There are 259 users in the forums

Anyone else think Harbaalke is totally down with CK-2012?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Anyone else think Harbaalke is totally down with CK-2012?

Originally posted by susweel:
Word on the street is they dont wonna announce the Alex deal yet because they dont want to scare away WRs they are looking at.

Post of the year!
Word on the street is they dont wonna announce the Alex deal yet because they dont want to scare away WRs they are looking at.

Post of the year nomination!
Originally posted by Joecool:
Honestly, I don't think it has as much to do with Alex than it does Kaep. No team would want to be committed long term to any QB if they have a highly talented QB learning and preparing to take over. Colts would do the same if they had Manning with Luck on the bench. No team with a very talented developing QB would want to even give Manning more than 3 years.

Did I just defend Alex?

Very well put.

You can't have two quarterbacks. Not on a team, not in a salary cap, not in a message board. It creates anger and confusion. The WZ is a perfect microcosm of that.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
that sounded like nolannonsense
Hey... what about mr. tolzien.... they used him ass breez during training for the saints... i love watching his videos on youtube i think he is the man... to take over.. this season.... what do you guys think??
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
and ck fills them with confidence ( you can never hate susweet you know )
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
thats the point.. they didnt have a previous 6 years of bust on the resume... alex does which is why the contract is 3 years, and if he proves himself next year he would probably get a contract extension after 2 years of solid play.. i dont mind this one bit and you shouldnt either, it means our front office is using there brains and keeps our QB playing at a high level...

Yeah, Fitzpatrick kept getting cut and couldn't get on the field
Originally posted by popalpo:
Wow this is a horrible post...

Why would Aldon Smith want to rework his contract? He will be in his second year and some are already calling him one of the best pass rushers in the league.
If anything the 9ers will probably have to start saving up for when his rookie contract expires in 4 years.

Vernon Davis is a team leader, and the biggest playmaker on the offense as he showed last season in the playoffs. While he is the top paid TE, his contract isn't that huge to have to rework.

Crabtree, will get one more year to show he is worthy. If not he will either be released or traded.

We have Justin Smith for two more years. By the end of his contract he will be 34 or 35. If he is still playing at a pretty high level, he still won't be that tough to resign because of his age. I think they will need to draft for his replacement this year however.

Finally, I don't see a reason to rush in Kapernick. Alex Smith was a legit receiver away from the superbowl last season. Another year in the offense and the addition of a motivated Moss and perhaps a Laurent Robinson or drafted receiver, I think we will be a superbowl favorite.

Why fix something thats not broken? Lets let Kapernick come along at a healthy rate. We all know he has all the tools. Athletic ability, Arm Strength, Size.

Alex is a hard worker and real professional. Lets hope Kapernick can learn from Alex in that department.

This method worked well for Rodgers.

I don't think you understand.

1. deals are re-worked all the time to shift contract dollars around, often transparent to the player.

2. we front-loaded Willis' contract to 2012, taking a $17.5m hit this year and much less in future years. We should do that for VD too.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
and ck fills them with confidence ( you can never hate susweet you know )

everybody loves me
I'm cool with it, as much as I would've loved for Alex to pan out 7 years later and we have a game manager from a #1 pick. It's time to move on, its time to let go.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
everybody loves me
you are indeed beloved
Honestly, I don't think it has as much to do with Alex than it does Kaep. No team would want to be committed long term to any QB if they have a highly talented QB learning and preparing to take over. Colts would do the same if they had Manning with Luck on the bench. No team with a very talented developing QB would want to even give Manning more than 3 years.

Did I just defend Alex?

Hmmm you mean like when we had Joe and Steve on the team at the same time? Yeah, that really sucked.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
I'm cool with it, as much as I would've loved for Alex to pan out 7 years later and we have a game manager from a #1 pick. It's time to move on, its time to let go.

oh. just when we get to the nfl title game, its time to cut our quarterback loose, who was responsible for beating the saints and give it to a kid who has thrown four passes,, i think that just speaks for itself
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
everybody tolerates me

fixed!
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Did I just defend Alex?

Hmmm you mean like when we had Joe and Steve on the team at the same time? Yeah, that really sucked.

There was no salary cap until 1994, and there was no real free agency until 1993.
Share 49ersWebzone