There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers Free Agent Rumor Thread

We have a try out thread and a free agent thread how about a specific Free Agent to the 49ers rumor thread ?

Well just heard on 97.5 FM here in Houston that Ex- Texans Tackle Eric Winston is said to be gaining interest from teams and one of them being the 49ers.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
As a Right Tackle? Are we going to kick Anthony Davis inside to Guard and let Adam Snyder walk? If that isn't our idea this would make zero sense.
I heard a rumor that the 49ers have a value chart and a game plan for free agency. They supposedly will follow last years model, waiting out the first few days when huge free agent signings are announced and teams are overpaying for prized free agents. The rumor goes on that numerous threads will be started in the Webzone stating Baalke et al are lazy, the Yorks are cheap and we will never win if we do not sign FA's the first two days of the FA period.
we will sign another wr, atleast another KR at the very least.. and if we let snyder go? do we go after that NO guard? forget the name
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
I heard a rumor that the 49ers have a value chart and a game plan for free agency. They supposedly will follow last years model, waiting out the first few days when huge free agent signings are announced and teams are overpaying for prized free agents. The rumor goes on that numerous threads will be started in the Webzone stating Baalke et al are lazy, the Yorks are cheap and we will never win if we do not sign FA's the first two days of the FA period.

ZOMG! YOU SPEAK THE TRUTH!! PANIC IN THE STEETS!! WE MUST SIGN 5 FREE AGENTS IN 2 HOURS OR WELL SUCK NEXT YEAR!
Originally posted by sfout:
As a Right Tackle? Are we going to kick Anthony Davis inside to Guard and let Adam Snyder walk? If that isn't our idea this would make zero sense.

Whether or not the Winston thing is true, I think Snyder is a goner. I would assume that they would of gotten something done by now. Winston is what 26 ? I think Snyder is in his 30's

Just checked - Winston 28 and Snyder 30 .... Why does it seem Snyder is a old dude ?
[ Edited by ziggy_gonna_rock on Mar 13, 2012 at 8:02 AM ]
Hutchinson (sp) would be a good fit with snyder backing his old bones up!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:

Whether or not the Winston thing is true, I think Snyder is a goner. I would assume that they would of gotten something done by now. Winston is what 26 ? I think Snyder is in his 30's

Snyder justs wants a fair deal, this was his most productive season so I'm sure he is waiting it out for an offer and hoping the 9ers is more or equal to it. I know its nothing but a PR move but he and Costanzo tweeted that they want to be back next season.

It could be an FO decision to let him walk but I think Snyder wants back.
each player who is a FA/potential FA will usually get their own thread
in the FA forum, where their relevancy to the 49ers will be discussed
accordingly....

having an umbrella thread for all FAs the Niners might have interest
in would turn into a clusterf**k VERY quickly...

/thread

ZOMG! YOU SPEAK THE TRUTH!! PANIC IN THE STEETS!! WE MUST SIGN 5 FREE AGENTS IN 2 HOURS OR WELL SUCK NEXT YEAR!
Right?!?! we'll be lucky to win one game! This team is purposely throwing the year for Luck... oh wait

Haha, last season was pretty funny with the overeactions starting with letting Baas walk

Hey do we have the same source, cause mine told me the same thing, word for word.
Paul Soliai.

Soliai played under the franchise tag in 2011, and he'll hit the market at 4:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday. A league source tells PFT that the Broncos, Dolphins, Chiefs, Colts, 49ers, Patriots, and Falcons are interested.

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Paul Soliai.

Soliai played under the franchise tag in 2011, and he'll hit the market at 4:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday. A league source tells PFT that the Broncos, Dolphins, Chiefs, Colts, 49ers, Patriots, and Falcons are interested.

our d line depth is great i see him going to patriots or falcons
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Paul Soliai.

our d line depth is great i see him going to patriots or falcons

lol If we signed Solai we'd either cut or trade Sopoaga. Not much of an idea there unless we actually get a good compensation for Sopoaga..