There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will we resign Justin Smith when he becomes a FA?

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
depends

if we win a SB

he might retire

35, SB win, and a load of money

what more would he need

Kate Upton
She will be fat and ugly by then
Justin Smith is a straight football player. I see this guy playing for a long time. After winning a SB with us, he'll sign on for a 1-2 year deal at least once after 2014 until he decides to retire. this guy is a 49er for life.
no way he'll be too old
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Mar 3, 2012 at 4:02 PM ]
Originally posted by aman49:
depends

if we win a SB

he might retire

what more would he need

Kate Upton

You take that back!
Read this now, believe it later...
Justin Smith will have an even better season this year. The 9ers defense does not need any stink'n bounties for motivation. They are naturally badass...
To the rest of the NFL...eat mud muthaf....ers.
I see no evidence he is slowing down and I have little reason to think he's going to slow down that much. His game is mostly power based. That old man strength. We'll address it when the time comes. Guy has never missed a game IIRC as well. I bet he ends up playing well into his late 30's...
I don't think so. It depends on his performance. But after 2013 that would be his 14th season. That's a lot for a defensive end but if he wants to play and he can still
get the job done, sign him up.
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
I don't think so. It depends on his performance. But after 2013 that would be his 14th season. That's a lot for a defensive end but if he wants to play and he can still
get the job done, sign him up.

Smith not only played a lot of years. He has played a lot of downs. I'll bet he has played more downs than anyone since he came into the league.
Originally posted by aman49:
depends

if we win a SB

he might retire

what more would he need

Kate Upton

Still would hit it

She is gonna turn into a "Stacy's mom" best belie dat!
Justin is scheduled to make 7.5 mil in 2013. I'm thinking he will be open to a 3 year restructuring next year... with that final 3rd year being likely bogus.

Justin won't want to go anywhere else or hang em up... so that's what I am thinking will happen.
unless we are very close to winning it all, i think he'll think about hanging it up.
He's signed until the 2015 season (that's when he hits free agency)
I'm pretty sure we got plenty of time lol
Give him whatever he wants!
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Justin Smith is in his prime, he just had the best year of his career and I dont doubt that he can be productive at 35 with his work ethic, strength and love for the game.

Justin Smith will be productive for another 5 years. He'll retire a niner when hes 37, with 3 superbowl rings
one year at a time