There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ray Ratto First - Moss No Way!

Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Moss-Nothing-ventured-nothing-gained-for?blockID=667544&feedID=5884

Yes way! The reason they are bringing him in is to see if Randy and CK could work out. We all know CK has a cannon of an arm and if Alex wouldn't sign the offer, they'll go to the season with randy and CK, knowing they have a capable guy with Scott to take over if CK can't get it done. The 49ers are already have somebody at QB this coming draft that they would love to get in the later rounds to develop.

So what am I saying, they are prepared to move on without Smith if that Condon guy keeps running the show for AS. The reality is, Condon's counter offer does not make sense right now as far as guaranteed money is concerned. The 49ers already paid AS the money he has not lived up to for at least five years of his time with the 49ers and COndon is trying to get some outrageous cash without regard to the performance that AS showed the 49ers before 2011. This, no way!

It must be fun to live in your own reality.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
now.....breathe....

this
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Moss-Nothing-ventured-nothing-gained-for?blockID=667544&feedID=5884

Yes way! The reason they are bringing him in is to see if Randy and CK could work out. We all know CK has a cannon of an arm and if Alex wouldn't sign the offer, they'll go to the season with randy and CK, knowing they have a capable guy with Scott to take over if CK can't get it done. The 49ers are already have somebody at QB this coming draft that they would love to get in the later rounds to develop.

So what am I saying, they are prepared to move on without Smith if that Condon guy keeps running the show for AS. The reality is, Condon's counter offer does not make sense right now as far as guaranteed money is concerned. The 49ers already paid AS the money he has not lived up to for at least five years of his time with the 49ers and COndon is trying to get some outrageous cash without regard to the performance that AS showed the 49ers before 2011. This, no way!

LOL, there is NO chance the 49ers go with Kaepernick at qb next year. None. We almost went to the SB. With a kid trying to learn the nfl game from under center? Wed win 6 games.
MOSS is a Low risk High reward type of guy if he signs. I like how Baalke thinks baby!!
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
MOSS is a Low risk High reward type of guy if he signs. I like how Baalke thinks baby!!

They're using Moss to show Morgan that they are ready to move on without him if he doesn't play ball......wouldn't recommend holding your breath for the 49ers to sign Moss.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
MOSS is a Low risk High reward type of guy if he signs. I like how Baalke thinks baby!!

They're using Moss to show Morgan that they are ready to move on without him if he doesn't play ball......wouldn't recommend holding your breath for the 49ers to sign Moss.

I guess we will find that out once and if he signs buddy!
Originally posted by RDB4216:
So we will work out a lazy-a@@ like Randy Moss, but won't even consider Terrel Owens last year when we NEEDED a WR? F*ck that!

Like I said before, I love Coach to death, but his arrogance got the best of him before the NFCC game when he should have picked up Moss or TO or
both for two games, the NFCC and the Superbowl!
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Like I said before, I love Coach to death, but his arrogance got the best of him before the NFCC game when he should have picked up Moss or TO or
both for two games, the NFCC and the Superbowl!

explain one thing then

if vernon couldnt even get the offense till week 10 or 11 of reg season

how would moss or TO pick it up in a few weeks?
Originally posted by Schulzy:
I would have hoped the Niners would have learned form going the cheap route in FA last year at WR. I fear they will be doing the same again. Moss cannot be the centerpiece of their makeover at receiver. He's too volatile, too old, too many question marks.

I know FA hasn't started yet, but I am fearing that we'll have Josh Johnson throwing to Randy Moss, Michael Crabtree, Ted Ginn, and Kyle Williams next year. And that's not a good thing.

Good god will people give up the idea on Josh Johnson already
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Like I said before, I love Coach to death, but his arrogance got the best of him before the NFCC game when he should have picked up Moss or TO or
both for two games, the NFCC and the Superbowl!

explain one thing then

if vernon couldnt even get the offense till week 10 or 11 of reg season

how would moss or TO pick it up in a few weeks?

Because both Randy Moss AND T.O. played out of a WC-system for almost 90% of their careers.
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
So we will work out a lazy-a@@ like Randy Moss, but won't even consider Terrel Owens last year when we NEEDED a WR? F*ck that!

Like I said before, I love Coach to death, but his arrogance got the best of him before the NFCC game when he should have picked up Moss or TO or
both for two games, the NFCC and the Superbowl!
They aren't punt returners
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Moss-Nothing-ventured-nothing-gained-for?blockID=667544&feedID=5884

Yes way! The reason they are bringing him in is to see if Randy and CK could work out. We all know CK has a cannon of an arm and if Alex wouldn't sign the offer, they'll go to the season with randy and CK, knowing they have a capable guy with Scott to take over if CK can't get it done. The 49ers are already have somebody at QB this coming draft that they would love to get in the later rounds to develop.

So what am I saying, they are prepared to move on without Smith if that Condon guy keeps running the show for AS. The reality is, Condon's counter offer does not make sense right now as far as guaranteed money is concerned. The 49ers already paid AS the money he has not lived up to for at least five years of his time with the 49ers and COndon is trying to get some outrageous cash without regard to the performance that AS showed the 49ers before 2011. This, no way!

Yeah.

1 good year doesn't make up for prior poor pay, regardless of whether you want to throw the rest of the team and organization under the bus as an excuse.

Many QBs have had 1 good season, forked over a s**t load of money, and got burned. The same people laughing at the Sanchez deal will be laughing if we give Smith a s**t load of money.

As for Moss, might as well as we are the hospice of WRs, where WRs go to die.

Totally agree. One good year, that is all. To top it off a report of him checking out the Cards facilities(Frisbee contest) haaaa.. I say; GO THE F&&K AWAY SMITH..!
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Mar 11, 2012 at 10:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Moss-Nothing-ventured-nothing-gained-for?blockID=667544&feedID=5884

Yes way! The reason they are bringing him in is to see if Randy and CK could work out. We all know CK has a cannon of an arm and if Alex wouldn't sign the offer, they'll go to the season with randy and CK, knowing they have a capable guy with Scott to take over if CK can't get it done. The 49ers are already have somebody at QB this coming draft that they would love to get in the later rounds to develop.

So what am I saying, they are prepared to move on without Smith if that Condon guy keeps running the show for AS. The reality is, Condon's counter offer does not make sense right now as far as guaranteed money is concerned. The 49ers already paid AS the money he has not lived up to for at least five years of his time with the 49ers and COndon is trying to get some outrageous cash without regard to the performance that AS showed the 49ers before 2011. This, no way!

Yeah.

1 good year doesn't make up for prior poor pay, regardless of whether you want to throw the rest of the team and organization under the bus as an excuse.

Many QBs have had 1 good season, forked over a s**t load of money, and got burned. The same people laughing at the Sanchez deal will be laughing if we give Smith a s**t load of money.

As for Moss, might as well as we are the hospice of WRs, where WRs go to die.

Totally agree. One good year, that is all. To top it off a report of him checking out the Cards facilities(Frisbee contest) haaaa.. I say; GO THE F&&K AWAY SMITH..!

posts like these tell me most here dont have any idea on how a contract is negotiated...i dont either but i know enough to know that there is no way the niners negotiations with smith are prermised on the fact that we paid you alot in the past, and didnt get what we wanted, therefore were going to offer you less now....

the focus i believe is what value the alex smith of 2011 has to the niners for future seasons
  • dmax
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,146
Why would you want a 36 yr old randy moss...no way 49ers