LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

If the Cap ends up being $120m, we'll have $33m in cap space after cutting Spencer

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So as long as Alex has a halfway decent number, we should still be in very good position to sign Rogers back, right? If not, we should certainly be able to throw some money at someone like Vincent Jackson and still comfortably sign all rookies if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly.
I really hope we can get a long term deal done with Goldson. Also, depending on how much money is left over, I wouldn't mind extending Bowman if we could.
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:
So as long as Alex has a halfway decent number, we should still be in very good position to sign Rogers back, right? If not, we should certainly be able to throw some money at someone like Vincent Jackson and still comfortably sign all rookies if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly.

i think we waited to sign alex till the cap numbers were announced smart move
If we give Smith 8-10 mil a year, I'll puke...
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
If we give Smith 8-10 mil a year, I'll puke...

why he's been a top 15 QB for the past 3 seasons, even though he only played in 11 games in both 09 and 10 due to injury and Singletary's moronic idea of putting in Troy Smith.

Comparing him 2 of the more recent 6 year $60M deals....

Smith deserves $8M a year hands down. Since 2009......
7864 yards
49 TDs
27 INTs
avg QB rating of 84
games played 38

Fitzpatrick since 09
8254 yards
56 TDs
48 INTs
avg qb rating of 76
games played 39

Cassel since 09
7753 yards
53 TDs
32 INTs
avg qb rating of 79
games played 39

market value dictates thats what he is worth. whether we pay him or not, teams will look at the past 3 years when evaluating him, not just 2011. He'll get a better offer then 3 years $24M even if its Baalke and Condon meeting in the middle for a 4 or 5 year deal with $40M, besides its a Per Year Average of $8M-10M that Alex deserves but that wont stop us from giving him a signing bonus and a low base salary of $2.5M to go against the cap like we did with Brooks.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 12, 2012 at 7:04 AM ]
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
^^^^^That just means Buffalo and KC overpaid, which is exactly the argument Baalke is making.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:
^^^^^That just means Buffalo and KC overpaid, which is exactly the argument Baalke is making.

Fitz got a 7 year $62M deal or 8.8 per year average. i'm not saying Alex deserves a $60M deal I'm saying based on his play compared to theirs and yes the fact that they overpaid means that Alex deserves a 4 year deal worth $36-40M or 8M average. but like I said as well I bet they agree on a super low base salary of $2.5 or 3M and big signing bonus that doesnt count against the cap, like they did with Brooks.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 12, 2012 at 7:10 AM ]
As long as it's a 3 year deal, 8-10 million doesn't bother me. 3 years doesn't handcuff us as much as the guaranteed money over a 5 year deal would.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
As long as it's a 3 year deal, 8-10 million doesn't bother me. 3 years doesn't handcuff us as much as the guaranteed money over a 5 year deal would.

exactly do a 4 year deal with the final year being voidable and boom everyones happy. :D
He doesn't deserve 8-10 mil a year regardless of the contract. Was he efficient this year? Yes. Because our D was incredible and we would pound you in the running game. He hasn't shown the #s that an 8-10 mil a year QB should get. He has taken us to the cleaners for most of the years he has worn this uniform. If he won't negotiate down so that we can sign other players and get more weapons around him then let him walk. My faith is with Harbaugh and whoever are QB is.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
How in the heck are the Redskins $31.1 million UNDER? They foolishly spend like $100 million on some dumb FA every year. How do they do it?....

They cut all those guys after they realized they dumped a bunch of money into an overrated player, and all the guaranteed money is paid in the first season or 2 I believe, lol

So I guess they aren't really hurting their cap that bad then. Amazing.

ohh yes they are they aint gettting a way with anything they are f*cked!!!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7677375/sources-dallas-cowboys-washington-redskins-lose-46m-total-cap-space
Share 49ersWebzone