LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

If the Cap ends up being $120m, we'll have $33m in cap space after cutting Spencer

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We won't sign Rogers or a big name WR IMO.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
I went to Niner Cap Hell and added up all players on contract -- they have the new Brooks and Spillman #s...that's $107m, $113m with Goldson's tag. Niner Cap Hell is really accurate.

Yes, it is really accurate...because it was created by AB83Rules.
Originally posted by sfout:
you can subtract a couple mill from that #. Will Tukuafu just got a 2 year extension.

According to Maiocco he is getting no guaranteed money and base salaries which are like 450k maybe??? So 2 years would be under 1 million
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 9, 2012 at 3:18 AM ]
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Lee also likely waits, he doesn't make much in base and bonus, which is already paid out when he signed his deal back in 2006 or 2007, can't remember which year, but he was signed to an offer sheet by Steelers, then we matched.

Thu, 08 Mar 2007 Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have signed restricted free agent P Andy Lee (49ers) to a six-year, $7.1 million offer sheet. The deal includes $1.66 million to sign.

I remember when this happened... thank god the Steelers went cheap. So yeah Andy Lee is not getting nearly what he deserves and probably has very little to restructure/extend to save on the cap. His next contract we should give him 5-6 years at probably 3-3.5 a year... or if we go shorter years Lechler got 4 years, 16 million. I expect top dollar for what punters get and I hope we give him a big signing bonus. He has been well worth that last deal.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 9, 2012 at 3:24 AM ]
I can't believe the NFL hasn't figured out the cap with free agency is around the corner.
This is Nice

It's great to discuss how much money we have to play with , it' wasnt that long ago we were over the cap and didnt have the money to sign anybody and had holes EVERYWHERE on the roster,

Now we have a roster filled with talented players and money to spend ....I'm loving this
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
I can't believe the NFL hasn't figured out the cap with free agency is around the corner.

Its not like there's a potential variation of 10-30 million dollars.....we're talking a few million dollars difference at best.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

They have been working on it and its supposed to be out todya
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
This is Nice

It's great to discuss how much money we have to play with , it' wasnt that long ago we were over the cap and didnt have the money to sign anybody and had holes EVERYWHERE on the roster,

Now we have a roster filled with talented players and money to spend ....I'm loving this
the other nice thing is that aside from the wide out spot and maybe a corner back depending on rogers, we really only have to concern ourselves with getting some good backup players. i remember the days of yore when we struggled to find starters that were nfl quality let alone starters.remember we got this way cuz wee did not go nuts and spend spend the last two years and I am sure that is still the blueprint.i hope people do not go insane in the first two days when we do not make a big splash
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
jesus, i met to say let alone backups, sorry

I only trust AB83's numbers
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
agree. AB is the brain of spock
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Footballoutsiders.com agrees with me:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/under-cap/2012/under-cap-nfc-west-cap-overview
nevermind,not gonna argue this one anymore
[ Edited by valrod33 on Mar 9, 2012 at 11:29 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
nevermind,not gonna argue this one anymore

So Footballoutsiders.com agrees with me.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/under-cap/2012/under-cap-nfc-west-cap-overview
Share 49ersWebzone