There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers Free Agent Rumor Thread

If the 49ers follow form they will let the dust clear and make a move in a few days. The team is right there and signing a top offensive guard would send tremors throughout the league.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
we will sign another wr, atleast another KR at the very least.. and if we let snyder go? do we go after that NO guard? forget the name

you guys are smarter than me. is there a good but cheap wide out ?kick returner we could get as a good replacement for ginn?
Nnamdi! Nnamdi! Nnamdi!

oh wait!
LIKE OMG! WE GOT RANDY MOSS!
Originally posted by cciowa:
we will sign another wr, atleast another KR at the very least.. and if we let snyder go? do we go after that NO guard? forget the name

you guys are smarter than me. is there a good but cheap wide out ?kick returner we could get as a good replacement for ginn?
I think that's why a lot of people like Eddie Royal as a WR/ punt returner. I honestly don't know what he did after his rookie year because they didn't use him much and Tebow doesn't throw the ball. People will probably say he's no good but neither was Ginn when he came here...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
I think that's why a lot of people like Eddie Royal as a WR/ punt returner. I honestly don't know what he did after his rookie year because they didn't use him much and Tebow doesn't throw the ball. People will probably say he's no good but neither was Ginn when he came here...
ok. well if ginn goes we need someone, thank you

Eddie Royal's name has been tossed around a little in terms of a slot WR/KR guy.

Seriously doubt we go after Carl Nicks from N.O.. He's looking to be the highest paid guard in the league.

The idea of getting RT Eric Winston from Houston and having Davis slide inside is intriguing. Then again, so is letting Snyder and Kilgore battle it out in TC.
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
We have a try out thread and a free agent thread how about a specific Free Agent to the 49ers rumor thread ?

Well just heard on 97.5 FM here in Houston that Ex- Texans Tackle Eric Winston is said to be gaining interest from teams and one of them being the 49ers.

Yeah, unless we plan on moving Davis to guard and him at RT it doesn't make much sense. He is probably looking to start and might cost too much for a backup. If we wanted a backup RT we have Boone. I don't see us moving Davis unless he struggles again this year... then it might be time to move him to RG. He should have a breakout year. Otherwise, maybe they see Eric Winston as a RG... has he ever played guard?
ya davis is improving and is looking great rather jsut keep him

going into FA

we need
1 or 2 more WR (ST return value)
CB
RG

ill bet balke has allen rossum's # on speed dial
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
ya davis is improving and is looking great rather jsut keep him

going into FA

we need
1 or 2 more WR (ST return value)
CB
RG

I would say between draft and free agency (might include bringing our guys back) we need:

2-3 More WRs (Crabtree, Moss and Williams only on roster)
1-2 CBs (Brown, Cullliver, Brock, Holcolmb on roster)
Starting RG (Depends on what they think of Kilgore/Person)

Then most likely addressed through draft:
Whatever isn't filled up above
ILB Depth if Grant is gone (doubt they think Gooden is 3rd ILB)
Possibly Safety, DL, OLB depth
Please Sign GINN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garcon might be cheap
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

Garcon might be cheap

$8 mil per cheap?

or Mecham.