jerry rice on crabtree

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
yah keep hating bro.

Crabs put up 900 yards while missing 2 games, switching positions mid season to accomodate an injury to a team mate and playing on a bum foot for 75% of the season. Not to mention our offense wasn't exactly explosize, nor did we take too many shots down the field....

yah his 58 yards are game and 4 tds cant be replaced.

My bad, you're right,

I forgot our offense was a high flying pass attack with a QB known for taking risks and throwing outside the numbers on a regular basis and taking shots down the field and in the red zone. I also forgot how our coaches called tons of risky plays on 3rd downs and in the red zone that put Crabtree in a position to prove himself and he failed.

Crabtree is nothing but a over-glorified #3 receiver.

Do you see Crabtree getting open or getting deep? Alex has no problem hitting VD deep all the time.

There is a reason he never ran the 40 before the draft.
His broken foot
LOL, this is getting a little ridiculous. Can we please stop the Crabtree and Vernon comparison, yes Vernon far outperformed Crabs in the playoff, that is a given. That being said when I hear how much better Vernon is nobody seems to want to explain why Crabs had more catches, more yards and a better average while playing 2 less games and being gimpy. Not to mention the fact that Crabs has over 1000 yards more than Vernon at the same point in there careers. It was not until year 4 that Vernon became beast, lets hope to see a big jump for Crabs too.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
yah keep hating bro.

Crabs put up 900 yards while missing 2 games, switching positions mid season to accomodate an injury to a team mate and playing on a bum foot for 75% of the season. Not to mention our offense wasn't exactly explosize, nor did we take too many shots down the field....

My bad, you're right,

I forgot our offense was a high flying pass attack with a QB known for taking risks and throwing outside the numbers on a regular basis and taking shots down the field and in the red zone. I also forgot how our coaches called tons of risky plays on 3rd downs and in the red zone that put Crabtree in a position to prove himself and he failed.

Do you see Crabtree getting open or getting deep? Alex has no problem hitting VD deep all the time.

His broken foot

Yah it worked out well for him. I bet he probably runs a 4.7
I was invited to go to a game by connie sullivan, jerry sullivans wife, when he was here and I picked her brain the entire game. She told me that jerry was frustrated with crabtree because he had a terrible work ethic and half assed his routes in practice. On a side note this was a really cool experience, I got a field pass and got to meet the players at the hotel the night before the game and in the locker room after the game simply for recognizing jerry at a restaurant I worked at and putting him at our VIP table.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by harbaugh49:
I was invited to go to a game by connie sullivan, jerry sullivans wife, when he was here and I picked her brain the entire game. She told me that jerry was frustrated with crabtree because he had a terrible work ethic and half assed his routes in practice. On a side note this was a really cool experience, I got a field pass and got to meet the players at the hotel the night before the game and in the locker room after the game simply for recognizing jerry at a restaurant I worked at and putting him at our VIP table.

probably the same reason VD and him got into it.

I dont believe you
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

I dont believe you

lol this..

and I think Crabtree can be a very good #2 receiver but I dont think he'll ever be that stud #1 receiver we drafted him to be
that being said I still dont think he can be "easily replaced" like someone else said. He's the best wide receiver on the team right now but I hope that changes soon.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
lol this..

and I think Crabtree can be a very good #2 receiver but I dont think he'll ever be that stud #1 receiver we drafted him to be
that being said I still dont think he can be "easily replaced" like someone else said. He's the best wide receiver on the team right now but I hope that changes soon.

Well its true, she also told me he is making it a lot easier on her husband to retire after that year. She was blown away about how much a new about her husband when I met them and she had an extra ticket with nobody to go to the game. I got to sit next to her and tom rathmans hot wife
Originally posted by walker807:
LOL, this is getting a little ridiculous. Can we please stop the Crabtree and Vernon comparison, yes Vernon far outperformed Crabs in the playoff, that is a given. That being said when I hear how much better Vernon is nobody seems to want to explain why Crabs had more catches, more yards and a better average while playing 2 less games and being gimpy. Not to mention the fact that Crabs has over 1000 yards more than Vernon at the same point in there careers. It was not until year 4 that Vernon became beast, lets hope to see a big jump for Crabs too.
It makes sense to me...
yah keep hating bro.

My bad, you're right,

His broken foot

Yah it worked out well for him. I bet he probably runs a 4.7

hahahahaha i find this funny... the guy was watching crabtree and he didn't see seperation and he made the observation that it will need to be worked on he never said the guy has a bad work ethic he never said the guy was a diva it sounds like he just made an observation of the play by crabtree in the playoffs... which did drop down considerably...

craps. ...that's all i need to say. Put me down with sus, only double down.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
I still hate the guy

Crabtree I mean...selfish prick
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
If Crabtree adopted the JR training and workout regime, including that crazy hill routine, maybe Crabs could become 1/2 the receiver JR was.

Crabtree can't even adopt preseason let alone offseason...
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
yay another thread s**tting on our only good receiver.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
craps. ...that's all i need to say. Put me down with sus, only double down.
make it three with me
Share 49ersWebzone