LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Who will replace Frank Gore in the coming year??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by matt49er:
yeah no thank you. Not a fan of collecting RBs via FA or trade. We can draft one, and develop them. Gore and Hunter this year and next, then we worry about Gore's replacement.

Agreed, the draft is the best way to acquire RB's.
NOOOOBOOOODYYY
I'm hoping we can trade out of this year's first round for a first round next year so we can move up and get a stud RB next season.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
i say we get rid of Gire, like we're gonna do with Alexis and trade this year's #1 and next years #1 for...

who's available out there?
Al Bundy, the hero of Polk High!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

4 TDs in one game
From what Ive seen of Gore's Heart i would have to say Gore will replace. This man wont quit, this man wont say never. He is Frank "The Tank" Gore
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

4 TDs in one game

M V P
Another SundayTicket thread!?
Originally posted by kray28:
Sorry but Frank Gore did not have a "great year" last year. He had a bunch of unproductive games where handing off to him consistently put us into 3rd and longs that we couldn't convert.

Sorry but 125 yards in 5 games straight games in the midst of an 8 game win streak when our passing game is still learning is a huge year. Expecially considering he finished with over 1200 yards at 4.3 yards a carry and did well in the playoffs. Not many other running backs would be able to achieve what he did under the same circumstances. Every team can't have an Adrian Peterson. Our QB produced 17 touchdowns and we won 13 games while featuring an every down runner. Try looking up the word perspective.

To argue your point about a string of unproductive games, that is a part of being a running back. You aren't going to find running room every week.

Gore--- 6 Games under 60 yards rushing. This includes the Giants game, which he basically missed.

Ray Rice--- 6 games with under 60 yards rushing. 16 starts

LeShawn McCoy-- 5 games under 60 yards rushing. 15 starts

Those are young, elite running backs who both had comparable over all regular season production as Gore. Between Gore and Rice, Gore was the far better back in the post season.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Mar 19, 2012 at 2:34 PM ]

Frank Gore is still a beast!
Originally posted by CMBieschke:
I really hope we draft Cyrus Gray from Texas A&M. He style of play really fits our team.

Gray, Turbin or Ronnie Hillman in the draft as the new 3rd RB.
What makes you think Frank won't play next year?
Originally posted by cwilson830:
What makes you think Frank won't play next year?

i think he will play this next year forsure.. i meant who will replace him following this next year.. because i suppose hes going to only decline after this next year and we will be needing to draft someone to replace him before it becomes a flat tire and the car stops moving because of the RB position
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
i think he will play this next year forsure.. i meant who will replace him following this next year.. because i suppose hes going to only decline after this next year and we will be needing to draft someone to replace him before it becomes a flat tire and the car stops moving because of the RB position

My guess is he has another couple years in The Tank.
Share 49ersWebzone