There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Heard something interesting about Dr. York

Originally posted by susweel:
still cheap, lol

still a salary cap lol
I believe it too, and it's something I'd always suspected to be true. Dude didn't want to be an NFL owner, his wife just became one and hated the spotlight and made him do it.

Thank the Tebow that Jed was brought up to do this job, is a natural with the media and groomed for the job by the one and only Eddie D. I see good things.
This explains a lot. My brother met Dr. York a few times and said he was a real nice guy.

One thing I'm not clear about though, couldn't they just have given the team back to Eddie after the year suspension was up? I thought that's what fueled a decent amount of hatred, besides the decade or so of futility.
Put the blame where it belongs.

TDon.
York was one of the worst owners in the NFL the entire time he was actively involved with the team. Of course its not all his fault and I don't think anyone thought he was a bad person. Just a very bad owner.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
York was one of the worst owners in the NFL the entire time he was actively involved with the team. Of course its not all his fault and I don't think anyone thought he was a bad person. Just a very bad owner.

No, I completely disagree. He started off dismally but started to learn from his mistakes. On Bill Walsh's advice he brought in TDon which was a bit like letting the AntiChrist have the keys to the Vatican. But York learned and improved, which is about all anyone can do. But the fanhood, bitter about Eddie, refused to see any good.
Originally posted by susweel:
Dr York can go to hell. Because of him I had to watch a decade worth of crappy football.

but you still got to watch football
Originally posted by English:
Put the blame where it belongs.

TDon.

This.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by DirtyP:

No, I completely disagree. He started off dismally but started to learn from his mistakes. On Bill Walsh's advice he brought in TDon which was a bit like letting the AntiChrist have the keys to the Vatican. But York learned and improved, which is about all anyone can do. But the fanhood, bitter about Eddie, refused to see any good.

...and this.
now that I think about it... I've never ever seen Denise at a game...
I met him at the Niners draft party a few years ago, he shook my hand and thanked me for coming, seemed genuine...my friends were mad at me for not punching him...lol
Originally posted by modninerfan:
now that I think about it... I've never ever seen Denise at a game...

I saw her once on Monday night football in a suite. As soon as she saw that the camera was on her, she got up and moved so they couldn't see her.
I've always heard Dr. York was very giving when it came to charity.....so I can see where the generosity came from.

but yeah the description makes sense. I mean I'm sure anyone would wonder, why the hell would an owner give controls of a whole NFL franchise to his son? who was in his mid 20's at the time.

I can also see how that slime Mike Nolan suckered them with his power point presentations.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Mar 22, 2012 at 3:05 PM ]
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Having seen Jon unimposingly, almost nervously, walking across the main floor at the annual draft party a few times. A large scale party he's put on for free I might add, I was left with the same impression. Here is a guy that bothers to put a party together like that and then doesn't want the spotlight to make sure everyone knows he did it. The story you share rings true to me.
[ Edited by DJD on Mar 22, 2012 at 3:38 PM ]
Rare long post in Niner Talk that was worth reading. Thanks for that.