LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

49ers sign Mario Manningham

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PTulini:
I'm curious about why it's only a 2 year deal?

Indeed, this guy was looking for a Josh Morgan deal, was getting close to signing a big contract with the Rams but pulled out at the last minute... what changed this guys mind? -Is he really playing for peanuts knowing Alex Smith will be throwing to him?

Something doesn't add up.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Mar 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM ]
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
~ Small.
~ Slow.
~ Doesn't separate well.

Don't see how he imporves us much. You need a "Manning" for proper ball placement to make him look good IMO. I don't think he would help Alex much. He would look completely covered to Alex.

Someone's an optimist.

Are you at all surprised?

Well I wanted a big and fast WR. This is not that guy. Yes we got Moss. But he is old and has knee problems. And "he plays when he wants to play." So not sure how much we can count on him.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Indeed, this guy was looking for a Josh Morgan deal, was getting close to signing a big contract with the Rams but pulled out at the last minute... what changed this guys mind? -Is he really playing for peanuts knowing Alex Smith will be throwing to him?

I thought he was a done deal with the Rams. Did he sign for less with us? What changed so much?....

I thought he was a done deal with the Rams. Did he sign for less with us? What changed so much?....

This. I thought he was going to be Bradford's new #1.
The only thing I can think of as for why Manningham changed his mind and signed with the Niners is because he knows Manning is signing with the Niners..
~ Small.
~ Slow.
~ Doesn't separate well.

Don't see how he imporves us much. You need a "Manning" for proper ball placement to make him look good IMO. I don't think he would help Alex much. He would look completely covered to Alex.

those 3 things are not true...
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
His stars aren't impressive from 2011 at all but what else was left? Lloyd got snagged by the Pats so that re-union between Brandon and the 49ers can't happen. In theFront Office I trust. Go Niners!!

LINKO

Look at the last three weeks of the 2010 season. This is when Hakeem Nicks was out and he was the #1. Great numbers.

Yeah, all I kept hearing about on ESPN was how Mario was going to get a Josh Morgan type of deal, and that 'it was imminent' almost every 5 minutes it flashed this afternoon (4 years with a front-loaded contract).

What changed his mind?

Yeah, all I kept hearing about on ESPN was how Mario was going to get a Josh Morgan type of deal, and that 'it was imminent' almost every 5 minutes it flashed this afternoon (4 years with a front-loaded contract).

What changed his mind?

What's going on? This is really odd. I thought he was off the market.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
His stars aren't impressive from 2011 at all but what else was left? Lloyd got snagged by the Pats so that re-union between Brandon and the 49ers can't happen. In theFront Office I trust. Go Niners!!
His 2010 stats are pretty darn good.....Cruz just blew that receiving corp out of the water this year, who was Manningham supposed to replace really, Nicks? Cruz? I think the Giants will miss him, don't forget hes been very clutch

~ Small.
~ Slow.
~ Doesn't separate well.

Someone's an optimist.

Well I wanted a big and fast WR. This is not that guy. Yes we got Moss. But he is old and has knee problems. And "he plays when he wants to play." So not sure how much we can count on him.

Chaz Schilens is big and fast.....you want him over Manningham?

Manningham is more quick than fast, but is a smooth athlete and has legit talent. Most importantly, he makes plays. Point, blank, period. Who cares what the measurables are. He makes plays. End of discussion.
~ Small.
~ Slow.
~ Doesn't separate well.

Someone's an optimist.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/4262/injuries.html

Where and when has he had a knee problems?

What changed his mind?

What's going on? This is really odd. I thought he was off the market.

Yeah, this guy was gonna be Bradford's #1 for sure, did this guy really pull out of talks with the Rams to take a s**t deal for Alex Smith? -Doesn't make sense.
Dude those of you saying he is slow and can't seperate well don't really now what you are talking about. The guy played through chronic injury last year, but when he is healthy he is an absolute home run threat. Go watch some clips of him from 2010
Originally posted by Youngb:
~ Small.
~ Slow.
~ Doesn't separate well.

Someone's an optimist.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/4262/injuries.html

Where and when has he had a knee problems?

It's said that he has arthritic knees. That's why the Patroits gave up on him. They don't think he can hold up anymore.
Share 49ersWebzone