There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Dream (but realistic) 2012 Roster

Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
no thank you.

making Mike Wallace the highest paid offensive player on the team AND giving up a 1st rounder? Pass. No big splashes in FA, re-sign our guys, continue to draft well, and sign 2nd-tier players that fit our system and don't break the bank.

Mike Wallace or mike rumph/kwame harris/kentean balmer/RASHAUN WOODS

Normally I am with you but this is that unique situation
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by andes14:
The idea of the thread is for people to post what they'd like to see the roster look like next year, not to focus on the fact that in mine I don't want us to sign a bunch of guys from other teams and would like to see a mostly similar roster with just a few tweaks.
Okay
QB- manning, smith, map, tolzien
HB- gore, tolbert, hunter
FB- miller/
WR- Wayne, Wallace, garcon, crabtree, Morgan, royal, hill
TE- davis, clark, fleener, walker
OL- staley, iupati, goodwin(this spell checked to goldson lol), nicks, davis
Boone, snyder, kilgore

DL- smith, sopoaga, Mario Williams, ray mg, RJF, TUKUAFU, williams
OLB- alldone, bowman, willis, brooks, dobbs, costanzo, gooden, hatalson
Cb- rogers, Finnegan, Gulliver, brown, brock, spencer
S- Whitner, goldson, jones, spillman

ST lee, akers, jennings

Dobbs really OLB


but other then that approved
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
Dobbs really OLB


but other then that approved
I really like him(no homo) but with the Williams addition there was no spotforhim so one was created. Him and Mario can switch though. Think about it 2 DEs that can stand up and 2 OLB that can put there hand in the dirt.


If this were to happen I think j would do something really REALLY gay.
Another shot:

QB (3)- Smith, Kap, Tolzien/late pick
HB (3)- Gore, Hunter, Dixon/late pick
FB (1)- Miller
WR (5)- Moss, Crab, 1st round pick, Ginn (c'mon!), K. Williams
TE (4)- Davis, Walker, Byham/late pick, Jennings
OL (9)- Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, FA (L. Davis?), Davis, Boone, Kilgore, Person, 2nd round C/G (this could mean dressing 3 backup o-linemen: Boone, Kilgore, and the rookie to be a backup at center)
DL (7)- J. Smith, Sope, RayMac, RJF, Tukuafu, Dobbs, I. Williams
LB (9)- A. Smith, Bowman, Willis, Brooks, P. Haralson (re-done contract), Gooden, 4rd round OLB, 5th round ILB
CB (5)- Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Cox, Brock
S (5)- Goldson, Whitner, 3rd round pick, Spillman, Jones
K (1)- Akers
P (1)- Lee
I'm pretty happy with the roster thus far. 58 players under contract(including Cartwright), and 2 Tenders(Goldson and Grant).

So far roster is like this

QB- Kaepernick/ Tolzien
RB- Gore/ Hunter/ Dixon/ Cartwright
FB- Miller
WR- Crabtree/ Moss/ Williams/ Matthews/ Bogan/ Hastings
TE- Davis/ Walker/ Byham/ Reuland
C- Goodwin/ Beeler
OG- Iupati/ Kilgore/ Person/ Chisolm
OT- Staley/ Davis/ Boone/ Hall/ Wiggins

DE- Smith/ McDonald/ Tukuafu/ Dobbs
NT- Sopoaga/ Jean Francois/ Williams
OLB- Aldon/ Brooks/ Haralson/ Wilhoite
ILB- Willis/ Bowman/ Gooden/ Grant
CB- Rogers/ Brown/ Culliver/ Cox/ Brock/ Nelms/ Holcomb
FS- Goldson/ Jones/ LeGree
SS- Whitner/ Spillman

K- Akers
P- Lee
LS- Jennings/ Pontbriand/ Nelson
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I'm pretty happy with the roster thus far. 58 players under contract(including Cartwright), and 2 Tenders(Goldson and Grant).

So far roster is like this

QB- Kaepernick/ Tolzien
RB- Gore/ Hunter/ Dixon/ Cartwright
FB- Miller
WR- Crabtree/ Moss/ Williams/ Matthews/ Bogan/ Hastings
TE- Davis/ Walker/ Byham/ Reuland
C- Goodwin/ Beeler
OG- Iupati/ Kilgore/ Person/ Chisolm
OT- Staley/ Davis/ Boone/ Hall/ Wiggins

DE- Smith/ McDonald/ Tukuafu/ Dobbs
NT- Sopoaga/ Jean Francois/ Williams
OLB- Aldon/ Brooks/ Haralson/ Wilhoite
ILB- Willis/ Bowman/ Gooden/ Grant
CB- Rogers/ Brown/ Culliver/ Cox/ Brock/ Nelms/ Holcomb
FS- Goldson/ Jones/ LeGree
SS- Whitner/ Spillman

K- Akers
P- Lee
LS- Jennings/ Pontbriand/ Nelson


FINALLY, SOMEBODY ELSE WHO AGREES THAT LeGREE SHOULD BE ON THE ROSTER.
I dont think Goldson is tendered btw, I think Brock got the tender .

Check out my mock though. http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/164324-martysofreshs-mock-10/
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I'm pretty happy with the roster thus far. 58 players under contract(including Cartwright), and 2 Tenders(Goldson and Grant).

So far roster is like this

QB- Kaepernick/ Tolzien
RB- Gore/ Hunter/ Dixon/ Cartwright
FB- Miller
WR- Crabtree/ Moss/ Williams/ Matthews/ Bogan/ Hastings
TE- Davis/ Walker/ Byham/ Reuland
C- Goodwin/ Beeler
OG- Iupati/ Kilgore/ Person/ Chisolm
OT- Staley/ Davis/ Boone/ Hall/ Wiggins

DE- Smith/ McDonald/ Tukuafu/ Dobbs
NT- Sopoaga/ Jean Francois/ Williams
OLB- Aldon/ Brooks/ Haralson/ Wilhoite
ILB- Willis/ Bowman/ Gooden/ Grant
CB- Rogers/ Brown/ Culliver/ Cox/ Brock/ Nelms/ Holcomb
FS- Goldson/ Jones/ LeGree
SS- Whitner/ Spillman

K- Akers
P- Lee
LS- Jennings/ Pontbriand/ Nelson


FINALLY, SOMEBODY ELSE WHO AGREES THAT LeGREE SHOULD BE ON THE ROSTER.
I dont think Goldson is tendered btw, I think Brock got the tender .

Check out my mock though. http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/164324-martysofreshs-mock-10/

I like LeGree, would be a nice safety to develop more. Could easily keep 6 Safeties again this year.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I like LeGree, would be a nice safety to develop more. Could easily keep 6 Safeties again this year.

No chance we keep 6 safeties IMO.
My dream roster.

QB- 18 Peyton Manning, 7 Colin Kaepernick, 3 Scott Tolzien
RB- 21 Frank Gore, 32 Kendall Hunter, Rookie Draftee
FB- 49 Bruce Miller
WR- 84 Randy Moss, 82 Mario Manningham, Rookie Draftee
WR- 15 Michael Crabtree, 19 Ted Ginn Jr(probably wont happen now)
TE- 85 Vernon Davis, 46 Delanie Walker, 88 Konrad Reuland
C- 59 Jonathan Goodwin
LG- 77 Mike Iupati
RG- 67 Daniel Kilgore, Rookie Draftee
RT- 76 Anthony Davis
LT- 74 Joe Staley
OT- 75 Alex Boone
OG/OT- 78 Mike Person

DE- 94 Justin Smith, 92 Will Tukuafu
NT- 90 Isaac Sopoaga, 95 Ricky Jean Francois, 93 Ian Williams
DE- 91 Ray McDonald, 96 Demarcus Dobbs
OLB- 55 Ahmad Brooks, 99 Aldon Smith, 98 Parys Haralson(at paycut), Rookie
ILB- 52 Patrick Willis, 53 NaVorro Bowman, 54 Larry Grant, 56 Tavares Gooden
CB- 22 Carlos Rogers, 25 Tarell Brown, 29 Chris Culliver, Perrish Cox, Rookie
FS- 38 Dashon Goldson, Rookie, 43 Colin Jones
SS- 31 Donte Whitner, 27 C.J. Spillman

PK- 2 David Akers
P- 4 Andy Lee
LS- 86 Brian Jennings
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
My dream roster.

QB- 18 Peyton Manning, 7 Colin Kaepernick, 3 Scott Tolzien
RB- 21 Frank Gore, 32 Kendall Hunter, Rookie Draftee
FB- 49 Bruce Miller
WR- 84 Randy Moss, 82 Mario Manningham, Rookie Draftee
WR- 15 Michael Crabtree, 19 Ted Ginn Jr(probably wont happen now)
TE- 85 Vernon Davis, 46 Delanie Walker, 88 Konrad Reuland
C- 59 Jonathan Goodwin
LG- 77 Mike Iupati
RG- 67 Daniel Kilgore, Rookie Draftee
RT- 76 Anthony Davis
LT- 74 Joe Staley
OT- 75 Alex Boone
OG/OT- 78 Mike Person

DE- 94 Justin Smith, 92 Will Tukuafu
NT- 90 Isaac Sopoaga, 95 Ricky Jean Francois, 93 Ian Williams
DE- 91 Ray McDonald, 96 Demarcus Dobbs
OLB- 55 Ahmad Brooks, 99 Aldon Smith, 98 Parys Haralson(at paycut), Rookie
ILB- 52 Patrick Willis, 53 NaVorro Bowman, 54 Larry Grant, 56 Tavares Gooden
CB- 22 Carlos Rogers, 25 Tarell Brown, 29 Chris Culliver, Perrish Cox, Rookie
FS- 38 Dashon Goldson, Rookie, 43 Colin Jones
SS- 31 Donte Whitner, 27 C.J. Spillman

PK- 2 David Akers
P- 4 Andy Lee
LS- 86 Brian Jennings
That is a good looking roster, a realistic one at that.
Alright let's take another crack at this. If DeCastro is on the board in the early 20's, I say we trade our 2nd round pick to move up and get him.

QB (3)- Smith, Kap, Johnson (Tolzien to PS)
HB (4)- Gore, Hunter, Cartwright, Dixon/late pick
FB (1)- Miller
WR (5)- Crab, Moss, Manningham, Ginn, Williams
TE (4)- Davis, Walker, Byham/late pick, Jennings
OL (9)- Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, DeCastro, Davis, Boone, Kilgore, Person, 5th round interior OL
DL (7)- J. Smith, Sope, RayMac, RJF, Dobbs, Tukuafu, I. Williams
LB (8)- A. Smith, Willis, Bowman, Brooks, Haralson (lower cap #), Grant, Gooden, 4th round OLB
CB (5)- Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Brock, Cox
S (5)- Goldson, Whitner, 3rd round FS, Spillman, Jones
K (1)- Akers
P (1)- Lee

Would also be down to not have Cartwright on the roster and carry Tolzien as a 4th QB on the active roster.