LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Is the front office hating on Shawnte Spencer?? why not release him already?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
we signed cox and brought back rogers....so what is the hold up with spencer? let him go to another team before most of the good paying spots are taken. what is the difference if we release him now or later? i remember reading that spencer changed agents because his agent also represented jim and trent baalke....and they are all good friends...so i hope its nothing personal. he will most likely be released tomorrow....weird situation if he is not.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Mar 14, 2012 at 2:18 AM ]
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
we signed cox and brought back rogers....so what is the hold up with spencer? let him go to another team before most of the good paying spots are taken. what is the difference if we release him now or later? i remember reading that spencer changed agents because his agent also represented jim and trent baalke....and they are all good friends...so i hope its nothing personal. he will most likely be released tomorrow....weird situation if he is not.
How much does he cost? Let him compete for a spot?
maybe because it might cost us to release him? just a guess.

Might be seeking trades. A 7th rounder is better than nothing.
They can still get a 7th since the CB position is running thin on the FA, Spencer is average at best.
Originally posted by Youngb:
Might be seeking trades. A 7th rounder is better than nothing.

this
Because they gave Spencer permission to seek a trade. Why cut when we can gain something in return.
shawntae spencer not playing in '11 is so weird
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Yeah, you're right, from starter to way down on the depth chart.
Originally posted by LanceQ:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Yeah, you're right, from starter to way down on the depth chart.

yea i understand getting outplayed by brown and culliver but getting outplayed by brock

Why in the world would we cut him? He's under contract and could have trade value.

We're not damaging his prospects elsewhere. Every team knows he's available. If they thought Spencer was a better option than the FAs currently available, they'd made an offer for him.
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
Because they gave Spencer permission to seek a trade. Why cut when we can gain something in return.

This.
Originally posted by sspiker:
Why in the world would we cut him? He's under contract and could have trade value.

We're not damaging his prospects elsewhere. Every team knows he's available. If they thought Spencer was a better option than the FAs currently available, they'd made an offer for him.

cap space and you dont have to pay him the 4 million he's due
I also think Perrish Cox is going to be the KR/PR and not be in the starting cb rotation.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
I also think Perrish Cox is going to be the KR/PR and not be in the starting cb rotation.

we carried 4 active CBs on game day. Spencer was usually inactive so if Cox made the roster it mean that we are going to have 5 active CBs but Cox would play more exclusively on ST.
Share 49ersWebzone