There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If the Cap ends up being $120m, we'll have $33m in cap space after cutting Spencer

If the Cap ends up being $120m, we'll have $33m in cap space after cutting Spencer

I came to that number by carrying forward the $17m we didn't spend in 2011 -- it's a one-time carry forward clause. That's a lot of cap room, and I think we should use it to restructure some contracts, give Soap a new contract, give Andy Lee a new Contract, and bring some of Vernon Davis' salary forward to this year.

Looking at outyears, we do not have a lot of committments...so that means we *have* to spend money in 2012 or lose the cap space. As a result, I expect us to sig na big-name free agent Wide Receiver, re-sign Smith, and re-sign Carlos Rogers.
Did you factor in the guys we have re-signed so far and Goldsons franchise tag? Cuz i think you are off and im pretty sure there is a thread on this somewhere
Originally posted by valrod33:
Did you factor in the guys we have re-signed so far and Goldsons franchise tag? Cuz i think you are off and im pretty sure there is a thread on this somewhere

That includes Brooks, who has a very low 2012 figure. Also, Willis has a huge $17.5m cap hit in 2012.

I expect us to re-work as many contracts as possible to soak up our cap room this year, then sign Smith, Rogers, and a FA WR with whatever's left.
This is from our very own AB

I have us at $21.567M under the cap, thats with a projected $123.375M cap. I have taken into consideration the following. Brooks' 6yr extension, with a $2.85M cap figure Spillman's 3yr extension with a $1.08M cap figure Goldson's franchise tag of $6.2M Brock's 1yr EFA tender of $540K Tukuafu's 1yr EFA tender of $465K Grant's projected 2nd-round RFA tender of $1.927M The cap space will be between $19.567M and $23.567M depending on the cap limit(between $120M and $125M) As for releases, I don't take into consideration Spencer or Haralson releases. If we cut Spencer, we would actually save $2.91M due to him being replaced on the top 51 rule with a player making $390K. Same would go with Haralson, which would save $2.36M. Haralson has 300K in offseason bonuses, and Spencer 100K in offseason bonuses, but they would come off the books due to not earning them. That would increase our cap room by $5.27M.




Your number is way too high based on this we are gonna have about $19.56M before cuts or restructuring


Most rpeorts have the cap being close to last years total, so closer to the 120M
Eric Branch ‏ @Eric_Branch Expected to be close to 2011 << RT @brian_mcintyre: #NFL Teams To Receive 2012 Salary Cap Numbers This Week http://www.macsfootballblog.com/2012/03/nfl-teams-to-receive-salary-cap-numbers.html
[ Edited by valrod33 on Mar 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM ]
Valrod is right, that 30M was before Brooks and Spillman's new deals, plus Goldson's franchise tag.

With adding in the tenders for Brock, Tukuafu and Grant I have the team at 21M with a 123M cap, or 19M with a 120M cap.

The only option to extend and lower a cap figure is Sopoaga, he has a 3.8M base salary, and they could lower that to around 825K, and extend for 3 or 4 more years. Bowman will have to wait. Lee also likely waits, he doesn't make much in base and bonus, which is already paid out when he signed his deal back in 2006 or 2007, can't remember which year, but he was signed to an offer sheet by Steelers, then we matched.

Spencer clears around 3.3M when cut, so that should bring us up around 22.3M.

Alex is kept, his salary has be 5M or lower, Rogers needs to be similar to Brooks, I'm saying 4M or lower. Costanzo would be in the same range as Spillman's 1.08M salary.

I think Morgan leaves, I have a feeling Jacksonville offers a 4M a yr deal, which is too much.

Snyder would stay at 3M a yr.

Ginn will test the waters, might not find much, but I think we could sign Eddie Royal for 5M a yr, and be as good if not better at Returner.
Originally posted by valrod33:
This is from our very own AB

I have us at $21.567M under the cap, thats with a projected $123.375M cap. I have taken into consideration the following. Brooks' 6yr extension, with a $2.85M cap figure Spillman's 3yr extension with a $1.08M cap figure Goldson's franchise tag of $6.2M Brock's 1yr EFA tender of $540K Tukuafu's 1yr EFA tender of $465K Grant's projected 2nd-round RFA tender of $1.927M The cap space will be between $19.567M and $23.567M depending on the cap limit(between $120M and $125M) As for releases, I don't take into consideration Spencer or Haralson releases. If we cut Spencer, we would actually save $2.91M due to him being replaced on the top 51 rule with a player making $390K. Same would go with Haralson, which would save $2.36M. Haralson has 300K in offseason bonuses, and Spencer 100K in offseason bonuses, but they would come off the books due to not earning them. That would increase our cap room by $5.27M.




Your number is way too high based on this we are gonna have about $19.56M before cuts or restructuring

Yep. I also have all my numbers calculated into a excel workbook, with Brooks, Spillman, Goldson, Grant, Brock and Tukuafu, and we are at 21M, but thats with a 123M cap. Also we only carried over 12.6M, the 16.87M was incorrect. It didn't include incentives achieved by Alex Smith(2.5M alone).
Originally posted by valrod33:
This is from our very own AB

I have us at $21.567M under the cap, thats with a projected $123.375M cap. I have taken into consideration the following. Brooks' 6yr extension, with a $2.85M cap figure Spillman's 3yr extension with a $1.08M cap figure Goldson's franchise tag of $6.2M Brock's 1yr EFA tender of $540K Tukuafu's 1yr EFA tender of $465K Grant's projected 2nd-round RFA tender of $1.927M The cap space will be between $19.567M and $23.567M depending on the cap limit(between $120M and $125M) As for releases, I don't take into consideration Spencer or Haralson releases. If we cut Spencer, we would actually save $2.91M due to him being replaced on the top 51 rule with a player making $390K. Same would go with Haralson, which would save $2.36M. Haralson has 300K in offseason bonuses, and Spencer 100K in offseason bonuses, but they would come off the books due to not earning them. That would increase our cap room by $5.27M.




Your number is way too high based on this we are gonna have about $19.56M before cuts or restructuring


Most rpeorts have the cap being close to last years total, so closer to the 120M
Eric Branch ‏ @Eric_Branch Expected to be close to 2011 << RT @brian_mcintyre: #NFL Teams To Receive 2012 Salary Cap Numbers This Week http://www.macsfootballblog.com/2012/03/nfl-teams-to-receive-salary-cap-numbers.html

umm, we get last year's unused cap money for 2012!
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by valrod33:
This is from our very own AB

I have us at $21.567M under the cap, thats with a projected $123.375M cap. I have taken into consideration the following. Brooks' 6yr extension, with a $2.85M cap figure Spillman's 3yr extension with a $1.08M cap figure Goldson's franchise tag of $6.2M Brock's 1yr EFA tender of $540K Tukuafu's 1yr EFA tender of $465K Grant's projected 2nd-round RFA tender of $1.927M The cap space will be between $19.567M and $23.567M depending on the cap limit(between $120M and $125M) As for releases, I don't take into consideration Spencer or Haralson releases. If we cut Spencer, we would actually save $2.91M due to him being replaced on the top 51 rule with a player making $390K. Same would go with Haralson, which would save $2.36M. Haralson has 300K in offseason bonuses, and Spencer 100K in offseason bonuses, but they would come off the books due to not earning them. That would increase our cap room by $5.27M.




Your number is way too high based on this we are gonna have about $19.56M before cuts or restructuring


Most rpeorts have the cap being close to last years total, so closer to the 120M
Eric Branch ‏ @Eric_Branch Expected to be close to 2011 << RT @brian_mcintyre: #NFL Teams To Receive 2012 Salary Cap Numbers This Week http://www.macsfootballblog.com/2012/03/nfl-teams-to-receive-salary-cap-numbers.html

umm, we get last year's unused cap money for 2012!

Ummm thats already been factored in in ABs post
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Valrod is right, that 30M was before Brooks and Spillman's new deals, plus Goldson's franchise tag.

With adding in the tenders for Brock, Tukuafu and Grant I have the team at 21M with a 123M cap, or 19M with a 120M cap.

The only option to extend and lower a cap figure is Sopoaga, he has a 3.8M base salary, and they could lower that to around 825K, and extend for 3 or 4 more years. Bowman will have to wait. Lee also likely waits, he doesn't make much in base and bonus, which is already paid out when he signed his deal back in 2006 or 2007, can't remember which year, but he was signed to an offer sheet by Steelers, then we matched.

Spencer clears around 3.3M when cut, so that should bring us up around 22.3M.

Alex is kept, his salary has be 5M or lower, Rogers needs to be similar to Brooks, I'm saying 4M or lower. Costanzo would be in the same range as Spillman's 1.08M salary.

I think Morgan leaves, I have a feeling Jacksonville offers a 4M a yr deal, which is too much.

Snyder would stay at 3M a yr.

Ginn will test the waters, might not find much, but I think we could sign Eddie Royal for 5M a yr, and be as good if not better at Returner.

not to jack this thread, and i know this is already being discussed in the Eddie Royal thread...but where does this idea come from and why do people believe it?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Yep. I also have all my numbers calculated into a excel workbook, with Brooks, Spillman, Goldson, Grant, Brock and Tukuafu, and we are at 21M, but thats with a 123M cap. Also we only carried over 12.6M, the 16.87M was incorrect. It didn't include incentives achieved by Alex Smith(2.5M alone).

I went to Niner Cap Hell and added up all players on contract -- they have the new Brooks and Spillman #s...that's $107m, $113m with Goldson's tag. Niner Cap Hell is really accurate.

We then get $17m from 2011...so subtract $17m from that. That puts us at $90m. With a $120m cap, that's $30m in space. Cut Spencer, you're at $33m in space. Add back in Goldson, you're at $27m.

So $27m to:
- tender Brock, Tukuafu and Grant
- give Smith a $8m - $10m deal
- Sign Rogers for $7m

That leaves us with $10m before signing any WRs. I'd like Eddie Royal, Josh Morgan, and a re-signed Soap!

You're insane if you think Alex is going to sign for $5m.
[ Edited by nickbradley on Mar 8, 2012 at 2:11 PM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Ummm thats already been factored in in ABs post

Its not
Originally posted by HessianDud:
not to jack this thread, and i know this is already being discussed in the Eddie Royal thread...but where does this idea come from and why do people believe it?

They're Called "statistics".
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
not to jack this thread, and i know this is already being discussed in the Eddie Royal thread...but where does this idea come from and why do people believe it?

They're Called "statistics".

go look at the return statistics for Royal and Ginn and then talk to me.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Ummm thats already been factored in in ABs post

Its not

Your numbers are off bro montana.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Your numbers are off bro montana.

Everyone on-contract = $107m, right?
Carry-over from 2011 is ~$17m, right?
Goldson costs $6.2m, right?
cutting spencer will save $3m, right?

What's the problem???