stop trying to move A. Davis

LT - Staley
LG - Iupati
C - Beeler/draft pick
RG - Kilgore/draft pick
RT - A. Davis

Est... 2014

this

did something happen to jonathan goodwin? I would think he to be a better option than ferris beeler

Goodwin will be 35 in 2014. It's a projected list.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
not to be rude but am trying to figure out what moving our offensive linemen around this has to do with free agency.i think everyone is fine with where they are getting back to free agency i am thinking all we need to get in free agency is a vet on the line. i think they will wait to see if davis is healthy in another month and then look at him. If grant leaves maybe we look for a vet inside linebacker
This thread is pretty much dead
Originally posted by cciowa:
not to be rude but am trying to figure out what moving our offensive linemen around this has to do with free agency.i think everyone is fine with where they are getting back to free agency i am thinking all we need to get in free agency is a vet on the line. i think they will wait to see if davis is healthy in another month and then look at him. If grant leaves maybe we look for a vet inside linebacker

The line needs to be flexible in covering for each other when injuries hit. Sometimes you have a great back up at one position but not at another and a double shift is the best strategy. For instance, if Kilgore wins the RG position but he is the only backup C, then he would shift to C if Goodwin is nicked and a backup would take over at RG. If the players know several positions from TC then the shifting is much more easily accomplished during the season. With Goodwin being the only old guy on the team that would be a likely scenario.

If they can pick up a FA who can back up both C and RG then that gives them more flexibility. Did I mention I like flexibility?
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Apr 13, 2012 at 3:09 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Well getting back to this thread, maybe this is why we haven't signed Brown yet:

Free agent G/C Jason Brown is drawing interest from the Ravens and Titans in addition to the 49ers and Panthers.

Brown has visited San Francisco and Carolina, and "both teams want to sign him," per the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. The Ravens are the team with which Brown broke into the league in 2005. NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reported Friday that Baltimore has made Brown a "conservative, one-year offer."
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
no, there is still a chance we bring in T.O.

just kidding fellas .........................................................................................hopefully next year!
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by kezar49er:
Because he is/was a better run blocker as he showed when he first played RT after he was drafted. At 6'.5 315 he has the size/quickness to be a better guard than Boone or davis imho

hes a probowl LT

while were at it lets move VD to RB because hes big and strong and fastt

No you got it wrong, its Willis to RB and then slide VD into the ILB position. Changing the position of pro bowl players is always a smart decision.

-UDFA after draft
-May-Jul
-players cut by other teams (late preseason)
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Well getting back to this thread, maybe this is why we haven't signed Brown yet:

Free agent G/C Jason Brown is drawing interest from the Ravens and Titans in addition to the 49ers and Panthers.

Brown has visited San Francisco and Carolina, and "both teams want to sign him," per the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. The Ravens are the team with which Brown broke into the league in 2005. NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reported Friday that Baltimore has made Brown a "conservative, one-year offer."

Damn. I hope we get em. We need depth at guard.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

-UDFA after draft
-May-Jul
-players cut by other teams (late preseason)

Yeah the late surprise cuts always happen. I hope we can get some veteran cuts who have some tank and want to win a super bowl. We should have the money for it.

Originally posted by Afrikan:
no, there is still a chance we bring in T.O.

just kidding fellas .........................................................................................hopefully next year!

doubt it. TO is done IMO, I'm not expecting much from Moss, but I felt Moss would help more than Owens.
Love him or hate him, we can only hope for another Owens

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Love him or hate him, we can only hope for another Owens

Talent-definately; attitude-NO! As great as he is it is a shame the guy is just plain nuts.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Talent-definately; attitude-NO! As great as he is it is a shame the guy is just plain nuts.

Yeah... I prefer salted nuts.