There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ray Ratto First - Moss No Way!

Originally posted by sfout:

Alex Smith in the 20 or so games since we fired Jimmy Raye.....

28 TDs
8 INTs
4400 yards

thats just the last year and half. even in both 2009 and 2010 while battling injuries and Singletary benching him for Troy Smith, Alex was a top15 QB in the league. He has plenty of success before JH, its not his fault that the team as whole underperformed

the first 2/3rds of his career were marred by injuries and more dumb coaching buts its clear that since 2009 Alex has turned a corner and everyone on this forum is too jaded to see it.
I agree with you 100%. I too have made the same claim, but it doesn't matter what we say, someone will have counter stats. Stats that are IMO, bias and moot at best. To the closed minded folk, its a QB driven league, so to them everything is Alex's fault, instead of it being a team thing. Finally we get good coaching, Alex shows a lot of improvment but to the critics its not enough, they wanted to see 4000+ yards with 30+ tds and only 5 ints, otherwise he under acheived AGAIN, this is why normally I stay out of the Alex debates, no matter what Alex does It wont be good enough.
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Moss-Nothing-ventured-nothing-gained-for?blockID=667544&feedID=5884

Yes way! The reason they are bringing him in is to see if Randy and CK could work out. We all know CK has a cannon of an arm and if Alex wouldn't sign the offer, they'll go to the season with randy and CK, knowing they have a capable guy with Scott to take over if CK can't get it done. The 49ers are already have somebody at QB this coming draft that they would love to get in the later rounds to develop.

So what am I saying, they are prepared to move on without Smith if that Condon guy keeps running the show for AS. The reality is, Condon's counter offer does not make sense right now as far as guaranteed money is concerned. The 49ers already paid AS the money he has not lived up to for at least five years of his time with the 49ers and COndon is trying to get some outrageous cash without regard to the performance that AS showed the 49ers before 2011. This, no way!

u sound like a huge alex smith hater!
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
What?! Ya'll wanted a deep threat! If he shows some of his old speed, let it roll. I would be a year of sitting home and some mounting financial obligations may be enough to quiet him a little. Heck, its humbled T.O. I think.

The way I see it, Crabtree, Moss, a decent draft pick and Kyle Williams (Shhhh!) and we are probably in better shape than we started last year. I think Morgan is as good as gone. Moss at the right price is a great idea.

All that sound great minus the kyle williams, you're off the mark on that one playboy
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
kaep has a good arm but his deep ball accuracy is horrible

And we know this how? Also, is Alex a great deep ball qb? I was stating Moss has made some bad throws look better than they were. He made culpepper look like a much better qb than he really was. A good receiver can make a good qb look great and vice versa. This is a win win situation no matter who our qb is next season.
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
And we know this how? Also, is Alex a great deep ball qb? I was stating Moss has made some bad throws look better than they were. He made culpepper look like a much better qb than he really was. A good receiver can make a good qb look great and vice versa. This is a win win situation no matter who our qb is next season.

from college
and alex is decent not horrible not great (he got a lot better as year went on)
but i think he will be a lot better with a deep threat we dont have one atm and i dont think moss is a deep threat not at 35 years old
If we sign moss he doesn't have to be a #1, Hell be cheap and we can still bring in other guys. It's a real low risk high reward.
I was really hoping Morgan would resign with us. He's such an underrated blocker, which is pretty important in the Niner offense.

Moss, he's worth a flier if he doesn't ask for a ton. He may quit on some routes, but even at his age, I still think he can stretch the field a bit for us.
If we resign Morgan and sign moss, would we still need to get a real number one wr? I think so
from college
and alex is decent not horrible not great (he got a lot better as year went on)
but i think he will be a lot better with a deep threat we dont have one atm and i dont think moss is a deep threat not at 35 years old

College? Are we talking about college? I'm talking about the NFL. Alex is mediocre when throwing deep to the outside receivers, he is ok when throwing deep to the the inside. We know this by what he has done in his 7 years in the NFL. We haven't seen Kaep throw many if any deep passes in the NFL. Back to moss though since this is a moss thread, the saints were raving about his speed, route running and catching ability. He may be 35, but if he has the same ability his age shouldn't matter. Eg. Darrell Green, brett favre, jerry rice........
Originally posted by elguapo:
If we resign Morgan and sign moss, would we still need to get a real number one wr? I think so

i agree; I think we'd draft a future #1 still.

Depth chart would look something like:

Crabtree
Moss
Morgan
Rookie
KR/PR
That this and then maybe so.
I dont listen to Ratto the Hutt
A rolling donut gathers no Moss

damn is it me or does he look like reid
damn is it me or does he look like reid