all the preseason snaps. CK was not supposed to play much last season; he was supposed to learn. Why do you and people like you think that after one season behind the scenes, CK is no longer wanted? How absurd is that? JH has never given one hint that he lacks faith in CK!

CK will get a lot more attention this off season and preseason; however, so will JJ and ST.