There are 181 users in the forums

Jed York and Amy Trask on KNBR

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Heres the link to the interview: http://www.knbr.com/ShowsSchedule/MurphandMac/tabid/584/Default.aspx

I'll just say this, Jed is clueless. They both gave BS answers but atleast Amy seemed a little more concerned and less programmed. Jed on the other hand? Talking about lighting??? And putting some on, "oh we need to work together with the SFPD." I'm sorry but his answers were not moving at all. He said nothing. He is CLUELESS.

Also they both said the issues were with a small minority of fans. Wrong. There were ton of arrests. I saw atleast 14 or 15 fights in the stands and there were countless other large brawls in the parking lot. This is more than just a few people. I wanna know how many arrests were made Saturday night. The environment in the stands is horrible. People standing constantly. Others smoking in the stand. Ushers doing nothing and really not equipped to handle the issues. The thug and gangbanger mentality is just unacceptable. And surprise surpise, Jed is dropping the ball once again.
watched the game from home, lol
I guess those owner luxury boxes insulate you a little bit from reality.
timkawakami Tim Kawakami by MaioccoCSN
Breaking news from a high-ranking NFL source: The 49ers and Raiders will discontinue their exhibition season annual game.
This just brings to light the deterioration of a live sports environment. Its not new in the realm of sports but it has taken on increased scrutiny with the "youtube" era. Some stadiums even have court houses & jails in them..ie: Philly. It's not like the bay area is one of the top crime-free places in the US, add booze and stupid people you get brawls, it happens everywhere.

The only way to curb it is to increase the punishment. There should be a new law on the books with a combo lifetime ban, disorderly conduct, public disturbance, insighting a riot, and whatever else they can think of to attach mandatory jail time or 2 year probationary period along with a $5K fine for anyone found guilty depending on the severity... dont just throw them from the stadium... bend them over and make them pay. Extend it to any stadium grounds so it enforces parking lot behavior as well. Guarenteed people will start acting differently the second one of their homies gets bent over. Attach it to the agreement on the back of the ticket and hell, we have some additional revenue for the new stadium and split the % with the cops to provide additional police at games. This sh*t is so easily enforcable with todays technology, cameras can cover the entire stadium, and facial recognition technology has already been used in stadiums throughout the world.
Amy Trask is a vet when dealing with the media. Jed is just a few years into this. Think he did just fine. Those were some tough question regarding security, and the degree of security required. Has to have the right balance between reasonable and not take away the fan experience at the game.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
timkawakami Tim Kawakami by MaioccoCSN
Breaking news from a high-ranking NFL source: The 49ers and Raiders will discontinue their exhibition season annual game.

I'm not surprised, in fact I anticipated that this would happen...and not just for pre-season, the regular season rivalry will probably be scheduled years later. Sucks because I wanna see the TRaiders fail every single year vs. SF.
This was easily the worst I've ever seen it at this stick in my 5 years of going to games. I have a feeling the fights were more gang on gang violence than anything else though. The F*** the Raider/Niner shirts surely didn't help matters though, and they were being sold on stadium grounds. Both fan bases showed just how classless they could be on Saturday night.
Yes there were fights but I didn't get the sense that the atmosphere was that tense. Heck I was sitting near the s**tters where fans of both teams obviously end up and there was some light verbal hazing but no one took it too serious.

In the stands I didn't get the sense that the original poster did. Now I was up in a section that is mostly season ticket holders I believe. There were a lot of fights in the stands. Not 14 or 15 but more on the lines of 5 - 6.
Originally posted by Druckenmiller14:
Heres the link to the interview: http://www.knbr.com/ShowsSchedule/MurphandMac/tabid/584/Default.aspx

I'll just say this, Jed is clueless. They both gave BS answers but atleast Amy seemed a little more concerned and less programmed. Jed on the other hand? Talking about lighting??? And putting some on, "oh we need to work together with the SFPD." I'm sorry but his answers were not moving at all. He said nothing. He is CLUELESS.

Also they both said the issues were with a small minority of fans. Wrong. There were ton of arrests. I saw atleast 14 or 15 fights in the stands and there were countless other large brawls in the parking lot. This is more than just a few people. I wanna know how many arrests were made Saturday night. The environment in the stands is horrible. People standing constantly. Others smoking in the stand. Ushers doing nothing and really not equipped to handle the issues. The thug and gangbanger mentality is just unacceptable. And surprise surpise, Jed is dropping the ball once again.

What do you expect? We have clueless owners, where as the Raiders have experienced, savvy owners who know what they're doing.

The "pre-season" group of fans who show up are a completely different group than the ones that come for regular season games. Last year at the regular season 49ers/Raiders games there were very few problems, and I saw absolutely nothing in the parking lot before the game. (Not to say there wasn't) Season ticket holders, a lot of them at least, choose not to go to preseason games because they just don't matter. This gives a whole different group of people, especially raiders fans the ability to go to the games. I think most people who purposely stayed home expected this kind of a crap at a 49ers/Raiders preseason game.

With that said, I don't condone any of this, and it's a truly unfortunate event that took place. On the plus side, the 49ers did do their job in making the raiders look like s**t.

NINERS!!
Jed and Amy have no confidence in their teams. We will meet in the Superbowl!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
The "pre-season" group of fans who show up are a completely different group than the ones that come for regular season games. Last year at the regular season 49ers/Raiders games there were very few problems, and I saw absolutely nothing in the parking lot before the game. (Not to say there wasn't) Season ticket holders, a lot of them at least, choose not to go to preseason games because they just don't matter. This gives a whole different group of people, especially raiders fans the ability to go to the games. I think most people who purposely stayed home expected this kind of a crap at a 49ers/Raiders preseason game.

With that said, I don't condone any of this, and it's a truly unfortunate event that took place. On the plus side, the 49ers did do their job in making the raiders look like s**t.

NINERS!!

Agreed with this entire post. Been going to every game since I was 10 years old. Saturday was a reflection of it being a Raider preseason game, not how the games normally are. The media needs to stop hyping it up to be a normal thing.
Share 49ersWebzone