There are 343 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers Free Agent Rumor Thread

Seriously he came in over the weekend and nothing was written or said about it during or afterward. I know MM had an article about the week in review but that's it. He would be an upgrade at rg over Snyder but since the rams sorry asses paid him what 8 mil a year I bet he wants too much money from us to start and we are not having it.
Hope this means they are happy with the guys they have. Read somewhere that Boone would get a shot at RG, which would probably be an upgrade, but really hope Kilgore is ready as well so they have options...good options. Their lack of panic gives me a feeling that it's not a serious problem.
Itll be interesting to see Boone as a guard, would much rather Boone competing for LT, Staley going back to RT, Davis moving inside to guard and Kilgore at center.

It'll never happen but one could wish.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Itll be interesting to see Boone as a guard, would much rather Boone competing for LT, Staley going back to RT, Davis moving inside to guard and Kilgore at center.

I wish that same wish as well. Would be some bumps in the road initially but it might be best for the LT where we'd only need to worry about replacing RT in a year or two.
Originally posted by NCommand:

I wish that same wish as well. Would be some bumps in the road initially but it might be best for the LT where we'd only need to worry about replacing RT in a year or two.

Originally posted by dtg_9er:

disagree completely

i dont get why people dont like staley he was a probowl LT last year easily one of the best and he didnt even commit a penalty (fundamentally sound) he had some bumps early as did the rest of the team but finished the year extremelly strong
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

disagree completely

i dont get why people dont like staley he was a probowl LT last year easily one of the best and he didnt even commit a penalty (fundamentally sound) he had some bumps early as did the rest of the team but finished the year extremelly strong

I don't get it either. We have a couple of young tackles and may be set for years and people want to mess with that.
This should be our future OL rotation

LG- Iupati
LT- Staley
C- Kilgore
RG- A.Davis
RT- Boone

Swing OL Person
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

LG- Iupati
LT- Staley
C- Kilgore
RG- A.Davis
RT- Boone

Swing OL Person

Is this some new Harbaugh formation?
Originally posted by cwilson830:

LG- Iupati
LT- Staley
C- Kilgore
RG- A.Davis
RT- Boone

Swing OL Person

Is this some new Harbaugh formation?

lol, I see what I did there. Heck anything Harbaugh does will work,
Originally posted by NinerSquire:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Barrows ‏ @mattbarrows
Hearing 49ers free-agent safety Madieu Williams will be heading to either ATL or WAS shortly. The 49ers appear to be out of the running.

There goes the season

Bring back Mark Roman!!!!

Hell no!!!!

LG- Iupati
LT- Staley
C- Kilgore
RG- A.Davis
RT- Boone

Swing OL Person

I would like Goodwin to ultimately be replaced. My ideal scenario would be to have them draft a guard to compete with Kilgore for the guard position. The winner would be playing at Guard for the coming year next to Goodwin makes a lot of sense to me. Ideally it would be Kilgore. Then slide him over to Center in 2013 if/when Goodwin has a drop off from age. The draftee would play guard along side Kilgore in 2013.

Moving Davis to guard just mess things up for the young man who just showed us last year that he can own the RT position after the Detroit game
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Apr 11, 2012 at 6:32 PM ]
disagree completely

The 9ers have three really good T's and one good G. It makes sense to move one of the T's over to play G if they are equally capable. I believe Davis is more suited to this move given his shorter and stouter stature. As far as Staley goes, he played RT extremely well, and is an all pro at LT. If Boone is equally good at either T then it doesn't matter where they play. Staley has had more injuries and I would like them to be interchangable on the blind side in case of future injury.

Kilgore may change this whole scenario by winning the RG position outright.
disagree completely

The 9ers have three really good T's and one good G. It makes sense to move one of the T's over to play G if they are equally capable. I believe Davis is more suited to this move given his shorter and stouter stature. As far as Staley goes, he played RT extremely well, and is an all pro at LT. If Boone is equally good at either T then it doesn't matter where they play. Staley has had more injuries and I would like them to be interchangable on the blind side in case of future injury.

Kilgore may change this whole scenario by winning the RG position outright.

A little stretch?
Is Jake Scott a UFA, or an RFA?