Not a member? Register Now!

49ers Free Agent Rumor Thread

Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Schefter: "Bengals announced they re-signed LB Manny Lawson."

I can't believe he and Abrayo have such a hard time finding work.
I can. they , esp, manny lawson is very very over rated by many around here
i think a few years ago when we had a very poor roster some considered people like lawson elite.Now with the linebackers we have it is very very clear to some that lawson is average to below average.we had our standards and player quality so low for so many years

I can. they , esp, manny lawson is very very over rated by many around here

this

But he was an extremely under-rated safety prospect!

• cciowa
  • Veteran
this
Maybe 3 years ago it would considered tragic if someone like lawson was let go but not now.I do not think it is a stretch to say that manny lawson could never be able to take a starting job away from any linebacker we have now. I know we are talking different positions but if I had to choose I would keep larry grant any day of the week as compared to mr "potential" manny lawson
this
Maybe 3 years ago it would considered tragic if someone like lawson was let go but not now.I do not think it is a stretch to say that manny lawson could never be able to take a starting job away from any linebacker we have now. I know we are talking different positions but if I had to choose I would keep larry grant any day of the week as compared to mr "potential" manny lawson

Ever since his second season I have always thought he was a sub par LB in a 3-4 scheme. People on this board were thinking he was a pro bowler because of his Deoin Sanders like coverage abilities, lol
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
So we are 3.7 mil under if Jacobs salary is 1 mil but I heard we offered him 2 mil. Either way this probably puts us out of the Lutui sweepstakes I imagine, correct? So we are probably done til draft day...

Baalke and Marathe are pretty adept at restructuring and finding cap space if they really want someone. Lutui would really have to sell Harbaugh that he is in shape and will remain that way, and his contract will likely be structured with incentives to reinforce that point.

If his weight is under control then he would be a good pickup--still young enough (28) to improve and have many good years.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Ever since his second season I have always thought he was a sub par LB in a 3-4 scheme. People on this board were thinking he was a pro bowler because of his Deoin Sanders like coverage abilities, lol
and the fact our roster was so s**tty, lawson seemed like,, what did emmit smith say one time,,,,, a diamond in the middle of the garbage??
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Baalke and Marathe are pretty adept at restructuring and finding cap space if they really want someone. Lutui would really have to sell Harbaugh that he is in shape and will remain that way, and his contract will likely be structured with incentives to reinforce that point.

If his weight is under control then he would be a good pickup--still young enough (28) to improve and have many good years.
so if you had to choose, you think that guy is a better risk and a better option than leonard davis?Do not misunderstand my tone, i am just asking for your good opinion
Originally posted by iknoejohnyork:

MS : "WHAAAAAT u mean 4 quarters?? 15 minutes each?! please!"

We will not TRY to watch the film..

We WILL watch the film!!

so if you had to choose, you think that guy is a better risk and a better option than leonard davis?Do not misunderstand my tone, i am just asking for your good opinion

No, I just want them to try and find a vet RG, as a starter or depth for Kilgore. Lutui is five years younger than Davis so he would be a better investment risk in age, but I have no idea what shape these guys are in and trust Harbaugh to make that choice.

I really don't like drafting for a starter...that seems more risky than a vet option. Puts pressure on the GM to reach for the position rather than taking the guy who falls in the right place.

let me get dis strait.. dis is the guy u talkin bout rite?

Wow! Lutui lost a lot of Weight!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
No, I just want them to try and find a vet RG, as a starter or depth for Kilgore. Lutui is five years younger than Davis so he would be a better investment risk in age, but I have no idea what shape these guys are in and trust Harbaugh to make that choice.

I really don't like drafting for a starter...that seems more risky than a vet option. Puts pressure on the GM to reach for the position rather than taking the guy who falls in the right place.
Thank you, You make good pints and i think I agree.i was thinking davis cuz he was a proven vet but you are right, the age thing is big.Kind of nice to realize there is really only one thing to fix on our team

its funny when 'fans' forget their true past heroes.

Sanjay Beach #86 WR

niners roster '93 hell ov a catch for a TD in Detroit dats season.

where were u?

Thought his name was Gupta?

let me get dis strait.. dis is the guy u talkin bout rite?

Wow! Lutui lost a lot of Weight!

its funny when 'fans' forget their true past heroes.

Sanjay Beach #86 WR

niners roster '93 hell ov a catch for a TD in Detroit dats season.

where were u?

Sanjay Beach is one of my favorite 49ers no one knows.

Back in the day when Young was on fire. He was throwing the ball before the receiver would break.... something I've rarely seen in this offense but anywho .....
I googled sanjay beach, and got this...

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Sanjay Beach is one of my favorite 49ers no one knows.

Back in the day when Young was on fire. He was throwing the ball before the receiver would break.... something I've rarely seen in this offense but anywho .....

Isn't he the guy that has a bullet still in his chest from being shot. Or am I thinking of someone else...
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Mar 30, 2012 at 11:01 AM ]
via 49ers official twitter: The #49ers have waived WR Dontavia Bogan, who was signed as an undrafted free agent in 2011 out of South Florida.