There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Any news on new Right Guard?

Originally posted by valrod33:
49erswebzone.com ‏ @49erswebzone
"@nfldraftscout: Geoff Schwartz will sign a 1 yr deal with Minnesota Vikings per agent." > Damn.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by valrod33:
49erswebzone.com ‏ @49erswebzone
"@nfldraftscout: Geoff Schwartz will sign a 1 yr deal with Minnesota Vikings per agent." > Damn.

Can't be serious... wow...
Baalkster must be really high on Kilgore to get out bid by the Vikes
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Baalkster must be really high on Kilgore to get out bid by the Vikes

or maybe he did not want to over pay for a guy who never played last year. maybe sign davis, they will draft somone and put them with the kilgore kid and we will be ok!
I was really high on Schwartz because of his age. Too bad, lets go get a dude in his 30s

RG #70 Kevin Zeitler
6'4" 314

2011: Started at right guard in all 14 games

First-team All-American by AFCA and Pro Football Weekly ... second-team All-American by Yahoo! Sports and Phil Steele ... honorable mention All-American from SI.com ... consensus first-team All-Big Ten... Academic All-Big Ten

Combine Results for OG's in the 2012 Draft

BENCH PRESS
#1 = David DeCastrro = 34
#2 = Kevin Keitler = 32

CONE
#1 = David DeCastro = 7.30
#5 = Kevin Zeitler = 7.77

SHUTTLE
#2 = David DeCastro = 4.56
#4 = Kevin Zeitler = 4.61

DeCastro and Zeitler were the only OGs to finish in the top 5 in all 3 events. He's a power run blocker who can pull and pass block. Seems like a perfect fit for us on the right side.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
.....Leonard Davis here we come.....
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:

RG #70 Kevin Zeitler
6'4" 314

First-team All-American by AFCA and Pro Football Weekly ... second-team All-American by Yahoo! Sports and Phil Steele ... honorable mention All-American from SI.com ... consensus first-team All-Big Ten... Academic All-Big Ten

BENCH PRESS
#2 = Kevin Keitler = 32

CONE

SHUTTLE

DeCastro and Zeitler were the only OGs to finish in the top 5 in all 3 events. He's a power run blocker who can pull and pass block. Seems like a perfect fit for us on the right side.

Zeitler is good. But we have to trade up in the 2nd to get him IMO. He won't be there at #62.
I love the way our front office has kept the roster so intact that right guard is, in my opinion, the only glaring hole. I think they are looking at the draft. I hear it runs deep on the OL and 30 is a great spot to pick up one of, if not the best guards in the draft. They got this sh*t.

Why the f**k would he chose the VIKINGS over us??? f**k!
What happened to Jake Scott? Hes a good lineman, and hes played every game since 05.
[ Edited by Jesu80ncleats on Mar 21, 2012 at 4:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
I love the way our front office has kept the roster so intact that right guard is, in my opinion, the only glaring hole. I think they are looking at the draft. I hear it runs deep on the OL and 30 is a great spot to pick up one of, if not the best guards in the draft. They got this sh*t.

Ah...... "KR / PR." Did you watch the NFC Championship game? Ginn is not currently signed.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

I think were looking at guards in the draft, also Wr.
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:

RG #70 Kevin Zeitler
6'4" 314

BENCH PRESS
#2 = Kevin Keitler = 32

CONE

SHUTTLE

Zeitler is good. But we have to trade up in the 2nd to get him IMO. He won't be there at #62.

Totally agree SD. I wouldnt draft him over Fleener at 30, but a little package to move up 20 spots or so in the 2nd would be worth it.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

because he'll likely start at LG there. He had to beat out Kilgore to start at RG here, not a given.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home