There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex's Numbers in the Offense 2012??

Alex's Numbers in the Offense 2012??

Get the man 1 more solid WR in the draft, Another big TE (Maybe Fleener), and play Hunter more and you will see his numbers in the 25td and 3500 yard range. We should sign Plax just for a 5th WR and he only plays in the redzone.
Originally posted by pd24:
Get the man 1 more solid WR in the draft, Another big TE (Maybe Fleener), and play Hunter more and you will see his numbers in the 25td and 3500 yard range. We should sign Plax just for a 5th WR and he only plays in the redzone.

we still dont have a #1 WR thats why i want mike wallace or hill (hopefullt floyd as well)
You guys are crazy throwing around these double digit INT number for Smith. This guy has shown when he gets the handle on his offense his INT number is very very low. I understand the more risk more TO thinking but he had shown me in critical situations he most likely does not turn the ball over.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
You guys are crazy throwing around these double digit INT number for Smith. This guy has shown when he gets the handle on his offense his INT number is very very low. I understand the more risk more TO thinking but he had shown me in critical situations he most likely does not turn the ball over.

i think we will be throwig a lot more than last year though

i see around 25to 30 TD and maybe around 8-12 int
The only stat that matters
I say slightly more production (Yards and TD's) over last year but also a few more INT's.
What about "Tolzien 5603 Yards, 53 TD 2 INT"
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
What about "Tolzien 5603 Yards, 53 TD 2 INT"

in 2 games
Alex Smith
15 TD 5 INT 2500 YARD

DEFENSE
16 TD 20 INT

go figure...
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
What about "Tolzien 5603 Yards, 53 TD 2 INT"

in 2 games

lol, as if Tolzien would throw any interceptions. smh.
Originally posted by jreff22:
24 TD's
10 INT's
3500 Yards

I put my money on this.
alex stat line for 2012

Yards 3700
TDs 26
INT 9
Rushing TDs 3
Wins 12
SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Im just excited to seem him in year 2 of the same offense with the same coaching staff. The book on him from his college coach is that he needs to know everything and he will be a great QB once he learns everything. This is the first time he is in year 2 of the same system, and this year we get OTA's and a full offseason.
2011:
  • 445 attempts
  • 61.3 %
  • 3144 yards
  • 17 Tds (3.8%)
  • 5 INTs (1.1%)
  • 7.1 YPA

2012:
  • 480 attempts
  • 63%
  • 3744 yards
  • 23 TDs (4.7%)
  • 10 INTS (2.1%)
  • 7.8 YPA



I think these are realistic improvements for Smith. I figured that we still won't throw the ball a crazy amount, but would throw more. I figured an average of 30 attempts per game seemed right, though that could go up, since its a marginal increase over last years average of around 28 passes per game. But I figured we'd still be a run-heavy team and I think if Gore is healthy most of the year, Hunter gets an expanded role, and we have a more effective 3rd back we could be even better running the ball next year. Completion % is something of a hopeful jump but not unrealistic assuming experience, familiarity, and improved receiver play.

YPA, TD%, and INT % i chose based on being numbers that would place Smith in the range of 6th to 12th in the league. That is, not "cream of the crop" but respectable second tier numbers.
If we can get 3700 yrds passing and 30+ TD passes out if him, then it's a BIG success , because we are still going to pound the rock this year, hopefully we draft a power RB for another dimension to our rushing attack.

Hopefully Alex gives Akers the opportunity to kick more extra points than FG's this year