LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 405 users in the forums

jerry rice on crabtree

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
Is it just me or did Jerry sounds really immature and annoying in that interview? He needs to get over his beef with Crabs. Don't take it personally that a shy 23 year old didn't reach out to you Jerry, the world doesn't revolve around you.

The shyness is just an excuse the fact is the dude is a diva and he's not even a very good player. If Im a player and the GOAT wants to help me I would listen.

Im looking forward to the day when Crabdouche is no longer a niner.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I would like to know how much does Jerry actually see of Crabtree practicing. Work ethic? Dude worked hard as a rookie while not even being on the team only to come in and instantly have success.

I just think it is stupid when all these ex-players make comments like this. Baalke said it himself that Crabtree did not practice due to his foot and they are going to try and take care of that once and for all in the offseason.
he didnt say anything about his work etthic

he said he needs to work harder on his route running which accrding to rice is sub par at the moment

The dude didn't practice because they wanted to make sure his foot doesn't eff up again. How is he supposed to work on his route running? Rice may as well be on the webzone spouting this bs.

Nonsense he's just isn't a team player
Originally posted by susweel:
Is it just me or did Jerry sounds really immature and annoying in that interview? He needs to get over his beef with Crabs. Don't take it personally that a shy 23 year old didn't reach out to you Jerry, the world doesn't revolve around you.

The shyness is just an excuse the fact is the dude is a diva and he's not even a very good player. If Im a player and the GOAT wants to help me I would listen.

That makes no sense dude. So Crabtree is really just a total dick who uses shyness as a way to cover up beign a diva? Have you ever seen a diva who didn't like talking?

Crabs is gonna break the f**k out this year and make both you and Jerry eat your words.

i agree. i think crabtree thinks he can be really good with out the JR training,which hasnt been the case. I mean cmon...the best player to ever touch a football is open to help you!!! i dont see why he wouldnt want Jerry's help

maybe he secretly hates Jerry Rice bc he grew up a cowboy fan
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Mar 7, 2012 at 10:20 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

That makes no sense dude. So Crabtree is really just a total dick who uses shyness as a way to cover up beign a diva? Have you ever seen a diva who didn't like talking?

Crabs is gonna break the f**k out this year and make both you and Jerry eat your words.

yah keep wishing bro.

Only time the dude will have decent year is when its a contract year. Guys like him are only playing for the money.

yah keep wishing bro.

Only time the dude will have decent year is when its a contract year. Guys like him are only playing for the money.
yah keep hating bro.

Crabs put up 900 yards while missing 2 games, switching positions mid season to accomodate an injury to a team mate and playing on a bum foot for 75% of the season. Not to mention our offense wasn't exactly explosize, nor did we take too many shots down the field....
yay another thread s**tting on our only good receiver.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
He is???????? Well tell him to get off of him
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
yah keep hating bro.

Crabs put up 900 yards while missing 2 games, switching positions mid season to accomodate an injury to a team mate and playing on a bum foot for 75% of the season. Not to mention our offense wasn't exactly explosize, nor did we take too many shots down the field....

yah his 58 yards are game and 4 tds cant be replaced.
He's just not as good as we hoped for. Jerry, 49ers fans in general, WZers, 49ers mgmt. All of us. He can lose all the weight he wants. It doesn't mean he will get faster. He might just lose muscle and get weaker. Losing muscle doesn't automatically make you faster. VD and Willis are plenty fast with muscle. Some guys are just fast. And other guys are not. I don't see a lot of explosion with Crab. I don't think he is "naturally fast." He can gain weight, lose weight, or stay the same. And I don't think he will ever be fast.

Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
yay another thread s**tting on our only good receiver.

This, but let's talk about Kyle Williams I love his ball handling abilities, really secures the ball well
yah keep hating bro.

My bad, you're right,

I forgot our offense was a high flying pass attack with a QB known for taking risks and throwing outside the numbers on a regular basis and taking shots down the field and in the red zone. I also forgot how our coaches called tons of risky plays on 3rd downs and in the red zone that put Crabtree in a position to prove himself and he failed.

Crabtree is nothing but a over-glorified #3 receiver.
I love Jerry, I will always cherish memories of watching him play. I love what he represents to Niner fans.

I don't give much weight to anything he says now. He is one of the worst former player turned analysts out there. Maybe Sapp is worse. He may have been the greatest receiver ever but I really think his over-all football IQ is lacking. The greatest Lawyer of all time might make a horrible law professor.
yah keep hating bro.

My bad, you're right,

I forgot our offense was a high flying pass attack with a QB known for taking risks and throwing outside the numbers on a regular basis and taking shots down the field and in the red zone. I also forgot how our coaches called tons of risky plays on 3rd downs and in the red zone that put Crabtree in a position to prove himself and he failed.

Do you see Crabtree getting open or getting deep? Alex has no problem hitting VD deep all the time.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
yah keep hating bro.

My bad, you're right,

Do you see Crabtree getting open or getting deep? Alex has no problem hitting VD deep all the time.

There is a reason he never ran the 40 before the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone