There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers Free Agent Rumor Thread

Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I don't understand why we don't go after a guy like Garcon? It's not like he's a big money guy or anything. Obviously I trust in Harbaugh so whatever they decide...goes.

It's just interesting.

i bet we called but he was already neck deep negoatiating with WASH. They were either already in talks before FA started or they just offered him stupid money that he couldn't turn down.

I actually don't like Garcon. I think he's a product of Manning at QB.

he had his best year last season, though.
Didn't want VJAX. It would cost far too much for him.
Bears have announced trade with Miami for WR Brandon Marshall.

We are going to have Hill fall to us
I'm squarely on the Morgan & Wallace bandwagon.
I don't understand why we don't go after a guy like Garcon? It's not like he's a big money guy or anything. Obviously I trust in Harbaugh so whatever they decide...goes.

It's just interesting.

i bet we called but he was already neck deep negoatiating with WASH. They were either already in talks before FA started or they just offered him stupid money that he couldn't turn down.

I like Garcon. He was the best WR on the Colts without Manning.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I think Alex Smith is holding up our 'deeper' WR situation (from younger WR talent); players don't know who our QB is going to be, so it leaves doubt as to who will be throwing to them.

If Alex is such a non-factor like everyone here claims...then it shouldn't matter.

But he is, people just cannot run on 'assumption' in this modern league, it's almost an hour into FA and our supposed "guy" isn't even on the roster anymore; are players thinking "Oh they're gonna go after pey pey... or no... Colin is gonna be MVP", we need to get this Alex s**t done now.
he had his best year last season, though.

Yeah, but he is still up in the air to me. I liked him when he would have been a cheap #2 option. Now it seems like teams will pay him 8 million a year to be a #1.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
WALLACE
WALLACE
WALLACE
WALLACE
WALLACE

THIS

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Yeah, but he is still up in the air to me. I liked him when he would have been a cheap #2 option. Now it seems like teams will pay him 8 million a year to be a #1.

Just tweeted he will sign with the redskins.
http://twitter.com/#!/PierreGarcon85/statuses/179669380555223041
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 13, 2012 at 1:57 PM ]
Cardinals and Cowboys trying to close out Robinson before he heads to Jax.
Michael Lombardi ‏ @michaelombardi
Hearing KC corner Brandon Carr is working towards a deal with the Cowboys, big number, might get over 7 per year

It's just interesting.

Marv, you're one of my favorite posters on the Niners, but this is a ridiculous statement. He had his best year with Curtis Painter. lol
I think Carlos Rogers is going to fall back into our lap ala Goldson 2011.
Originally posted by jreff22:

This is why I wonder about people that do mock drafts before free agency, every thing can change so fast aside from maybe the top 3-5 talents in the draft.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home