There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign Mario Manningham

  • SoCold
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 48,429
I wonder what # he'll wear... doesn't Nate Byham wear #82? Aside from that.. i feel like this is a good signing... he may not have lit up the stats with Nicks 'n Cruz, but solid possession guy- arguably an upgrade over Morgan-- we'll see. In hindsight, i was surprised by his being signed by Wash, but i believe the geography played a big part- he'll be missed.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

I wanted the niners to draft him but then he went to the Giants so I hated him, now im happy he is where he belongs
Originally posted by valrod33:
I wanted the niners to draft him but then he went to the Giants so I hated him, now im happy he is where he belongs

this
Does anyone know this guy's charachter?

Dummy?

Thug life?

Stand up guy?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,073
I must be on an island all by myself but i think if the season started today, we are in much better shape wide out wise as compared to when we last played a game.Moss at 35 is better at catching a ball and commanding respect from an extra safety than ginn ever was or even morgan. Why the hate for manningham?the man can catch, he is a winner, he shows up in big games and he is better than morgans"potential".you know darn well we will add a nice wide out in the draft.Am curious as to why some are ripping the team for improving an area that needed improving and not over paying to do it. Its all about the right person and I think the front office and coach(while being a titch arrogant at times ) have a good track record of that. i just do not get the comments like"this will not turn out well,,, i have a bad feeling and of course " he does not seem happy to be here"
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Does anyone know this guy's charachter?

Dummy?

Thug life?

Stand up guy?

G men fans on their MB say he's a classy dude.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Does anyone know this guy's charachter?

Dummy?

Thug life?

Stand up guy?

sounds like a good dude from those quotes valrod posted. doesn't sound dumb either. but idk.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Does anyone know this guy's charachter?

Dummy?

Thug life?

Stand up guy?

sounds like a good dude from those quotes valrod posted. doesn't sound dumb either. but idk.

He is a decent #2 WR on a team. Probably an upgrade from Josh Morgan.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,674
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Does anyone know this guy's charachter?

Dummy?

Thug life?

Stand up guy?

He tends to wear hoodies, so he's a thug as far as im concerned.
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Does anyone know this guy's charachter?

Dummy?

Thug life?

Stand up guy?

He tends to wear hoodies, so he's a thug as far as im concerned.

He should stay away from dudes named Zimmerman then.
Originally posted by cciowa:
I must be on an island all by myself but i think if the season started today, we are in much better shape wide out wise as compared to when we last played a game.Moss at 35 is better at catching a ball and commanding respect from an extra safety than ginn ever was or even morgan. Why the hate for manningham?the man can catch, he is a winner, he shows up in big games and he is better than morgans"potential".you know darn well we will add a nice wide out in the draft.Am curious as to why some are ripping the team for improving an area that needed improving and not over paying to do it. Its all about the right person and I think the front office and coach(while being a titch arrogant at times ) have a good track record of that. i just do not get the comments like"this will not turn out well,,, i have a bad feeling and of course " he does not seem happy to be here"

Here is how I see it. I have a hard time comparing what we are excited about now to what we really had in our last game.

We were pretty excited last year with the thoughts of Crabs, Edwards & Morgan. And we were all let down.

I for one was not looking to just upgrade over the season productivity, but also upgrade our excitment level over last off season.

Crabs, Manningham & Moss == Crabs, Edwards & Morgan in terms of looking forward. We could be as equally let down this time next year with this group
Originally posted by cciowa:
I must be on an island all by myself but i think if the season started today, we are in much better shape wide out wise as compared to when we last played a game.Moss at 35 is better at catching a ball and commanding respect from an extra safety than ginn ever was or even morgan. Why the hate for manningham?the man can catch, he is a winner, he shows up in big games and he is better than morgans"potential".you know darn well we will add a nice wide out in the draft.Am curious as to why some are ripping the team for improving an area that needed improving and not over paying to do it. Its all about the right person and I think the front office and coach(while being a titch arrogant at times ) have a good track record of that. i just do not get the comments like"this will not turn out well,,, i have a bad feeling and of course " he does not seem happy to be here"
Well... not alone there, i only stated that he is arguably and "upgrade" over Morgan but I'm sure that's what we all want to see and i agree that we are already improved at WR... at least on paper! Just have to hope that the chemistry develops between them and AS and we will be in for a much more exciting offense.
I'm excited to see how this opens things up for our running game as well.
Originally posted by cciowa:
I must be on an island all by myself but i think if the season started today, we are in much better shape wide out wise as compared to when we last played a game.Moss at 35 is better at catching a ball and commanding respect from an extra safety than ginn ever was or even morgan. Why the hate for manningham?the man can catch, he is a winner, he shows up in big games and he is better than morgans"potential".you know darn well we will add a nice wide out in the draft.Am curious as to why some are ripping the team for improving an area that needed improving and not over paying to do it. Its all about the right person and I think the front office and coach(while being a titch arrogant at times ) have a good track record of that. i just do not get the comments like"this will not turn out well,,, i have a bad feeling and of course " he does not seem happy to be here"

I think he will wear #88