LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

Rock Cartwright?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by streetblaze:
The 49ers are killing me with all the washed up players!!! That's not thinking for the future!!!

It's not like they are breaking the bank for these guys. wtf is wrong with you.
I don't think he'll make the 53 IMO. We got enough special teamers between Dixon, Miller, Brock, Spillman, Jones, Gooden, we'll probably draft a linebacker or 2 for depth that'll play special teams and then a few regulars like Walker, Goldson, and Bowman also play on some special teams units.
Awesome, we found a replacement for Gore.
I think some people forget about the salary cap. They only want names. Football teams arent made up of names. Ask the Eagles. They are made up of role players and that is what Harbaugh wants. The Niners are picking up pieces who fit in many places. Rock is a back up fullback, a star special teamer and can return kicks. Looks that covers 3 areas. Did Costanzo do anything but cover punts and kicks? Did Michael Bush do anything but tote the rock on a part-time basis? We are spending on what we need. Not what looks good on our bench. AND we are doing it smartly. Look at the contract structures and length of the contracts. There's a method to this madness people!

And no, it was Stephen Davis who got his butt kicked by Mike Westbrook.
Originally posted by Muggins:

It cost to be the boss! Tired of waiting years for another Superbowl!! rather then spend some now on quote unquote guaranteed talent there out there coupon bargain shopping!
Bunch of soggy vagina's up in hur. This is a great signing, for how much he'll cost and what they'll be using him for(kickoff coverage), he's great value, this guy has regularly been one of the top special teams players in football for awhile and if they desperately need it, he can also fill in at RB or return kicks. Not sure what's not to like, unless you're one of those goofballs who was thinking that the 49ers were going to sign Manning AND Vincent Jackson AND Mike Wallace AND Mario Williams.

People need to get a grip.
Originally posted by Youngb:
Awesome, we found a replacement for Gore.

Hahahaha
It cost to be the boss! Tired of waiting years for another Superbowl!! rather then spend some now on quote unquote guaranteed talent there out there coupon bargain shopping!

Yeah, that has worked out so well for the Redskins. All that "guaranteed" talent has earned them at least 8 or 9 Super Bowls...amirite...amirite???

Please go.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yeah, that has worked out so well for the Redskins. All that "guaranteed" talent has earned them at least 8 or 9 Super Bowls...amirite...amirite???

Please go.

look at what the packers- patriots have done this free agency.

Nothing.

Good-Great teams build through the draft.
Originally posted by Toronto49er:
look at what the packers- patriots have done this free agency.

Nothing.

Good-Great teams build through the draft.

Or the Giants......or the Ravens..or the Steelers.....realistically all the top teams have done jack s**t, generally the best teams stock up through the draft, fill in minor gaps through free agency and that's how they continue to win.

Meanwhile the Redskins are the World Champions of free agency, year-in and year-out and they've been a bottom-feeding franchise for the past 20 years.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 15, 2012 at 12:30 PM ]

The team was a few plays away from a SB! Your wait is done. The team is now going to be a contender for years to come, unless they do what you want and mortgage the future by paying exorbitant prices for name players who may or may not live up to their hype.

Harbaugh is thankfully not coaching the team for you and your ilk; he is building through the draft (like New England), which will keep his team a contender for years to come! The SBs will come our way, if the team doesn't do anything stupid, like break the bank for big names!

It's not about bargain hunting; it is about value shopping! Either you trust the FO and Coach of the Year to evaluate the value of players, or you do not. Personally, I trust JH, TB and PM far more than I trust your emotionalism. I'm just as eager to win another SB as you are; however, I trust the FO and coaching staff to make it happen - sooner rather than later.
[ Edited by longtime49erfan on Mar 15, 2012 at 12:35 PM ]
Marc Logan 2.0
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
I'm biased, but I really like this signing. KSU 1997... its always good to have fellow wildcats on the team. Rock is not only a great special teams guy with the ability to both cover and return (24 ypr on kickoffs) he's a solid compact hard runner - 5'7 223 the nickname Rock is for a reason - he has a career 4.2 ypc average. He is not an all pro, he is a blue collar guy, that works his ass off. He was a 7th round draft pick, as a 5'7 Full Back. People doubt year after year, but the guy has played 10 years in the nfl. He won't be asked to be Frank Gore, but he can be Dixon, Norris, Constanza, Kyle Williams/Kendall Hunter on KR... He can be a good short yardage back, he will be a great special teams coverage guy and he is a a good #2 KR, He also is one of the BEST blocking KR's....

He's a Tony Montana kinda guy
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:

The team was a few plays away from a SB! Your wait is done. The team is now going to be a contender for years to come, unless they do what you want and mortgage the future by paying exorbitant prices for name players who may or may not live up to their hype.

Harbaugh is thankfully not coaching the team for you and your ilk; he is building through the draft (like New England), which will keep his team a contender for years to come! The SBs will come our way, if the team doesn't do anything stupid, like break the bank for big names!

I'll take him. The level of my happiness with Rock is about the same as the level of my dissapointment over Shawntae
Share 49ersWebzone