There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If the Cap ends up being $120m, we'll have $33m in cap space after cutting Spencer

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by dhp318:
does the 18M include what we have to set aside for rookie contracts?

no, but that will be offset by Spencer's release.

Then there is Haralson, he will be asked to cut his salary or be cut.

I like Haralson enough to say keep him but I'm very intrigued to see who we'd sign and draft replace him and finally add a 4th OLB.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/11/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-march-11/

updated salary cap numbers

Bengals: $49.9 million under.

Broncos: $44.7 million under.

Buccaneers: $42.7 million under.

Jaguars: $40.6 million under.

Chiefs: $32.5 million under.

Redskins: $31.1 million under.

Bills: $30.8 million under.

Seahawks: $29.8 million under.

Titans: $28.1 million under.

Bears: $22.6 million under.

49ers: $21.8 million under.

Browns: $17.4 million under.

Patriots: $16.2 million under.

Chargers: $14.9 million under.

Ravens: $14.45 million under.

Dolphins: $11.8 million under.

Colts: $11.6 million under.

Steelers: $10.5 million under.

Eagles: $9.6 million under.

Vikings: $7.9 million under.

Jets: $7.1 million under.

Falcons: $5.8 million under.

Packers: $5.4 million under.

Saints: $5.2 million under.

Cowboys: $4.7 million under.

Rams: $1.2 million under.

Giants: $3.8 million over.

Texans: $4.7 million over.

Panthers: $5.3 million over.

Raiders: $7.4 million over.

Lions: $11.5 million over.

Cardinals: $16.4 million over.
[ Edited by Tru2RedNGold25 on Mar 11, 2012 at 10:12 PM ]
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/11/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-march-11/

how do the Cardinals plan on getting Manning if they are 16.4 million over?
Does that PFT thing count the capspace we are going to carry over from this last year? Also we will save money when we part ways with Spencer, so we will have about 3 mill more than that. Either way I would like a little bit more space than that so we can bring back more of our guys and make a key addition or 2 at WR or on the OLine. Or if we need to replace Rogers.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Does that PFT thing count the capspace we are going to carry over from this last year? Also we will save money when we part ways with Spencer, so we will have about 3 mill more than that. Either way I would like a little bit more space than that so we can bring back more of our guys and make a key addition or 2 at WR or on the OLine. Or if we need to replace Rogers.

Yep they count carryovers. Some of the numbers aren't updated with Sanchez restructure/extension, and Vikes releasing Griffin, Hutchinson and Herrera.
I love it the cards really paid out so much for Fitzgerald kolb dockett and co they really shouldn't be that strapped bc they don't have many good players. Hahahahaha I love it? If they sign manning they will have to release others
Originally posted by elguapo:
I love it the cards really paid out so much for Fitzgerald kolb dockett and co they really shouldn't be that strapped bc they don't have many good players. Hahahahaha I love it? If they sign manning they will have to release others

Yeah I remember back when everyone was jizzing themselves for Kolb I said he was going to get overpaid, not any better than Alex, and will handicap a team. I was right, luckily for us.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Yep they count carryovers. Some of the numbers aren't updated with Sanchez restructure/extension, and Vikes releasing Griffin, Hutchinson and Herrera.

So after Spencer we will be at like 24 mill in room still? That's not going to be enough to get all our guys signed IMO.
How in the heck are the Redskins $31.1 million UNDER? They foolishly spend like $100 million on some dumb FA every year. How do they do it?....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
How in the heck are the Redskins $31.1 million UNDER? They foolishly spend like $100 million on some dumb FA every year. How do they do it?....

They cut all those guys after they realized they dumped a bunch of money into an overrated player, and all the guaranteed money is paid in the first season or 2 I believe, lol
I'm pleased that the Niners opted to rework Willis' cap number this year to absorb a higher hit and give better cap relief in the future years of the contract. Read that Willis will receive 17mil this year and that the Niners were able to absorb it more this year so that they will have more room in the future years. I always tend to agree with front loaded contracts if it'll help the team out in the long run.
Originally posted by Bootlegger:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

how do the Cardinals plan on getting Manning if they are 16.4 million over?

they can save about 14 mil by cutting levi brown before tuesday
Originally posted by crabman82:
they can save about 14 mil by cutting levi brown before tuesday

They can save like 8 more if they cut Kolb in that timespan as well.

They cut all those guys after they realized they dumped a bunch of money into an overrated player, and all the guaranteed money is paid in the first season or 2 I believe, lol

So I guess they aren't really hurting their cap that bad then. Amazing.

So I guess they aren't really hurting their cap that bad then. Amazing.

Exactly. They just hurt Dan Snyder's wallet, but since his wallet is like a clown car with an infinite amount of money inside of it, they're always fine. As long as you get the guaranteed money out of the way early, I don't believe you have much of a cap hit when you release the player. Also those type of contracts are more enticing for the player to sign because they know they're going to get that money. I could be wrong but this is what it seems like to me.